Thai women arrested for luring others into sex work in UK and S Korea

webfact

Thai women arrested for luring others into sex work
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Two Thai women have been arrested for luring women into prostitution in South Korea and the United Kingdom.

Suspects Thipphawan Tempao and Phingjai Kim had allegedly duped the former's niece, who is a minor, the police Anti-Human Trafficking Division said at a press conference yesterday. Thipphawan is married to a Korean man.

The victim, 17 at the time of her ordeal, was told she was going to be joining a Thai massage parlour, but was forced to provide sexual services when she arrived in South Korea last year. She then began posting messages on social media asking to be rescued, and returned to Thailand in May.

In another case, the division arrested Chada Intayuang after another woman claimed that the suspect, along with a British national and a Chinese national promised her a job in the UK after she paid them Bt500,000.

The victim said she was forced to provide sexual services in several cities in England and Scotland. She said served as many as seven to 15 men daily between September and December in 2007, until she was rescued in a police raid.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-28

• Like 1

15 British men a day?

It takes me 1 hour to conclude proceedings.

On a serious note, I still don't believe these stories the way they are presented. The victims usually don't receive a good percentage of the takings leading them to be wanting to be rescued.

Thailand has less than 1% unemployment , why would a 17 yr old get a passport to go and wash plates in south Korea? Her ticket alone costs more than an electrical dishwasher.

But many girls fall for this trick.

I have know several girls (unemployed) who have been offered jobs at "Spas" in Korea. They are promised a salary of 60,000 baht a month. No wonder they are interested.

• Like 2

In my travels around Thailand. The northern Issan districts are the worst I have ever seen for pimping out there children for money! The family encourages this and the daughters deliver if possible.

I have been approached by family's offering there daughters to me. Several times!!! 60,000 baht / mo. would be motive for the whole family to push there daughters into prostitution without a second thought.

One of my many stories: 5 years ago I was traveling on a bus in northern Thailand. There was a pretty young girl with a baby in her arms traveling with her family, ( mom and pop )

Bored, I started playing with the baby, stupid stuff. Making faces and playing hide and seek. Just being silly.

The family huddled up and talked for about 10 minutes. Thinking it was strange, but paying little attention to it.

Right after that the daughter gave me her cell number and address. Telling me that if I needed anything she was there for me. And wanted me to come with her????? At the time I was pretty fresh to Thailand. But saw threw this immediately. Basically the same thing happened several time while traveling north.

So, I take these stories with a grain of salt. Motive, not the amount of money promised. Family wants there daughter back to try again.

Edited by garyk

15 British men a day?

On a serious note, I still don't believe these stories the way they are presented. The victims usually don't receive a good percentage of the takings leading them to be wanting to be rescued.

Thailand has less than 1% unemployment , why would a 17 yr old get a passport to go and wash plates in south Korea? Her ticket alone costs more than an electrical dishwasher.

Well you can find some strange cases. A farang I know has Thai wife who has a brother who is a full on ladyboy 45 (forty five) years old, overweight and not a looker.

Six months back the ladyboy came to the farang for cash to get to Germany plus 100,000Baht to rent an apartment etc., to take up a promise of work in a massage parlor which caters for gay men and provides extra services. He had been convinced by the 'organizer' that his age and appearance would not be a problem and that he would be very popular with German / European customers.

The farang refused to give over the funds.

• Like 2

So what do we not know about his subject??????

Human rights????? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Money in hopes of such grand proportions?

Maybe you reap what you sow.......

In a country always looking for more?

What can I say......

This has been happening for years.....

Except back then they didn't chop up people......

It is up to you, just a thought.... wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

15 British men a day?

why would a 17 yr old get a passport to go and wash plates in south Korea?

"...promised her a job in the UK after she paid them Bt500,000."

Or pay Baht 500,000 to go to UK for any reason.

15 British men a day?

Well you can find some strange cases. A farang I know has Thai wife who has a brother who is a full on ladyboy 45 (forty five) years old, overweight and not a looker.

Six months back the ladyboy came to the farang for cash to get to Germany plus 100,000Baht to rent an apartment etc., to take up a promise of work in a massage parlor which caters for gay men and provides extra services. He had been convinced by the 'organizer' that his age and appearance would not be a problem and that he would be very popular with German / European customers.

The farang refused to give over the funds.

