British Airways Good or Bad and Small problem

pinball

Hi,

As above does anybody have any experience on British Airway please share.

Also some input needed on a small problem . About forty years ago I had a kid in the UK I was ordered to pay child maintenance which I never paid as I left the UK to live here.

I will be going to the UK for a few days in FEB do you think this will be a problem when I return to the UK is it going to come back to haunt me......

Cheers

But seriously, I flew BA very recently (LHR - BKK), every single seat on the plane was booked, totally booked and in order to avoid getting the unwanted middle seats, you need to check in online. I turned up at the airport 4 hours early and they were only seats left on the plane, no aisle, no window. You need to check-in online with a printer from home. I think you can do it 72 hours before the flight.

The other thing was, and I don't really care, is that there seemed to be a low flight attendant : passenger ratio. So don't expect to see much of them and when you do, don't expect them to hang around. If you don't shout for your tea or coffee quick, if it comes round at all, it will be gone and it won't be back. There was one scouse male attendant who kept telling the passengers "to give the female flight attendants a slap" which I thought was very inappropriate. I wouldn't do that if I were you. I liked not having to change flights. That was convenient.

But seriously, I flew BA very recently (LHR - BKK), every single seat on the plane was booked, totally booked and in order to avoid getting the unwanted middle seats, you need to check in online. I turned up at the airport 4 hours early and they were only seats left on the plane, no aisle, no window. You need to check-in online with a printer from home. I think you can do it 72 hours before the flight.

The other thing was, and I don't really care, is that there seemed to be a low flight attendant : passenger ratio. So don't expect to see much of them and when you do, don't expect them to hang around. If you don't shout for your tea or coffee quick, if it comes round at all, it will be gone and it won't be back. There was one scouse male attendant who kept telling the passengers "to give the female flight attendants a slap" which I thought was very inappropriate. I wouldn't do that if I were you. I liked not having to change flights. That was convenient.

You don't HAVE to check in online.

I did the same flight last week. I turned up at the airport with my booking reference and passport, and checked in at the regular desk.

Seats do go fast, though, so if you want those get there early or do it online.

Like the guy above said, the main benefit is the time you save by flying direct. Although 12 hours non-stop is a bit painful.

You don't HAVE to check in online.

I did the same flight last week. I turned up at the airport with my booking reference and passport, and checked in at the regular desk.

Seats do go fast, though, so if you want those get there early or do it online.

Like the guy above said, the main benefit is the time you save by flying direct. Although 12 hours non-stop is a bit painful.

BA are perfectly safe but the standard of cabin service has dropped dramatically.

You can check-in online but only get a seat selection 24 hours before the flight and they seem to be amazingly occupied??

And yes, I am finding that a stop in the ME sort of breaks the trip up in preference to a long non-stop

Edited by Bpuumike

I wish it would come back and haunt you but unlikely!! I hope your child managed to grow-up without too much hardship inspite of your selfishness & neglect!

If there was any Justice in the world he should be presented with a whopping 40 year old bill,for the Mothers Retirement Fund! but also "unlikely" and let us hope you have the S*** in flight service you deserve!

• Like 1

The other thing was, and I don't really care, is that there seemed to be a low flight attendant : passenger ratio. So don't expect to see much of them and when you do, don't expect them to hang around.

Nothing's changed then. I flew to San Francisco in 1981. We left Heathrow at 11am. By 1pm they'd fed and watered us and were all down the back of the plane getting their heads down.

MAJIC, on 29 Dec 2013 - 19:39, said:

If there was any Justice in the world he should be presented with a whopping 40 year old bill,for the Mothers Retirement Fund!

It wouldn't be too whopping as probably amounted to £30 forty-years ago, with interest, £110.

I'm more concerned by the OP's lackadaisical, couldn't care less attitude.

MAJIC, on 29 Dec 2013 - 19:39, said:

If there was any Justice in the world he should be presented with a whopping 40 year old bill,for the Mothers Retirement Fund!

It wouldn't be too whopping as probably amounted to £30 forty-years ago, with interest, £110.

I'm more concerned by the OP's lackadaisical, couldn't care less attitude.

Okay! let's be lenient on the Guy. And take your low figure of "with interest of "£110" and lets x that by "£110" a week,(which weekly,is normal practice) ,taken out at source by the CSA (before you get your salary)

So let's x that by 52 weeks, and then times 20 years,which = "£114,400! which now comes to a sizeable amount,and don't forget the CSA,will most certainly,not be as generous as my calculations!

The CSA have the reputation of Rotweillers, with no mercy on the Guy,who is left with nothing much to live on. And have been accused of driving,close on 100 men to suicide,and several years ago resulted in the CEO having to resign!

Look it up,shouldn't be that difficult.

Yes I agree with the Lackadaisical behaviour of the OP. which is typical, and Par for the course,for those that duck out of their responsibilities.

• Like 1

I been on hundreds of flights, and only first class. I've heard of this thing called "coach," but I think of either horses or a brand of purses. I do see many people go to the back of the plane, but I guess they are there to prepare my food. I cannot look at such breed. Private jets are nice, but all of my pilots left for NASA.

I been on hundreds of flights, and only first class. I've heard of this thing called "coach," but I think of either horses or a brand of purses. I do see many people go to the back of the plane, but I guess they are there to prepare my food. I cannot look at such breed. Private jets are nice, but all of my pilots left for NASA.

You eat too much my friend...

Thanks to the Hang em high brigade of TV, However as you do not know the circumstances you should not comment , If you think I would post all the personal details on this site for you to read you are very much mistaken.

Pleas Note: I did not get an answer to my question. which was very simply would I encounter any problems returning to the UK after such a long period of time.

original post

Also some input needed on a small problem . About forty years ago I had a kid in the UK I was ordered to pay child maintenance which I never paid as I left the UK to live here.

I will be going to the UK for a few days in FEB do you think this will be a problem when I return to the UK is it going to come back to haunt me......

Hi, re the Child Support, as other contributors have said "not likly to have an issue". I think this is pre Child Support Agency days, if you have a problem it will have to come from the mother - how did you piss her off?

I offer humble advice for the flight. 1. don't drink booze. 2. use ear plugs(rear of 747 is *>&* is bad) or if you wont music use noise canceling head phones. There is one advantage of the middle seats you don't have to get-up and let people pass(maybe).

Thanks to the Hang em high brigade of TV, However as you do not know the circumstances you should not comment , If you think I would post all the personal details on this site for you to read you are very much mistaken.

Pleas Note: I did not get an answer to my question. which was very simply would I encounter any problems returning to the UK after such a long period of time.

original post

Whilst I appreciate you not wanting to post too many personal details on a public forum, but with the, understandably, scant details you have posted, members cannot give a definitive answer to your question. Maybe you might want to ask on a more appropriate section of the forum.

Regarding your travel related question, I stopped flying BA some time ago after I felt I was an inconvenience to the flight crew, but I would use them if the price was really good.

• Like 1

I flew with them in August and have just booked again for Feb. good price for business which is under £2K and straight through on a 777. Used to use Emirates and Sri Lankan but the stop over is always a pain. Crew were fine the only problem is they run out of booze quite quickly and the lounge in BKK is crap but will continue to use them.

Flown with BA twice, didn't like the service, leg room not great. Thai air twice, service good, leg room ok but no screens on seats. Flown EVA ever since, personally my favourite and usually nine times out of ten cheaper than the other two.

original post

Let's stay on topic to the OP.

NO, you won't have any problem.