Both as bad as each other?

notmyself

Both are bad, which one is intrinsically worse?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A very old friend of mine passed away 3 years ago. He told me long ago that the Democrat's should not be trusted and that the TRT should be. After years went by he took me to one side and said he was wrong. Don't know why he brought it up and never will but he also said that the Shin's have only dark[ness] in their hearts. A couple of years later and in the end only a few months before he died he brought it up again. To paraphrase fairly accurately... Johnno, everybody steals in Thailand but the Democrats at least leave you with enough rice for breakfast.

Edited by notmyself

It doesnt matter who is better or worse.....it really doesnt matter......so no vote from me.

Thailand is a country which many of us love and/or hate....we all see the country through different eyes...let the thais sort it out themselves....try, how difficult it might be, to give your thai inner circle your opinions on a balanced and motivated manner...maybe they can then be the start of a change for futureborn generations.......the country has 1 benefit over many .....its soil.....hopefully 1 day they will make good use of it for the benefit of all its populace....

• Like 2

It doesnt matter who is better or worse.....it really doesnt matter......

It does to many.

Not with the options we can choose from in ur poll. Anyway just my opinion. Which in the total scheme of things is totally irrelevant.

There was initially a third option but I deleted it upon preview. It read... Hey!, I ordered a cheeseburger.
  • Like 2

It does to many.

Not with the options we can choose from in ur poll. Anyway just my opinion. Which in the total scheme of things is totally irrelevant.

Like it doesnt really seem to matter if you vote republican or democrat in the US because you feel there is always a hidden force present pushing the buttons?

It does to many.

Like it doesnt really seem to matter if you vote republican or democrat in the US because you feel there is always a hidden force present pushing the buttons?

Ludlum comes in mind ! Haha

publican or democrat in the US because you feel there is always a hidden force present pushing the buttons?

Ludlum comes in mind ! Haha

Don't mix facts with fiction, now.laugh.png

Its all about our own perception.......what is a fact in thailand is most likely for many a fiction !

Is the glass half full or half empty?

The village where I live, 21 rural Thai houses, was staunch Taksin supporters and voted for Yingluck, they are now firmly behind Suthep. They even organized a bus to Bangkok to join the protests. My wife wanted to go because, in her mind, it just was another party.

I asked my wife why they changed and she said that since Taksin left nobody "lends" the village money any more. When Taskin was in the village got money for a community center, exercise equipment, a basketball court and a bus stop but much of the money was also "spread" around. Since Taksin left there hasn't been anymore. I asked her who she would vote for today and she said "whoever gives me the most money, it doesn't matter, they are all the same so I will vote for the one who gives the most"! Unfortunately that is the way of Thai politics even down to the elections for "village chiefs". Of which, the last election was last month and the incumbent paid 300 baht/vote and won, his rival only came across with 200/vote, guess who won.

Edited by wayned
  • Like 1

Is the glass half full or half empty?

The village where I live, 21 rural Thai houses, was staunch Taksin supporters and voted for Yingluck, they are now firmly behind Suthep. They even organized a bus to Bangkok to join the protests. My wife wanted to go because, in her mind, it just was another party.

I asked my wife why they changed and she said that since Taksin left nobody "lends" the village money any more. When Taskin was in the village got money for a community center, exercise equipment, a basketball court and a bus stop but much of the money was also "spread" around. Since Taksin left there hasn't been anymore. I asked her who she would vote for today and she said "whoever gives me the most money, it doesn't matter, they are all the same so I will vote for the one who gives the most"! Unfortunately that is the way of Thai politics even down to the elections for "village chiefs". Of which, the last election was last month and the incumbent paid 300 baht/vote and won, his rival only came across with 200/vote, guess who won.

Surprise us, who did win ?

• Like 1

Look at it this way.

There have been 3 reincarnations of the TRT party and of the previous 2 a total of 220 politicians have been banned for electoral fraud (corruption).

It looks likely that 312 of the present lot will also be banned also for their role in the illegal way they went about passing bills.

That is without those who have been prosecuted and found guilty of other charges or are presently on bail awaiting charges being heard.

Now tell me.

In the long life of the Democrat party how many have been banned, charged and found guilty or are at present on bail ?

You can if you like even include Abhisit and Suthep on the BS murder charges.

Once you have compiled those numbers and compared them then you will have your answer.

