Flights From Pattaya Airport

Silent Tiger

I flew to Phuket last year from Pattaya were else can you fly from that airport its about 25 mins away from Pattaya heading to Sattayip i am NOT interested in Phuket again :o

Is there a link to flights please

You can also fly to Samui from there. It is actually a military Airport but has a few flights everyday from there.

Phuket and Samui are your only choices out of U-Taphao.

If you can be bothered to travel to Bangkok, AirAsia are having a "May Madness" sale at the the moment for both domestic and international flights...........booking now for travel up until the end of May.

Doesn't add much expense to your journey if you travel to Bangkok by bus.

(Nice to see you back by the way S.T :o )

Phuket and Samui are your only choices out of U-Taphao.

U-Tapao is officially called "U-Tapao International Airport" and has been for a long time. Yes, it is used by the Royal Thai Airforce and other branches of the Thai military and USA military, as is Don Muang, but it handles a lot of civil traffic now. You can also fly with Korean Air to Incheon if that takes your fancy!!

An airport in Pattaya ? :o

Never knew they had an airport even close :D

Is it a military base or civilian ?

What airlines fly in there if it is a civilian airport ?

If its a military airfield, what aircraft fly from there ?

An airport in Pattaya ? :o

Never knew they had an airport even close :D

Is it a military base or civilian ?

What airlines fly in there if it is a civilian airport ?

If its a military airfield, what aircraft fly from there ?

I know a place where you can find the answers to all the above...........

Hint.............read the preceding posts. :D:D

My thoughts exactly :D

But that doesn't increase you post count though, does it ? :o

Of course it does Kerry and if you want confirmation of that, ask our good Doctor and Prolific Senior Administrator.....he's the master of the one-liners and single Smiley replies.

And.....what about that puerile nonsense in Bedlam called "The Last Word" started by, and proliferated by, none other than yourself? I'm sure that that's adding impressively to your post count :D:D Don't knock it Kerry.

Edited by Artisan

The airport is unkown to lots of folks. :D The URL link is new to others. :o The member might not have read the first post also. :D Here's to the famous one liner and a patch of smilies too! :D

:D

Edited by ilyushin

Of course it does Kerry and if you want confirmation of that, ask our good Doctor and Prolific Senior Administrator.....he's the master of the one-liners and single Smiley replies.

And.....what about that puerile nonsense in Bedlam called "The Last Word" started by, and proliferated by, none other than yourself? I'm sure that that's adding impressively to your post count :D:D Don't knock it Kerry.

My point, which was obviously overlooked, was that merely reading the previous posts wouldn't increase a person's post count.

And, just to be fair, the original The Last Word thread was started by chanchao, not me ! P.gif

The copycat The Last Word thread was indeed started by moi. My total posts in both threads represent about 11% of my total posts.

What was the original topic here ? :D

U-Tapao International Airport (IATA: UTP, ICAO: VTBU), also known as Utapao or U-Taphao, is one of the important international airports under supervision of the Royal Thai Navy's Naval Air Division Commander. It is one of Thailand's regional airports, located 25 minutes’ drive from Pattaya and Rayong, which are among the best beach resorts in Thailand. The facility is located near the city of Sattahip on the Gulf of Siam, approximately 90 miles south of Bangkok. The geographical location is 12°40′40″N, 101°00′33″E.

Airlines which use U-Tapao International Airport are:

Bangkok Airways (Phuket, Ko Samui)

Finnair (Helsinki)

Korean Air (Seoul)

Siberia Airlines (Irkutsk, Novosibirsk)

Transaero (Moscow)

U-Tapao International Airport is a part of U-Tapao Royal Thai Navy Airfield which is the home of the Royal Thai Navy First Air Wing. During the Vietnam War U-Tapao was a front-line base of the United States Air Force.

U-Tapao is both an active civil airport and a Royal Thai Navy Airfield, being the home of the Royal Thai Navy First Air Wing. For several years, beginning in 1981, the airfield has hosted parts of Operation Cobra Gold, a joint exercise involving U.S. Armed Forces, Singaporean Forces and Royal Thai Forces designed to build ties between the nations and promote interoperability between each of the nations different military components.

Operation Cobra Gold is the largest U.S. military peacetime exercise in the Pacific. Royal Thai marines hit the beach at Utapao, Thailand during a Combined Amphibious Landing Force Exercise with the 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit Special Operations Capable. The U.S. and Thai Marines trained together during the exercise, which was part of Exercise Cobra Gold 2002.

Thailand is an important element in the Pentagon's new strategy of "forward positioning". Also, despite Thailand's neutrality on the war in Iraq, the Thai government allowed U-Tapao to be used by American warplanes flying into combat in Iraq, as it had earlier done during the war in Afghanistan.

In addition, U-Tapao may be where Al Qaeda operatives have been interrogated, according to some retired American intelligence officials. :D

The humanitarian relief effort for the Sumatran Tsunami of 26 December 2004 was being coordinated from the U-Tapao Royal Thai Naval Air Force Base. A multinational force headquarters was established at the base.

SOURCE

:o

My point, which was obviously overlooked, was that merely reading the previous posts wouldn't increase a person's post count.

