How to activate TRUEMOVE H sim on my notebook - please help

RIGPA

Hello,

I just bough the dongle 3G+ from true move and a sim card. It gives me some basic data, I haven't topped it up yet as I am unable to register the account. I used the customer service, they told me to activate the account to put my sim card in my phone and dial number they gave me, but when I put the sim in my phone I get no coverage. Has anybody registered the card for their computer/notebook before and could give me detailed instructions please??? I looked through other threads on true move but I couldn't find anything to answer my question.

Oh and hello, I'm new to the forum and its my first post.

Peace and Love to all

Hi. What you may have to do is go into your phones settings, select networks and scan. Then select the True move H and it will register your sim on the network. Whilst it is in your phone top it up at the 7/11 and the call 1331 and activate an internet package. I think the one I use costs 930 Baht a month unlimited with a 5Gb fair useage deal.

Hope this helps biggrin.png

• Like 1

If you register the sim on any phone and then arrange a package via 1331 they will send you an sms to say the package has been activated. Once you receive this sms you can then take out the sim from the phone and put it in the dongle and away you go. No smart phone needed. I did it from a 500 Baht basic phone the last time and it is working now as I am posting here thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

It would help if you could share as much detail as possible:

phone make and model

USB aircard make/model or a link

SIM promotional name

location(s)

requirements: how much data, one SIM to share between a phone and aircard, budget

Generally speaking your SIM would be activated automagically - you do not need to do anything. That said, it is easier to manage your SIM/account/mobile data plan with a phone - especially a smart-phone, at least until you've registered for, and mastered use of the iServices app.

My best guess is that your phone does NOT support 850/2100 MHz 3G so you are unable to get a signal from TrueMove H? I am not certain but I do not think newly purchased TrueMove H SIMs can register on the old, legacy TrueMove GSM 1800 MHz network.

You'll have to add value to your account (telephone number associated with the SIM: 0xx-nnn-NNNN) - this can be done anywhere including a 7/11, and subscribe to a data plan. Unfortunately you may not be able to do this from your current phone. You may have to borrow a phone, or trudge back to the shop and ask for assistance.