• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

HI Mole!

Long time no see.

I'm back in Hong Kong for a short spell (I hope!)

How's are baby boy doing?

I'm sure you're happy with such a well behaved creature?

I told you he was a good boy.

Again, thanks for your help on this.

I've got two dogs here to take care of.

Cheers,

MM

• 1 month later...

Almost healed. You can see just how nasty that wound really was.

post-17753-0-13370100-1401895584_thumb.j post-17753-0-23337700-1401895592_thumb.j post-17753-0-61831200-1401895598_thumb.j post-17753-0-77392100-1401895602_thumb.j

There's a fad to put handkerchief on cats, and my neighbors has for some reason decided to put on this military style on him.

Edited by Mole

Almost healed. You can see just how nasty that wound really was.

attachicon.gif20140604_221319.jpg attachicon.gif20140604_221332.jpg attachicon.gif20140604_221350.jpg attachicon.gif20140604_221353.jpg

There's a fad to put handkerchief on cats, and my neighbors has for some reason decided to put on this military style on him.

Maybe cos he's been through some battles :) nice to see him doing well.

Just be careful he doesn't hang himself in a tree without an elastic collar. If he climbs trees, but looking at him he seems so content and well fed he doesn't need to climb trees. Just sleep eat purr. That's what they are here for.

Personally I don't put anything on my cat, not even collars or bells. But ever since my neighbors moved in, they've pretty much taken over my cats...

In fact, the first thing they did was giving milk to them and I told them cats can't really process lactose, so don't give them milk.

Then in December when it was kinda cold, they gave the cats some clothes to wear, which I'm not so sure if it's such a good idea because cats needs to lick and clean their fur all the time.

I also don't really like this handkerchief fad, because unless you wash it regularly it'll just collect germs which then gets onto you when you pick them up.

Oh yeah, in the beginning, they also fed them rice mixed with tuna. I happen to see the bowl of rice and told them not to feed them rice. Just give them raw tuna or meat, no rice or vegetables.

Edited by Mole

• 1 month later...

It was kinda hard to take pics of her because she was moving. Her appetite is certainly in order.

She doesn't seem to like to be indoor much though.

Edited by Mole

It was kinda hard to take pics of her because she was moving. Her appetite is certainly in order.

She doesn't seem to like to be indoor much though.

She doesn't... Used to moving around freely in the jungle. She's probably still very confused...

• 9 months later...

Bruno sadly has been missing for over 1 month now.

1 of my cats as well as several of my neighbours cats died of an illness, but Bruno was apparently not affected.

Toong is still OK and so is Big Balls, who is getting bigger and bigger.

A friend of mine told me a stray cat has given birth to 3 girls, so I've decided to take them all in.

Very talkative and curious bunch.

post-17753-0-50211800-1431522937_thumb.j

Edited by Mole

Nice to see those little ones have landed on their feet.

I like cats, but Samui seems to be over run by them...

The hotel was over run with them, must have been at least 30 of them most were young and very friendly.

It was amazing just watching them chase the maid about, 8 of them would follow her everywhere, there were two little fellas (I am assuming they were males), always around and it was a fight to keep them out of my room, one was a about 3-4 months and the other was 6-9 months old, one day I saw a western woman, in bikini, I think she had a big bag of dried cat food with her telling the maid where to put food out for the cats, next day I saw the same woman in the hotel next door, maybe she is a do gooder seeing stray cats get feed but would it not be practical to see the cats get neutered, at least two of the cats had coughs and I am assuming that the reason why the tended to be young was at some stage every year or so due to over population the would be epidemics that would wipe out many cats.

Good to know Toong's still going strong smile.png Hope those kittehs are as healthy as they look! I rescued two wee ones in March, they had pretty much every disease you can imagine and it took me 2 months to cure them of everything (might still have ringworm spores though).

Edited by AngThong