Thai minister lashes out at Democrats, election opponents

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This minister, accused the Democrats of lying ??? and he is in the PM office what a joke, Glasshouses come to mind and said " they should stop breaking the law for the sake of the country" Who the heck is he to say that when directly from his office the sake of the country has rarely been given a thought.

Even when people act (wrongly) better these ministers shut up. Every one of them that makes statements does not believe they are doing wrong in their capacity---never.

As has been mentioned a thousand times (or more), this could have all been avoided if they hadn't lied and tried to ram that amnesty bill through. Easy.

It should have been all over when the Senate blocked the passing of the Amnesty Bill, and the dems sponsored rally supporters should have all gone home.

Easy.

Instead it was whipped up into a amnesty blocking/preah vihear whinging/anti corruption/anti democracy/anti thaksin/UDD/yingluck/PTP hatefest by suthep and his well heeled backers.

You're certainly right up to a point but if they had gone home could the government be trusted?

They seem to me to have lied continually when they said it's not about Thaksin. They were prepared to give an amnesty to Abhisit and Suthep in order to get the amnesty through which is where they went wrong because it upset a lot of their supporters which isn't the first time he's had to back off because of his focusing on himself before others.

They promised justice for those killed in 2010 but unfortunately the culprits based on the evidence so far are the army for not following their ROE but rather than risk upsetting them they seem to have decided that Abhisit and Suthep were an easier target and could be bought off with an amnesty before a court case that would probably clear them.

I'm not suggesting that others including the Dems don't lie but I can see why in this case there was a reluctance to let them off the hook. I'm not convinced that Suthep's plans would be any better and in my view he's good at rallying people behind him but needs someone with more integrity to come up with reasonable plans. He's definitely started something that's difficult to control and I get the feeling that a lot of the violence isn't down to him although it's entirely possible that he was hoping someone else would start it but I can't say for sure. I would think it's likely that the remnants of the yellow shirts may be in there somewhere.

A lot of posters seem to use 'yellow shirts' to cover the anti government protesters but I can't see that myself. They have previously demonstrated against what they saw as governments that were proxies of Thaksin but they haven't against this one even though it seems to be just that with little attempt to cover it up. They seemed to be a spent force but I've no doubt they saw the anti government protests as a good opportunity to tag along with something that looks as if might have so chance of creating change. Unfortunately however peaceful most are there are always some who will use it as cover for violence.

The same can be said for the red shirts in 2010. I live amongst them and know some including my bil and I can't see any of them being violent. I think the difference in 2010 was that violence was openly promoted by the leaders and speakers.

I think Yingluck needs to go as she's too closely connected to Thaksin and putting her as someone with no interest or experience of politics as party leader and then PM was only ever going to suggest that Thaksin was in control.

What's needed at this point in my view is more moderate people on both sides to sit down and try to reform the system so that it delivers a parliament that is democratically elected and run by those in parliament not those outside. I would think getting rid of the party list system would help as well so that all MPs including the PM are elected by the country. This shouldn't be too much of a problem as the PTP wanted to do the same with the senate to make it democratic.

The problem of course is there are so many in parliament on both sides and some outside who wouldn't see this as being in their best interests.

For the sake of Thailand let's hope.

• Like 1