And, just to be fair, the original The Last Word thread was started by chanchao, not me ! P.gif

The copycat The Last Word thread was indeed started by moi. My total posts in both threads represent about 11% of my total posts.

What was the original topic here ? :o

Hi Kerry, I did consider your particular point, but I just discounted it after considering the relevance of an alternative point. And just to be fair also, your personally initiated "Last Word" thread is still current whereas the original thread, indeed started by 'chanchao', was closed nearly 2 months ago.

11% of your total posts in both threads? ...Kerry, that's more than 230 posts!

The original topic......let me think......something about Pattaya? about flying? about airlines? about holidays?.....I know...."Russians in Pattaya" wasn't it?

This will be post #777 for me....catching you up eh? But,I wish that I could use the same smilies as yourself....where do you find them? Let's stay friends Kerry. :D

Hey... that's one of my smilies... :D

Last used I think just before Songkran... :o

I steal smilies from unsuspecting posters ! image3.gif

Speaking of flights, what the hel_l was that 4 engine passenger jet doing flying over Pattaya at such a low altitude this morning ? With the rain and clouds, visibility must have been minimal. He should have been over the ocean, not the city :D

Edited by Kerryd

U-Tapao International Airport (IATA: UTP, ICAO: VTBU), also known as Utapao or U-Taphao, is one of the important international airports under supervision of the Royal Thai Navy's Naval Air Division Commander. It is one of Thailand's regional airports, located 25 minutes’ drive from Pattaya and Rayong, which are among the best beach resorts in Thailand. The facility is located near the city of Sattahip on the Gulf of Siam, approximately 90 miles south of Bangkok. The geographical location is 12°40′40″N, 101°00′33″E.

Airlines which use U-Tapao International Airport are:

Bangkok Airways (Phuket, Ko Samui)

Finnair (Helsinki)

Korean Air (Seoul)

Siberia Airlines (Irkutsk, Novosibirsk)

Transaero (Moscow)

U-Tapao International Airport is a part of U-Tapao Royal Thai Navy Airfield which is the home of the Royal Thai Navy First Air Wing. During the Vietnam War U-Tapao was a front-line base of the United States Air Force.

U-Tapao is both an active civil airport and a Royal Thai Navy Airfield, being the home of the Royal Thai Navy First Air Wing. For several years, beginning in 1981, the airfield has hosted parts of Operation Cobra Gold, a joint exercise involving U.S. Armed Forces, Singaporean Forces and Royal Thai Forces designed to build ties between the nations and promote interoperability between each of the nations different military components.

Operation Cobra Gold is the largest U.S. military peacetime exercise in the Pacific. Royal Thai marines hit the beach at Utapao, Thailand during a Combined Amphibious Landing Force Exercise with the 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit Special Operations Capable. The U.S. and Thai Marines trained together during the exercise, which was part of Exercise Cobra Gold 2002.

Thailand is an important element in the Pentagon's new strategy of "forward positioning". Also, despite Thailand's neutrality on the war in Iraq, the Thai government allowed U-Tapao to be used by American warplanes flying into combat in Iraq, as it had earlier done during the war in Afghanistan.

In addition, U-Tapao may be where Al Qaeda operatives have been interrogated, according to some retired American intelligence officials. :D

The humanitarian relief effort for the Sumatran Tsunami of 26 December 2004 was being coordinated from the U-Tapao Royal Thai Naval Air Force Base. A multinational force headquarters was established at the base.

SOURCE

:D

Thanks very much for the info, Dave :D

What is it about getting your posting numbers up ? :o WHY ?

Why do you need to get your postinfs so high ? is there a prize for the top poster ? :D

If there is, I guess I'm out of the running for even being close, some have posted thousands of them :D

Could either be a B747F from Atlas or an airline positioning a large 4 engined aircraft for a deep check at Thai's (TG) maintenance facility. Also a technical stop could be a possible. :D Usually don't see anything low flying over the city unless the bad weather diverted the aircraft. Just guessing! :o

Look like this? post-17974-1147946743_thumb.jpg

Thanks very much for the info, Dave :D

What is it about getting your posting numbers up ? :o WHY ?

Why do you need to get your postinfs so high ? is there a prize for the top poster ? :D

If there is, I guess I'm out of the running for even being close, some have posted thousands of them :D

Misunderstanding. I really don't think the Post Count is important. Guess the highest poster gets off, not a prize. :D

Yep, saw the big big beast flying as well.

Reckon it wasn't higher then 6 or 7 hundred feet, right under the cloudbase!

I'll bet the people up at the Big Buddha or the Radio Station could count the rivets on the underside of that bird as it went over. I figured it it could clear the hill, then it would probably clear everything else in Pattaya (which it did obviously).

It didn't look like a 747 (didn't have that distinctive front end with the "hump"). Couldn't make out any markings due to the rain and clouds.

Unscheduled commercial or military flight ( charter) which is not listed on traffic. Probably a charter contract for Cobra Gold.

:o

That would probably explain the overflight of the city at such a low altitude as well. Regular, scheduled traffic would be more familiar with the routes.

Then again, maybe the pilots were just scoping out the bars and Walking Street for future holiday planning. :D

Also be advised, you will pass thru several military gates / check points,

They have full authority to stop, question and inspect,

and IMHO they never appear to be in a very good mood, :o:D

Edited by cobra