how can i get driving licence in Bangkok

thatfeeling

Hello everyone , Im new here , I'd like to know how can i apply Thai driving licence in Bangkok .i have non immigrant ED visa and i got admitted to the university. i dont have international driving license facepalm.gifi will be 20 next year ,this is my first time visit in thailand ,my arrival date was 10-DEC-2013 so there is no any extension seal on my passport page .i want to buy my car within january sad.png but now it seems really complicated to me anyways whats the procedure of applying thai driving license ? how can i get Certificate of Residence ?

and do i need a driving license if i buy a new car from Honda Showroom ? any advice will be greatly appreciated .

You don't need a driving license to buy a new car from the showroom car but you will need a certificate of residence so they can register it for you.

The certificate of residence is a simple letter to get from Immigration, you need to prove your address and visa status to them so make photocopies of rental contracts and passport information, pay them 500 Baht and they will provide this, it takes about 5 minutes at Hua Hin Immigration. Do some digging around here and you will find all the information you need , I've used these certificate of residence's several times in the last year here in Hua Hin.

You might want to get more than one as they can also be used to open a bank account unless you've already opened one.

Do you have a car licence from your home country?

Pretty well any non-immigrant visa should do, a visit to the Land Transport office at Mor Chit is the way to go.

Let's move this to motoring where those that knows live smile.png

Hi Have a look at the 'sticky' above ... 'Applying for 1Year and 5Year Driving License'. Read the more up to date posts. As you will see it varies from Office to Office. Just visit the local one and see what they actually want.

Get some good car insurance and preferably also a car cam... enjoy