Police inspect Thai Labour Ministry compound

webfact

Police inspect Labour Ministry compound
Thammarat Kijchalong
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The authorities spent yesterday gathering evidence at the Labour Ministry compound after clashes between anti-government protesters and police erupted in its premises on Thursday.

"Windows were broken and our offices were ransacked," the ministry's permanent secretary Jeerasak Sukonthachart said, as he called in forensic police to inspect the scene.

The damage was most evident at the three-storey front building where several offices, including the Skill Development Department, are located.

Niyata Somram, a security guard at the department, said the protesters hurled bricks and stones at police stationed in the compound.

The ministry is close to the Thai-Japan Stadium, where the Election Commission has been holding the registration of political parties and candidates for the February 2 election. The anti-government protesters have been demanding that reforms be put in place before the election, and hence tried to disrupt the process.

"The bricks and stones broke the glass windows and also damaged vehicles parked in the front," Niyata said, adding that she did not expect things to get out of hand until the protesters broke into her office.

"I continued working until a stone hit one of the cats living here. I wanted to save the poor animal, so I carried it in my arms and ran away," she said, adding that when she returned she found that her desk had been ransacked.

"My mobile phone, my tablet, my cosmetics and my purse with Bt3,000 in cash were gone," Niyata said. "The only things left were my toothbrush and toothpaste."

Ministry officials were told to stay away yesterday, as police needed to gather evidence.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-28

No doubt police will find another "mountain of evidence".

The public always thought that the so called R/S were a threat to society, but now we have come up with even a bigger threat this brings to mind of a statement that somebody made a few months back of "forming a new political party" how does one do this? its done in three easy steps;

1. create the problem.

2. control the reaction.

3. offer the solution.

• Like 1

Lots of nonsense, arrogant and with grave accusations posts without an idea, good for offend people trying to do their job.

So pathetic the post implying the security guard was lying about the stolen cash.

This forum is becoming unreadable and populated with extremists vomiting their rants here.

• Like 1

Lots of nonsense, arrogant and with grave accusations posts without an idea, good for offend people trying to do their job.

So pathetic the post implying the security guard was lying about the stolen cash.

This forum is becoming unreadable and populated with extremists vomiting their rants here.

I think it boils down to one thing, nobody trusts the police or authorities in Thailand....... or the government for that matter

The story doesn't add up, first the building is surrounded by police protecting it and it was secure, then there is some very suspect footage of what appears to be police on the roof shooting throwing or whatever they were doing, then suddenly the building was actually invaded by unknown people and some testimony by an employee and a tooth brush <deleted>

What were the results of the police forensics examination of the roof where other police were firing weapons from?

Allegedly. Do you have evidence to back up this claim?

That's why I was asking about the results of the police forensics investigation of the roof as it seems much more contentious and important compared to the police investigation that was gathering evidence of broken windows and stolen cosmetics.

I do, however, realize that the police have their priorities and hopefully they can quickly find out what happened to the missing lipstick so that they can turn their focus to the trivial matter of a dozen men on the roof firing weapons at the ground below.

What were the results of the police forensics examination of the roof where other police were firing weapons from?

That's why I was asking about the results of the police forensics investigation of the roof as it seems much more contentious and important compared to the police investigation that was gathering evidence of broken windows and stolen cosmetics.

I do, however, realize that the police have their priorities and hopefully they can quickly find out what happened to the missing lipstick so that they can turn their focus to the trivial matter of a dozen men on the roof firing weapons at the ground below.

Congratulations: perfect twisting of the article and of the facts. Sure you know which priorities police is giving now.

Did you think at least maybe this part of investigation, where just gathering EVIDENCES, is the first step? Then forensic and ballistic can take more time for give conclusions?

Then maybe everything will be covered up and hidden like it happened in the past under other governments, then can blame on police and investigators.

Oh and anyway... For an average worker, 3,000 THB, cosmetics and mobile phone can be a big loss, sure is nothing in the big picture, but I wouldn't make irony on that...

But whatever, who am I to try to make a little reasoning here?

Edited by newcomer71

I really hope they find the Houdini's who injured the cat as a diversion to snuck inside and stole her cosmetics, phone, computer and purse and exited a secure and heavily guarded building without being seen. I presume she was insured. The feat of these guys was only exceeded by the ninjas that climb to the roof to stand unnoticed amongst around 10 police dressed in black and fired hand guns at police and protestors on the street and then exited unmolested.

Edited by waza
  • Like 2

You are dead right the red rants and hate posts are completely out of control especially against Suthep.

And you are one of the ones making these stupid posts.