"...to take up a promise of work in a massage parlor which caters for gay men and provides extra services. "

Not many gay men would be interested in lady boys in the first place. Sounds like someone's been generating urban myths to suit their world view or is using labels they don't comprehend.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

15 British men a day?

"It takes me 1 hour to conclude proceedings."

That's because you probably enjoy a decent meal with a bottle of wine, so to speak.

These 15 men are there for a hamburger and fries (fast food) and are done and dusted in 20 minutes or less.

So 15 a day is " do able" but awful to contemplate.

• Like 1

15 British men a day?

I remember the story from 2007, about 16 Thai girls were taken into custody after a number of raids across London, their Pimp a Thai lady and an Englishman were also arrested.

while at the time a lot was made about the girls being trafficked for the sex trade, The reality was, all the girls families were given a million Baht, the girls were flown over under student visas, they knew what they were getting into. They were working to pay off the million baht!

But its easier to make it look like they were trafficed against their will!

• Like 2

Dangle a bunch of baht in front of a rural girl, plus some empty promises for good time

and riches and she follow you anywhere....

Come on ezzra, you just spoiled my weekend!!sad.png

I always thought that my 18 year old darkie from Buriram loved me because of my winning personality!coffee1.gif

• Like 1

15 British men a day?

I remember the story from 2007, about 16 Thai girls were taken into custody after a number of raids across London, their Pimp a Thai lady and an Englishman were also arrested.

while at the time a lot was made about the girls being trafficked for the sex trade, The reality was, all the girls families were given a million Baht, the girls were flown over under student visas, they knew what they were getting into. They were working to pay off the million baht!

No doubt they were working to pay off the million baht, but at what interest rate, cost of accommodation and more than likely also exorbitantly overcharged for visas and travel costs. Would they have known likely to 'service' 10+ men a day with a very minimal share of the fees to cover the debts? In reality mostly working in conditions of bonded labour with little hope of an end in sight; in other words equivalent to human trafficking

• Like 1

15 British men a day?

One Hour......is that just the time it takes to bargain the price... surely the encounter will take about 5 mins.... My friend told me he has a way to ensure that every girl he is with has an orgasm... I said....WHO CARES..! The first time time my new g/f and I got naked she looked at my rather small member and started laughing.... Haha she said, Who can you please with that little thing..... I said....ME..!!! The old ones are the best..! cheesy.gif

• Like 1

"The victims don't usually....to be rescued" etc, thats what the report is all about, what's your point here?

I think there's a difference between the prospects of washing plates and providing Thai massage services for a living, and you'll find the girl doesn't pay (initially) for the ticket. That's why these schemes are scams.

15 British men a day?

No doubt they were working to pay off the million baht, but at what interest rate, cost of accommodation and more than likely also exorbitantly overcharged for visas and travel costs. Would they have known likely to 'service' 10+ men a day with a very minimal share of the fees to cover the debts? In reality mostly working in conditions of bonded labour with little hope of an end in sight; in other words equivalent to human trafficking

From what I could understand, They would work for about three years before the debt was paid. I'm not making a judgement on the conditions they had to put up with? Just that they knew what they were getting into.

After all it doesn't make a good news story when you say the girls knew what they were going to be doing, and were willing, when supposedly the authorities are clamping down on sex/human trafficking!

• Like 1

But many girls fall for this trick.

I have know several girls (unemployed) who have been offered jobs at "Spas" in Korea. They are promised a salary of 60,000 baht a month. No wonder they are interested.

Dangle a bunch of baht in front of a rural girl, plus some empty promises for good time

and riches and she follow you anywhere....

there are stories like this from all over the world, not just Asia (East Europe has many victims; I think particularly Moldova). I think if you're living in a small village, it just simply does not occur to you that ANYONE could be so ruthless/heartless as to outright trick you - you, who have never done him/her any wrong - into such a situation.

Unfortunately there are many "people" (I use quotes because I think once you've crossed that line you're no longer actually human) who really would do anything to anybody for money.

I honestly have no issue with girls who've made an "economic decision" to be prostitutes, but it is also true there are many who are held under threat of violence etc. (the story itself doesn't give enough details to know whether it is one or the other, though).

Edited by build6

15 British men a day?

Can you back up your assertions with documentary evidence, newspaper accounts or? Not saying you are wrong, but where do you get this information?