How many days extend tourist visa in Thailand

I have read different reports about the time one can extend a tourist visa.

Can anyone tell me what I would probably get as an extension, as a UK citizen in the Bangkok office.

Is it better to ask for an extension in one of the regional offices?

Thank you

If you do have a tourist visa that allowed a 60 day entry to Thailand, a 30 day extension is available at any immigration office.

If on the other hand you do not have a visa and were granted a 30 day visa exempt entry only a 7 day "extension" will be granted.

Apply a few days in advance of your permitted to stay date.

• Like 1

If you are a UK citizen you don't have a visa on arrival you arrived visa exempt for 30 days and like mention you could get up to 7 days unless for some medical or legal reason. But you could also do a border run and get another 30 days.

Edited by Nowhereman60
  • Like 1

Thanks..

You'd think they'd make it more easy to stay - considering how much cash we all spend.

I guess I'm off to Laos for a few days

You can cross any border and return within minutes and get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

If you plan on staying longer than an additional 30 days you could get a tourist visa at the embassy in Vientiane that would give you a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days. You can also get a 2 entry visa there that would give you a total of almost 6 months. But the earliest you can apply now is the 2nd.