Thai women arrested for luring others into sex work in UK and S Korea

webfact

15 British men a day?

It takes me 1 hour to conclude proceedings.

On a serious note, I still don't believe these stories the way they are presented. The victims usually don't receive a good percentage of the takings leading them to be wanting to be rescued.

Thailand has less than 1% unemployment , why would a 17 yr old get a passport to go and wash plates in south Korea? Her ticket alone costs more than an electrical dishwasher.

I remember the story from 2007, about 16 Thai girls were taken into custody after a number of raids across London, their Pimp a Thai lady and an Englishman were also arrested.

while at the time a lot was made about the girls being trafficked for the sex trade, The reality was, all the girls families were given a million Baht, the girls were flown over under student visas, they knew what they were getting into. They were working to pay off the million baht!

But its easier to make it look like they were trafficed against their will!

Can you back up your assertions with documentary evidence, newspaper accounts or? Not saying you are wrong, but where do you get this information?

The story is correct, you can search through UK newspapers from that period. I have added what I know about how the girls found themselves in that situation through talking with some of the ladies involved, those that managed to escape the police raids. They all went back working for another pimp.

Edited by ggold

The people who arrange these jobs are scumbags but if there story is the girls know what is going on get them

to sign and initial a statement that sexual services may be involved. It would clear up any misunderstandings.

although it would probably convict them as well.

The people who arrange these jobs are scumbags but if there story is the girls know what is going on get them to sign and initial a statement that sexual services may be involved. It would clear up any misunderstandings. although it would probably convict them as well.

The women would be working illegally, wouldn't be mentioning on their visa application wanting to visit UK to be a sex worker. Don't know about the UK, but in Australia the foreign sex workers the majority who were Thai use to be deported, if identified, within 48 hours. The policy was changed so they could remain for a while if they co-operated to identify those who assisted with the false visa applications and prosecution. Entered via a student visa, fiance or tourist visas; one of the reasons why Oz immigration identified Thais as a 'high risk' category

Edited by simple1

15 British men a day?

On a serious note, I still don't believe these stories the way they are presented. The victims usually don't receive a good percentage of the takings leading them to be wanting to be rescued.

Thailand has less than 1% unemployment , why would a 17 yr old get a passport to go and wash plates in south Korea? Her ticket alone costs more than an electrical dishwasher.

But many girls fall for this trick.

I have know several girls (unemployed) who have been offered jobs at "Spas" in Korea. They are promised a salary of 60,000 baht a month. No wonder they are interested.

And in their heart of hearts they don't think that this 60,000 Baht will require sexual services?

Edited by tominbkk

Where I live there is an operation of Korean men taking Thai women to Korea. I had my suspicions but found out the truth when I asked a local cafe owner why so many Korean men hang around all day not working and having meetings, and why they occasionally have a Thai woman join them for 5 minutes who acts like a subservient, nervous wreck. She told me they take the Thai women to Korea and sometimes bring Korean women to Thailand, for you know what. There are more details and other things I've seen but I won't mention them here, and to be honest I am a bit scared to know what's going on considering a Korean man cut up another man and put him in a suitcase outside an apartment not too far from where I stay. I dread to think what really goes on behind the curtain of this city.

15 British men a day?

I remember the story from 2007, about 16 Thai girls were taken into custody after a number of raids across London, their Pimp a Thai lady and an Englishman were also arrested.

while at the time a lot was made about the girls being trafficked for the sex trade, The reality was, all the girls families were given a million Baht, the girls were flown over under student visas, they knew what they were getting into. They were working to pay off the million baht!

But its easier to make it look like they were trafficed against their will!

These forums are quite regularly used for complaining about difficulties getting their Thai sweetheart a UK tourist visa etc. Now you can understand why the process is so selective. It's totally understandable. A few undesirables can cause havoc for those that are genuine. On another note and no this is not racist, anyone who stands in an immigration line behind a Filipina needs to wake up, same same, but usually intending to overstay and go underground. The UK is awash with such, and not just Filipina , but they seem to edge ahead in the majority stakes.

Desperation and greed cause people to do things they may not normally do. Happens all over the world, not just here.

yeah, could happen anywhere right , as does corruption , political turmoil ,dangerous roads , etc,..............just happen to be 10 times worse here !

In my travels around Thailand. The northern Issan districts are the worst I have ever seen for pimping out there children for money! The family encourages this and the daughters deliver if possible.

I have been approached by family's offering there daughters to me. Several times!!! 60,000 baht / mo. would be motive for the whole family to push there daughters into prostitution without a second thought.

One of my many stories: 5 years ago I was traveling on a bus in northern Thailand. There was a pretty young girl with a baby in her arms traveling with her family, ( mom and pop )

Bored, I started playing with the baby, stupid stuff. Making faces and playing hide and seek. Just being silly.

The family huddled up and talked for about 10 minutes. Thinking it was strange, but paying little attention to it.

Right after that the daughter gave me her cell number and address. Telling me that if I needed anything she was there for me. And wanted me to come with her????? At the time I was pretty fresh to Thailand. But saw threw this immediately. Basically the same thing happened several time while traveling north.

So, I take these stories with a grain of salt. Motive, not the amount of money promised. Family wants there daughter back to try again.

very nice bed time story

In my travels around Thailand. The northern Issan districts are the worst I have ever seen for pimping out there children for money! The family encourages this and the daughters deliver if possible.

I have been approached by family's offering there daughters to me. Several times!!! 60,000 baht / mo. would be motive for the whole family to push there daughters into prostitution without a second thought.

One of my many stories: 5 years ago I was traveling on a bus in northern Thailand. There was a pretty young girl with a baby in her arms traveling with her family, ( mom and pop )

Bored, I started playing with the baby, stupid stuff. Making faces and playing hide and seek. Just being silly.

The family huddled up and talked for about 10 minutes. Thinking it was strange, but paying little attention to it.

Right after that the daughter gave me her cell number and address. Telling me that if I needed anything she was there for me. And wanted me to come with her????? At the time I was pretty fresh to Thailand. But saw threw this immediately. Basically the same thing happened several time while traveling north.

So, I take these stories with a grain of salt. Motive, not the amount of money promised. Family wants there daughter back to try again.

I was riding my motorcycle a few years back with my daughter on the back seat when we stopped to talk with two older Thai ladies who were planting in the rice fields in the Issan district. My daughter didn't speak English then (she lives in NYC and speaks very good English now) and I didn't speak Thai so the elder ladies and my daughter were chatting and laughing - I had no idea what about. When I returned to the village, my wife told me the two ladies were asking if I had any "Farang" friends for their daughters. Not that they were pimping out their children but they were probably looking to marry them off to some "rich" foreigner. Seemed harmless enough. In the village I lived in for a couple of summers I didn't see any evidence of moms pimping out their children -- all of the teens I knew were in school (I did some volunteer teaching in the village school) but then many go to Bangkok to work when they are about 14, it seems, both girls and boys. There are no jobs to speak of in the village except working in the rice fields to earn a bare subsistence living. So it's no wonder that the children in these villages leave as soon as they can and that some are easily scammed with prospects of a better life with all of the accompanying false promises. Many do not want to live the life of a subsistence farmer and look to wider world for better situations. On the other hand, I've heard of villagers warning other parents to beware of outsiders when it comes to their children so, while some may pimp out their children, I'm doubtful that this is the norm in Issan.