My Wife And Our Future!

As a Newbie and wanting no problems when i return to Thailand to legalize my Marriage to my wife under Thai and English law, i was hoping that the wise on the forum would clarify a few things!

Firstly, if my wife does not have a copy of the "Tabien Baan" paper; where can we obtain a copy, and how much and how long would it take to obtain it.

Secondly, my wife has a daughter but no paperwork to prove that she is her mother as she did not have an ID card when her daughter was born. Does anyone know what we need to do to obtain the paperwork that will prove/show she is her mother as i wish for them both to come to England with me in the near future.

The daughter is not yet 16, so the Embassy would not split them up if we can prove they are mother and daughter. :o

Thirdly, my wife has been able to get a copy of the "House Registration" document that is also required for us to make our marriage legal. How have the rest of you been able to get around this problem. The Thai Lawyer i had was most unhelpful.

The last question is:- Does anyone know of a good English teacher in Sattahip or Pattaya who can help my wife with her English, she is teaching herself and has done an excellent job, but a teacher will help her gain her confidence! :D

Hello Confused,

My Thai wife's sister had a similar problem to yours a couple of years ago.

She has a teenaged son and daughter who had no documents stating that they were Thai. Apparantly she either forgot or didn't bother to get them when they were babies.

What she did do though, was take a DNA test with the kids at the hospital. I am not one hundred percent sure of the procedure that she went through afterwards, but I reckon that she showed the DNA test to the amphur office and eventually they were given their Thai citizenships.

I think that the Thai government is now giving DNA tests to people from hilltribes who are claiming Thai nationality as well. I'm not sure if this will help you, but best of luck anyway.

Robert

My wife lives in T.Samaesan, which is near to Sattahip! And is a fishing village!

She needs to talk to the Village Headman. He is called Poo Yai Baan in Thai. He can advise her.

As where she lives is so close to Sattahip/Pattaya will they still have a Poo Yai Baan!

What would be the procedure if she lived in a City?

My wife lives in T.Samaesan, which is near to Sattahip! And is a fishing village!

She needs to talk to the Village Headman. He is called Poo Yai Baan in Thai. He can advise her.

As where she lives is so close to Sattahip/Pattaya will they still have a Poo Yai Baan!

What would be the procedure if she lived in a City?

off to the Government offices....but the poo yai baan has local knowledge.

I wonder in how many other countries in the world you can define your nationality by your DNA. I reckon very few ... :o

Well, you can certainly define your US citizenship by your DNA. As my children are eligible to be US citizens, regardless of the location of their birth (or citizenhip of mother), then if their DNA proves they are my children, it also proves their citizenship.

TH

I wonder in how many other countries in the world you can define your nationality by your DNA. I reckon very few ... :o

Well, you can certainly define your US citizenship by your DNA. As my children are eligible to be US citizens, regardless of the location of their birth (or citizenhip of mother), then if their DNA proves they are my children, it also proves their citizenship.

TH

If the science is readily available, one should use it. :D

As T.Samaesan has a "poo yai baan" i hope he will be able to sort out the paperwork hiccups for us.

Otherwise it's D.N.A. test time for my wife and daughter, as long as the Amphur office will accept it.

It's a shame that governmental bodies forget we are human beings, with rights, and not just numbers!! :o

As T.Samaesan has a "poo yai baan" i hope he will be able to sort out the paperwork hiccups for us.

Otherwise it's D.N.A. test time for my wife and daughter, as long as the Amphur office will accept it.

It's a shame that governmental bodies forget we are human beings, with rights, and not just numbers!! :o

But remember those people have obligations ... such as birth registration etc.