What Thai food, herb, spice do you take for health purposes?

Nepal4me

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I eat turmeric too, ginger I drink in tea in winter but it heats my body too much in summer. I also eat more "less sugar and no msg". wink.png

I eat ginger every day and don't find it heats my body. It does make my stool very soft, which is a pain in the butt actually :) (pun intended)

Turmeric is great - very underrated. But some people taking blood pressure tablets like beta blockers need to take a bit of care. I found it does affect the efficacy. Otherwise, a garlic tablet, fish oil tablet, vitamin C tablets, low dose aspirin and half a pint of kefir yogurt every day for me. and a couple of beers.

• Like 1

A lady (50's) who was taken in by my sister-in-law was not well at all and bent almost double. I honestly thought she was not long for this world and I felt so sorry for her that I promised to pay to try and get her treated on my next trip back from work. On my return a few months later, I remembered my promise and began to wonder how much this is going to cost me then I saw her. What a transformation! She was full of health and her posture was much better. The SIL puts this down to some kind of Pomegranete Juice she has been giving her.

Who knows? The transformation was fantastic. On the other hand Iam trying to discourage the Wife's use of MSG ... without much luck I might add.

• Like 2

A lady (50's) who was taken in by my sister-in-law was not well at all and bent almost double. I honestly thought she was not long for this world and I felt so sorry for her that I promised to pay to try and get her treated on my next trip back from work. On my return a few months later, I remembered my promise and began to wonder how much this is going to cost me then I saw her. What a transformation! She was full of health and her posture was much better. The SIL puts this down to some kind of Pomegranete Juice she has been giving her.

Who knows? The transformation was fantastic. On the other hand Iam trying to discourage the Wife's use of MSG ... without much luck I might add.

If the old lady cannot return your kindness, you will not notice, you will be blessed for the good deeds.

You are more than any Thai food, herb etc., to other people. May God blesses you more mate!

• Like 2

Sator or Petai (malay) contains zillions of potassium. I ate it upon the recommendation of the University of Kuala Lumpur to treat my cardiac arrhythmia. It worked perfectly. No betablockers necessary.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7a/Parkia_speciosa.JPG

Agreed - but the resulting body smell is far more bad than garlic...bah.gif

I would recommend Jiaogulan aka the Immortality tea. coffee1.gif It's actually not tea but 5 leaf ginseng.

Could recommend several other herbs but all depends on the ailments ....

• Like 1

I eat raw ginger, Turmeric and garlic every day. I would suggest exactly the same.

Where do you get your Turmeric? I buy mine at Tops but it's the white Turmeric not the yellow. I haven't been able to find via google, if yellow is better than white or not.

To the previous poster. I eat my Turmeric in tea in the morning, together with ginger and also often eat it sliced with dinner, depending on what my wife is cooking.

I dice up turmeric and ginger and then crush it and then put it in the microwave for a few minutes. Add a bit of cane sugar to make it more palatable.

I eat raw ginger, Turmeric and garlic every day. I would suggest exactly the same.

Where do you get your Turmeric? I buy mine at Tops but it's the white Turmeric not the yellow. I haven't been able to find via google, if yellow is better than white or not.

To the previous poster. I eat my Turmeric in tea in the morning, together with ginger and also often eat it sliced with dinner, depending on what my wife is cooking.

I dice up turmeric and ginger and then crush it and then put it in the microwave for a few minutes. Add a bit of cane sugar to make it more palatable.

You can buy a bag of Turmeric (yellow) at Big C for about 20 baht or less. Thai's call in ka-min. You can also get it at any Chinese pharmacy.

You can buy a bag of Turmeric (yellow) at Big C for about 20 baht or less. Thai's call in ka-min. You can also get it at any Chinese pharmacy.

I have seen these bags of yellow turmeric, can also get small bottles at Tops. How much of this powder should you use?

I eat about 10 grams (about the size of my thumb) in my tea and about the same amount if I eat it with dinner.

I have read that the amount of curcumin in turmeic is from 3 to 10% depending on the source. How much turmeric powder do you use and how do you eat it?

Sator or Petai (malay) contains zillions of potassium. I ate it upon the recommendation of the University of Kuala Lumpur to treat my cardiac arrhythmia. It worked perfectly. No betablockers necessary.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7a/Parkia_speciosa.JPG

I am interested in finding out more about Sator or Petai (also have a minor problem with irregular heart beat).

Is Sator the Thai name??

The JPG picture does not give an indication of the size of the bean pod. I often see large beans pods up to about 2 feet long strung up on fruit seller carts in Bangkok, usually selling limes, Always wondered who would buy these unattractive, dried-out looking beans. Is this sator?

Thanks

I buy 1 kg turmeric powder at Makro and use it in most of the dishes I eat home, or you can just take a teaspoon and drink it with some water. Yes it's proably the most poweful spice out there.

Ginger tea , and fresh garlic . ALso you can buy some herbal capsules made in Thailand , not sure about the effects of them but Thais really believe in it.

I eat turmeric too, ginger I drink in tea in winter but it heats my body too much in summer. I also eat more "less sugar and no msg". wink.png

I eat ginger every day and don't find it heats my body. It does make my stool very soft, which is a pain in the butt actually smile.png (pun intended)

What do the legs give way?

Daily

turmeric in a pill

Garcinia Cambogia, before all meals

chilies (metabolism)

Green tea

Often:

raw and cooked garlic

cooked ginger

Once or twice a week:

Bitter melon

I do other stuff but the OP says THAI, right? My fish oil capsules, etc. aren't specifically THAI.

Edited by Jingthing

Multivitamin, and fish oil capsules.

Lots of spinach and avocado for natural vitamin & minerals.

Probably the best thing I take is to avoid caffeine and alcohol, and keep salt low. The long term effect of all three is not good.

81mg aspirin each morn, 1 multiple vitamine, After a fatty meal cup of hot green tea.

I walk 5 miles each day, watch the sugar and love my fruits and veggies. Take no

meds. Life is great. Oh, I love my black coffee ....

I have read that if you are taking the 81 mg asprin as a blood thinner for stroke/heart attack protection it is best to take it in the evening before bed. I pretty much follow your routine too except I also take a fish oil capsule and a 600 mg calcium tablet, lots of fruit & veggies and two hours of speed walking per day, 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening. If their is any "magic bullet" for good health it's definetly exercise!