I'm not sure who is worse, but usually figure that the ones who are democratically elected are the ones who should be in power.

Hear hear. Outright vote buying is a concern though, but lets face it, it happens everywhere, its just not always as blatant as in Thailand. In Australia its called pork-barrelling. Old Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen was a master of the art. But I think even he could have learnt something from these Thais (and thats really saying something)!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I also did not bother to vote ,my Thai familly are not rich ,nor poor ,some like one party some the other ,as for us here in Pattaya the baht has weakened ,so every week i get more money in my bank ,thats what interests me ,is that wrong ,yes, do i care no.

• Like 1

They are both representations of a power struggle and a contempt for the law and constitution. If there were any standards in this country not a single one of them could be vetted as an acceptable candidate. But in this country the people have only a "what's in it for me today" attitude, and therefore governed by self serving fat cats that are only in it to fill their wallets and wallow in the excess.

Where there is no vision the people perish. (Proverbs)

An interesting 3rd-option might have been, a short/medium-term military government ?

I'd agree that the Dems are bad by my western-standards, especially with this latest refusal-to-participate in an election, and view PTP/Thaksin as a wannabee-dictatorship a' la Cambodia/Marcos/Suharto, which should absolutely be avoided if at all possible.

So a year or two of less-criminal less-corrupt military-rule, with an eventual return (after yet more constitutional-reform validated by a national-referendum ?) to elections as-in 2006/7 might be the least-bad of three distasteful alternatives ?

• Like 1

Kikoman, I cannot see how you or anyone else can call what's happening in Bangkok terrorism. No ones been threatened, the protesters are not threatening to burn Bangkok as the Red Shirts did in 2010. Sure Suthep is threatening to close Bangkok down, but that is a far cry from burning Bangkok. How anybody can with a straight face call Suthep a terrorist, when Nattawut, who urged the Red Shirts to burn Bangkok, is not only out on bail, but s minister in the government, I'd beyond me.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I'm not sure who is worse, but usually figure that the ones who are democratically elected are the ones who should be in power.

They are both representations of a power struggle and a contempt for the law and constitution. If there were any standards in this country not a single one of them could be vetted as an acceptable candidate. But in this country the people have only a "what's in it for me today" attitude, and therefore governed by self serving fat cats that are only in it to fill their wallets and wallow in the excess.

Where there is no vision the people perish. (Proverbs)

Kikoman, I cannot see how you or anyone else can call what's happening in Bangkok terrorism. No ones been threatened, the protesters are not threatening to burn Bangkok as the Red Shirts did in 2010. Sure Suthep is threatening to close Bangkok down, but that is a far cry from burning Bangkok. How anybody can with a straight face call Suthep a terrorist, when Nattawut, who urged the Red Shirts to burn Bangkok, is not only out on bail, but a minister in the government, is beyond me.

Kikoman, I cannot see how you or anyone else can call what's happening in Bangkok terrorism. No ones been threatened, the protesters are not threatening to burn Bangkok as the Red Shirts did in 2010. Sure Suthep is threatening to close Bangkok down, but that is a far cry from burning Bangkok. How anybody can with a straight face call Suthep a terrorist, when Nattawut, who urged the Red Shirts to burn Bangkok, is not only out on bail, but s minister in the government, I'd beyond me.

How can you see if you never open your eyes?

What do you call holding the city of Bangkok hostage for the past month?

As the protester's long lost their right to be considered a peaceful revolution, by responding to police tear gas and rubber bullets with gunfire after a month of the police and the military (soft glove reaction) allowing them to do whatever they pleased in the city.

The protesters have publicly stated they intend to force their refusal of having an open election on Thailand which should determine who will control the country, hopefully as an end to the present crisis, As stated that on election day.when they threaten to stop other Thai's from their civil right to cast their vote, These people will not allow them to do that, they will force the greatest violence response, that would tear Thailand.apart and could spark a civil war.

The violence which happened in 2010 because the same Suthep you idolize authorized the military to crack down on the protesters when he wore the hat of crushing public demonstrations, now 3 1/2 years later he is leading one.

You clearly express a minority view" of the Thai's that are the only eligible voters in the Issan, as no province in the Issan favored the protester's rejection of holding an open election on February 2, 2014. Only (8) provinces in the deep south backed the Bangkok protester's demands, Suthep is nothing more than a wannabe dictator, in his naked grasp for political power!

Cheers