Bruno the cat

@@@Waring, the pic below is a bit graphic................

This is Bruno. He is a public domain cat. He used to lay on my balcony soaking up the sun. The pic was taken today.

A few weeks back, I saw him with his flesh literally ripped off his neck with exposed muscle.

I really went about kicking myself in the butt about this. I thought there was something I could have done for him.

I don't know what happened to him, but I think it was a dog.

I cannot afford a vet at this time, nor can I take him in as a pet because I will be leaving in March, so instead, I feed him when I can like dry food and fried fish or grilled chicken. I have to chase off the other cats and show favoritism to him only.

It's slowly healing as you can see by the scabs, but being an outdoor cat, he'll just rub it off on something.

I hope he makes it, poor little guy.

post-187974-0-85324100-1388132149_thumb.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Take him to the vet's & PM me the receipt.

Rooo that's a nice thing to do.

M.Man have you tried Dog Rescue? (They help cats as well). They have their own vet who may be able to help.

Bruno looks as though he needs a course of anti-biotics to stem off infection.

G.

Take him to the vet's & PM me the receipt.

Rooo that's a nice thing to do.

M.Man have you tried Dog Rescue? (They help cats as well). They have their own vet who may be able to help.

Bruno looks as though he needs a course of anti-biotics to stem off infection.

G.

I haven't tried anything but to feed him back to health. As I said, he's public domain, so no one is feeding him but me.

He needs everything but I don't have the money to spend on him. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

He is much better now. Before, there was such a rotten stench coming from that area and it was dripping.

Now, seems to be closing up and he is moving around a bit. He has to jump from a wall to the AC unit and from there to the balcony itself.

So yes, anti-biotics would increase his healing rate and it needs to be wrapped up.

Maybe I'll look into this Dog Rescue thing, although I don't have the number nor know their location.

Dog Rescue - Dr Sith c/o Brigitte & Werner - Main Vet centre is situated in Taling Ngam, but he visits the Chaweng Centre Mon / Wed / Fri 4.30pm - 6pm - Tel 077 413 490 or 081 893 9443 from 9am - 6pm.

A drop of benadine (small yellow bottle/red liquid) would probably help, or perhaps the jelly of an aloe vera leaf from the garden.

HTH

Thanks for the advice but..........

He's a street cat. I've never pet him before much less administer medicine.

Last thing I need is a cat bite.

How tame is he? Will he run away if you approach him? If he's very tame towards people, I'd be more than happy to take him in. There are lots of cat lovers in my apartment building, so he'll be well fed and taken care of.

I'll bring him to the vet for necessary treatment and also get him neutered when he gets better.

How tame is he? Will he run away if you approach him? If he's very tame towards people, I'd be more than happy to take him in. There are lots of cat lovers in my apartment building, so he'll be well fed and taken care of.

I'll bring him to the vet for necessary treatment and also get him neutered when he gets better.

Hi, very nice gesture on your part.

I still feed him daily. He has a great disposition, but he's a wild street cat.

He is almost approachable, but still has the FLIGHT mentality.

I can help you catch him, but the deal is he can be seen sleeping on the wash-machine early mornings around 7,8 or 9am.

Sometimes he stops by early evenings.

If you are really interested, please PM me on how we can communicate and get this going.

I have a basket I use for my cats, so I can give you the basket, then when you manage to put him in the basket, you can call me, and I can pick him up right away.

If you're OK with this, please PM your phone and I'll call.

FYI, cats aren't like dogs. They don't bite or scratch. If they don't like humans, they won't even let you touch them and will simply get away when you approach them. If they do let you touch them, then it means they're OK with you.

Some cats will only let people they're familiar with touch them and won't let strangers touch them at all.

This is why I need to know just how familiar Bruno is with you. If he'll let you touch and pet him, then chances are that he's OK with people.

If he's shy of humans, then there's really no point for me to take him because chances are that he'll simply run away.

All my cats are street cats, but they're very tame and will even let strangers touch them.

If you can't catch him or get him to Cat & Dog rescue, go to your local pharmacy and buy some cheap thai antibiotices (Hermomycin - I think, maybe 25/30 baht per pack 10 ) and put it in the food you leave so the cat eats it. It will/should help. Good luck!

Bruno is with me now. He's still a bit shy of the new surroundings.

The wound is still fresh and smells. I'll bring him to the vet first thing tomorrow since they're all closed today.

post-17753-0-29919700-1388576805_thumb.j post-17753-0-48520100-1388576835_thumb.j post-17753-0-81495000-1388576853_thumb.j post-17753-0-39021100-1388576879_thumb.j post-17753-0-14313900-1388576896_thumb.j post-17753-0-77356200-1388576911_thumb.j

He's very handsome and definitely got Siamese blood.

Both vets in my neighborhood which I've previously used for my cats are still closed today. So it'll have to be tomorrow.

Will have to de-worm him, treat that wound and neutered when he's healed. Gonna have to give him a good wash too.

He's got good appetite though.

He's gonna have to stay in my bathroom for the time being.

post-17753-0-80127100-1388640970_thumb.j post-17753-0-79852100-1388641005_thumb.j

Both vets in my neighborhood which I've previously used for my cats are still closed today. So it'll have to be tomorrow.

Will have to de-worm him, treat that wound and neutered when he's healed. Gonna have to give him a good wash too.

He's got good appetite though.

He's gonna have to stay in my bathroom for the time being.

attachicon.gif20140102_123236.jpg attachicon.gif20140102_123306.jpg

Check dog rescue center, they might have vet on duty.

To be honest, I've been there many times before with my cats, and they seems to always be busy and it also looks like they priority dogs.

Although it's just a walking distance from where I live, I've only had bad experience with this place so I'm not gonna ever go there again.

Bruno is with me now. He's still a bit shy of the new surroundings.

The wound is still fresh and smells. I'll bring him to the vet first thing tomorrow since they're all closed today.

attachicon.gif20140101_183629.jpg attachicon.gif20140101_183717.jpg attachicon.gif20140101_183752.jpg attachicon.gif20140101_183859.jpg attachicon.gif20140101_183917.jpg attachicon.gif20140101_183935.jpg

He's very handsome and definitely got Siamese blood.

Well done mate !!!