Obtaining Thai passport with no house registration document?

Is it possible for me to get a Thai passport for my child without a house registration document. I am a foreign mother and my daughter's father o this Thai (we are not married). My daughter has a Thai birth certificate and only ever lived in Thailand. I am not sure of what documents I need to take to get her Thai passport. Her father can come to the passport office (his name is on her birth certificate) and he can bring his I.D. card. But my daughter has never been registered on his family house registration. My daughter does have her name on the house that I rent. But I only have a copy and can not get the book from the landlady. Would this be OK? Or do I need something else. Like a letter from the immigration confirming my address...

Thanks

Registration on a house book is mandatory to get a passport.

Registration of a birth also requires a house book which means your child is on somebody's house book. If your child is on your landlady's house book a signed and dated copy might be acceptable.

Thanks for the reply. For my daughter's birth registration her father only had to show his Thai identity card not a house registration, they wanted either one but did not require both. I was hoping that this would be the case for a passport too, but it seems they need all documents. Maybe the copy of house registration from my landlady along with my rental contract will be acceptable.

The copy would have to signed by your landlady it will not be accepted unless signed.

No, anyone can sign a copy of the house registration.

Anyone? Can you elaborate? I'm not being facetious but I'm fairly sure for it to mean anything that you, or I, or anyone not connected to the child couldn't sign it.

I am not sure about the requirements for a passport because I haven't gone through the process for my son yet. Unfortunately, I cannot help you there. However, I am interested to see what responses you get and what was required when you have completed the process. I need to do it myself very soon. For the record, my son already has his U.S. Passport, but he still needs to obtain his Thai Passport. We also have some issues with the House Registration Book (Tabian Baan), as we don't have it ourselves. Our son is registered to my wife's cousin's Tabian Baan which has been difficult to obtain due to time constraints and scheduling conflicts.

Other than writing out of interest in reading the remainder of the replies and seeing how things turn out for you, I think it is critical that you determine where your child is registered. Registration in a Tabian Baan is required. Our son was initially registered to the hospital where he was born, Chulalongkorn Hospital in Bangkok. We had a specified period of time to get him switched to a more permanent Tabian Baan. Failure to do so would have resulted in a fine of some sort. I am not sure how much the fine is or what the penalties are if you don't have it taken care of appropriately, but I do remember my wife being adamant that it gets done as quickly as possible.

For the convenience and a ton of other reasons, we chose a family member who lives in Bangkok to register our son. This person is not a close family member by any stretch of the imagination. However, it was explained to me that there are implications regarding everything from healthcare to education that are associated with the district (khet / amphur) where the Tabian Baan is located that my son is registered to. I remember the entire thing being a confusing mess. I was a new father and my wife was just out of the hospital. It was our first child, and paperwork was the last thing we wanted to do.

In retrospect, I am very glad that we took care of the issue as suggested by my wife's family. That being said, you need to make sure your child is in fact registered to the Tabian Baan of your landlady. I don't know why she wouldn't give you the original to take for the purposes of applying for a passport. Does she have some reason that she wouldn't trust you? Our landlady offered to allow us to register our son on her Tabian Baan after we had already registered him with some distant family member we barely know. When time permits, we will change it for some of the health and education reasons alluded to above. Would she be willing to accompany you and your husband to make the application? Is it possible that your child was never added to this particular house registration book and that bit of paperwork still needs to be done?

The copy would have to signed by your landlady it will not be accepted unless signed.

No, anyone can sign a copy of the house registration.

Anyone? Can you elaborate? I'm not being facetious but I'm fairly sure for it to mean anything that you, or I, or anyone not connected to the child couldn't sign it.

I think what he meant is that a person listed in the house book could sign the copy when using submitting it. Which is correct.

I the case of a child a parent could sign for them I would assume.

as above;

to obtain a Thai passport both parents must be there and or a signed note from the one parent not there.

OR a court order showing you have sole custody ( i suggest this for the future) Not hard to get but you need go to Family court.

I also have a thai/US daughter an her mom took off when she was young, Had to pay to have her show up so my daughter could ger her THai passport,