• Like 2

Sure you know which priorities police is giving now.

Did you think at least maybe this part of investigation, where just gathering EVIDENCES, is the first step? Then forensic and ballistic can take more time for give conclusions?

I was wondering when they might get around to gathering evidence on the roof.

The article made no mention of them even venturing up there for the first step in their investigation.

I wasn't expecting any conclusions, just that hopefully during their inspection of the building that they might wander up there and look into the most pressing issue regarding the building.

Edited by Maha Sarakham Marty

Congratulations: perfect twisting of the article and of the facts. Sure you know which priorities police is giving now.

Then maybe everything will be covered up and hidden like it happened in the past under other governments, then can blame on police and investigators.

Oh and anyway... For an average worker, 3,000 THB, cosmetics and mobile phone can be a big loss, sure is nothing in the big picture, but I wouldn't make irony on that...

The police were implicated here.

There is no way they should be investigating

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In your opinion, when police is implicated in something thay has to be investigated, in a western country, who will make investigations?

Police, can investigate police wrongdoing and there are loads of examples, even ended up with police being found guilty and convicted.

The last sentence of this article is very interesting.

Interesting,yes But probably not in the way you think. "Interesting" because it means that the police recognize that the ministers would be interested parties; so to preserve the integrity of the investigation, the police asked them to stay away. This sounds like honest police work to me. ANd does anybody seriously believe that the mob came armed only with rubber bands and spitballs? One dead policeman might disagree with that.

The last sentence of this article is very interesting.

Interesting,yes But probably not in the way you think. "Interesting" because it means that the police recognize that the ministers would be interested parties; so to preserve the integrity of the investigation, the police asked them to stay away. This sounds like honest police work to me. ANd does anybody seriously believe that the mob came armed only with rubber bands and spitballs? One dead policeman might disagree with that.

Reports say that the policeman was shot from a height. Where are the pictures of protesters being at a height? All there seems to be is pictures of black clad men on top of a building being protected by the police.

Sent from my phone ...

• Like 1

In your opinion, when police is implicated in something thay has to be investigated, in a western country, who will make investigations?

Police, can investigate police wrongdoing and there are loads of examples, even ended up with police being found guilty and convicted.

When police investigate police, they usually call in Internal Affairs/Complaints/Misconduct divisions, or at least officers from a different locale. Do you see any mention of this, or even that they are investigating who killed a fellow officer?

When police investigate police, they usually call in Internal Affairs/Complaints/Misconduct divisions, or at least officers from a different locale. Do you see any mention of this, or even that they are investigating who killed a fellow officer?

Ok guys. Come on. We are in Thailand, not in us or uk.

don't expext any government, police force, judge court etc. To tell us ecery details about what they are doing.

It never happened and never it will.

It seems all of this is just a blame on police, government and external unidentified individuals. Nothing to blame on protesters and only trust and faith on them?

Ok I surrender. Maybe it's really a whole giant plot, who knows?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ok guys. Come on. We are in Thailand, not in us or uk.

don't expext any government, police force, judge court etc. To tell us ecery details about what they are doing.

It never happened and never it will.

It seems all of this is just a blame on police, government and external unidentified individuals. Nothing to blame on protesters and only trust and faith on them?

Ok I surrender. Maybe it's really a whole giant plot, who knows?

If you wish to be fair, it's a bit hard to blame someone on the ground when they are being shot at from a rooftop. And as the only persons observed on a rooftop were police, or possibly unknown person/s mingling with police, it seems only logical to start your investigation there.

Do you think it would be difficult, or even expensive, to hire someone, police or not, to shoot randomly into a crowd, with an almost guaranteed nil chance of arrest? Some years back, when my wife's previous partner became troublesome, the best quote to have him removed from the scene came from the BIB @ B,5000. Not necessarily dead, mind, possibly just incarcerated for 20 years.

I already understand your point of view. And told you why I not agree. I can be right or wrong as you can be as well, no matter how many times we will type our ideas.

In the whole sum of posts I did not give fault to any side simply because we don't have enough elements to tell clearly what happened. Blaming now doesn't make any sense.

I was wondering when they might get around to gathering evidence on the roof.

The article made no mention of them even venturing up there for the first step in their investigation.

I wasn't expecting any conclusions, just that hopefully during their inspection of the building that they might wander up there and look into the most pressing issue regarding the building.

They don't have to go up to the rooftop to investigate for the first step. Why? They already knew what's going on exactly.. why still waste time to check??

Oops.. Before other op start to bash me, i admitted this is my own assumption.

giggle.gifwink.png

wai.gif

Edited by Smokemachine