Thai police chief: No live bullets fired by police

webfact

Thai police chief: No live bullets fired by police
By Digital Content

13881339896821.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 27 – Thailand’s police chief today stood firm that police did not use live ammunition in yesterday’s crackdown on anti-government protesters at the Thai-Japanese stadium.

Pol Gen Adul Saengsingkaew said police strictly followed required steps in dealing with the protesters, starting with a warning before firing tear gas.

He refused to answer when asked if police fired rubber and live bullets at the opposite side but insisted that they adhered to crowed-control procedures and would not open fire if the registration venue was not intruded.

Regarding a video clip showing policemen hitting a protesters’ vehicle, he said police would urgently investigate the cases. He would not commit to when the probe would be finished.

Asked about the diminishing image of the Thai police, Pol Gen Adul said police are obliged to strictly adhere to the law and perform their duties with patience.

He said police nationwide were ordered to maintain public order when constituency candidates start their registrations for the February 2 general elections tomorrow. The registrations will be held nationwide through January 1.

He confirmed that one police officer was killed and 34 others were injured in yesterday’s clash at the Thai-Japanese stadium.

Deputy National Police Chief Worapong Chiewpreecha insisted that police used only tear gas and rubber bullets and followed international standards in dealing with protesters yesterday. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-12-27

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why would he refuse to answer a key and vital question ? That alone diminishes public confidence and inspires distrust.

Because he could not! When I watch how the police hitting the volunteer's nurse car, I could not believe they were police. More like terrorists!

So the live bullets found on site are supposed to be from the protestors? He didn't has the nerve to say that. So sad for Thai has the corrupted guy to be the police chief!

• Like 2

The police chief's statements seem somewhat contradictory.

First he says :

Thailand’s police chief today stood firm that police did not use live ammunition in yesterday’s crackdown on anti-government protesters at the Thai-Japanese stadium.

Then refuses to say if they fired live bullets :

He refused to answer when asked if police fired rubber and live bullets at the opposite side but insisted that they adhered to crowed-control procedures and would not open fire if the registration venue was not intruded.

Then says :

Deputy National Police Chief Worapong Chiewpreecha insisted that police used only tear gas and rubber bullets and followed international standards in dealing with protesters yesterday. (MCOT online news)

Neither does he mention that any of the protesters were shot.

The MRS who was there, told me when she phoned at mid day today that there were 3 or 4 people on top of buildings shooting down at them,

She did not say which buildings nor who they were.

December 26, 2013; Anti-government protests escalate into armed insurgency.

3 Protestors with shot wounds, 1 sadly died.

Premeditated murder charges for Surapong to follow. Snipers on top of labor Ministry building (Chalerm's office). Sufficient evidence (including images) available.

The other paper is reporting that the G40 senators turned up at the stadium and were booed and hissed and by the police who then started throwing things at the senators. Nuff said Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We ll know that the G40 senators are hand pick by PAD (selected, not elected).

• Like 2

Premeditated murder charges for Surapong to follow. Snipers on top of labor Ministry building (Chalerm's office). Sufficient evidence (including images) available.

Would that be the grainy photos of some people on a roof posted on Facebook? Even if that shows snipers, that is no way proof of anything. Especially since these people were shot with rubber bullets.

And how that could lead to premeditated murder charges is just beyond me when the people shot were protesters rioting trying to force their way into a compound where a democratic process was taking place. Who had also been given ample warnings to leave the area.

Sadly you say? I say the only good fascist is a dead one.

Edited by diceq
  • Like 1

Would that be the grainy photos of some people on a roof posted on Facebook? Even if that shows snipers, that is no way proof of anything. Especially since these people were shot with rubber bullets.

And how that could lead to premeditated murder charges is just beyond me when the people shot were protesters rioting trying to force their way into a compound where a democratic process was taking place. Who had also been given ample warnings to leave the area.

As I posted before the MRs who was there at the time has told me that there were people shooting down from a rooftop.

I somehow doubt that rubber bullets have the power to penetrate a skull or a chest cavity on a downward trajectory in order to destroy the liver as happened to the protester who died and another who was injured.

They are after all fired from pump action shotguns for the charge does not have the power to operate the mechanism of an automatic shotgun.

Then you agree that Abhisit and Suthep should never have been charged with premeditated murder.

That is a first, a red telling us that Thaksin the fascist should be dead

• Like 1

First picture show clear wounds made by rubber bullets

The second video show protesters, farang and police and no proof of live rounds.

"Asked about the diminishing image of the Thai police, Pol Gen Adul said police are obliged to strictly adhere to the law and perform their duties with patience."

Yeah.........right!

The other paper is reporting that the G40 senators turned up at the stadium and were booed and hissed and by the police who then started throwing things at the senators.

Nuff said

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's also in the Thailand today section here. Certainly shows Pol. Gen. Adul thoughts above to be only wishful thinking. While there are some very good cops about sadly the overall diminishing image is correct.

First picture show clear wounds made by rubber bullets

The second video show protesters, farang and police and no proof of live rounds.

You can't see anything in the 2nd video!? No live ammunitions??

Please wear your sighted glasses and watch again.

Reminds one of Suthep and Abhisit facing murder charges when "ample warning was given to leave the areas" including the live firing zones but I can see that the penny has not dropped.
  • Like 1

Why would he refuse to answer a key and vital question ? That alone diminishes public confidence and inspires distrust.

Because he could not! When I watch how the police hitting the volunteer's nurse car, I could not believe they were police. More like terrorists!

So the live bullets found on site are supposed to be from the protestors? He didn't has the nerve to say that. So sad for Thai has the corrupted guy to be the police chief!

Saw that the riot police had red scarf around their neck. Are they the red shirt police sent in to stop the protestors?