FA Cup 2014, Help!

PostmanPat

On another thread, it is rumoured that this seasons FA Cup is to be shown on Thai "Channel 8". The Truevisions channel lineup shows "Channel" 8 as available at position 80. However, if you surf through my Platinum package, it goes from 79 to 81, and there is no 80!!

Has anyone else investigated FA Cup availability please? I am rather anxious as (very rarely!) my team, Forest, playing West Ham, is one of this weekends live games.

If anyone can shed any light, appreciated, if not guess will have to start knocking on Truevisions door, a place where generally getting an answer is like banging your head on the proverbial same door!!

As far as I can see, the FA Cup matches being shown in Thailand next week are scheduled as follows

Saturday 4th
Macclesfield v Sheff W 22.00 Live Bugaboo and 02.30 Delayed Sunday 5th Channel 7

Sunday 5th
Arsenal v Spurs Live 00.15 Bugaboo and Channel 7

Notts Forest v West Ham 19.00 Live Bugaboo and 01.30 Delayed Monday 6th Channel 7
Derby v Chelsea 21.10 Live Bugaboo and Channel 7
Man U v Swansea 23.25 Live Bugaboo and Channel 7

Channel 8 is also available on CTH but I can't find a list of their channels, so unable to say what channel number. Their online schedule does not show any Cup matches for Sat or Sun.

Edited by delboy

As far as I can see, the FA Cup matches being shown in Thailand next week are scheduled as follows

Saturday 4th

Macclesfield v Sheff W 22.00 Live Bugaboo and 02.30 Delayed Sunday 5th Channel 7

Sunday 5th

Arsenal v Spurs Live 00.15 Bugaboo and Channel 7

Notts Forest v West Ham 19.00 Live Bugaboo and 01.30 Delayed Monday 6th Channel 7

Derby v Chelsea 21.10 Live Bugaboo and Channel 7

Man U v Swansea 23.25 Live Bugaboo and Channel 7

Channel 8 is also available on CTH but I can't find a list of their channels, so unable to say what channel number. Their online schedule does not show any Cup matches for Sat or Sun.

For the sake of completeness - I think that Channel 8 is a red herring.

Their website shows them as an entertainment channel. They make no mention of football or any sports. I translated (Google Translate - my Thai aint that great!) their News page and there was no mention of football.

http://www.thaich8.com/site/about.php

(OK - that is a Filipino website, but the webpages are in Thai, so I guess it is covering the version shown in Thailand)

Their website says that they are shown on True Visions channel 65 and True Visions HD on channel 80. Channel 65 is KBS on my True Gold package and Channel 80 is not found as mentioned by another poster.

Their website does not mention CTH as one of their carriers - mostly satellite provders like Infosat and Thaisat. But Channel 8 is available on my CTH satellite - programme No 008.

Putting it all together, I don't think anyone will be doing any football watching any time soon on Channel 8

.... unless of course someone knows different smile.png

Surely, someone must be showing the FA Cup, and surely, in a way that "customers" can tune in to it......thats the logical thought.....but hey, we ve seen this nonsense before havent we with Euro Championships and even the World Cup!

Surely, someone hasnt bought the rights, presumably at substantial cost, and then doesnt make it available generally to a large audience.....again thats the logical thought, but then again, this is Thailand!

All very weird to me, but then again I m a logical thinker!

Watched Blackburn v Man City on CTH Ch8 and now watching Rochdale v Leeds. Both with English commentary.

A poster in the other FA Cup thread indicated that English was possible, so I played around with the remote and it suddenly changed from Thai. So it is possible, but no idea which buttons I pressed, so will not be able to give directions!!

FA CUP FOURTH ROUND DRAW:

Sunderland v Kidderminster/Peterborough

Bolton v Cardiff

Southampton v Yeovil

Huddersfield v Charlton/Oxford

Port Vale/Plymouth v Brighton

Nottingham Forest v Ipswich/Preston

Southend v Hull

Rochdale v Macclesfield/Sheffield Wednesday

Arsenal v Coventry

Stevenage v Everton

Wigan/MK Dons v Crystal Palace

Chelsea v Stoke

Blackburn/Man City v Bristol City/Watford

Bournemouth/Burton v Liverpool

Birmingham/Bristol Rovers/Crawley v Swansea

Sheff Utd v Norwich/Fulham

Ties to be played the weekend of 25 and 26 January

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

The schedules for FA Cup games on Thai Channels 7 and 8 this weekend are as follows:

Saturday
02:45 Arsenal v Coventry (live) - ch.7
19:45 Bournemouth v Liverpool (live) - ch.8

Sunday
00:30 Stevenage v Everton (live) - ch.7
01:00 Bolton v Cardiff (delayed) - ch.8
03:00 Sunderland v Kidderminster (delayed)-ch.8
--------
20:00 Sheffield Utd v Fulham (live) - ch.8
22:30 Chelsea v Stoke (live) - ch.7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, so Sunday is the big quarter final: Sheffield United v Charlton. Not live on Astro or Channel 7 but seems to be on Bugaboo.tv. I haven't tried this stream before. Any good? Any other live TV possibilities?

OK, so Sunday is the big quarter final: Sheffield United v Charlton. Not live on Astro or Channel 7 but seems to be on Bugaboo.tv. I haven't tried this stream before. Any good? Any other live TV possibilities?

Not seen any listings yet but if not advertised on Channel 7, then Channel 8 and Media channel are possibly showing it. If you have CTH then Media ch is 75 I think. You could PM "Bangkok Blue" as he has got all the info correct in the past.

Never tried Bugaboo, but wiziwig.tv has loads of streams, many of which do not need a download. "Nutjob" normally works for me on flash player. Bear in mind you have to wait until less than an hour before kick off to get the stream.

Chok dee krapsmile.png

I can tell you that the live TV games appear to be:

Saturday: Live

Arsenal vs Everton

Sunday 9 March 2014

Live

Sheffield United vs Charlton Athletic

Live

Hull City vs Sunderland

Live

Manchester City vs Wigan Athletic

Excuse the formatting, I can't be arsed and I'm sure you get the point.

Screw the formatting mate....according to the links, none of them are being shown over here, unless we add them ourselves. Looks like a do it yourself sitebiggrin.png

TV Coverage / Live Streaming
No channels found. Is this game on TV in Thailand?
ADD CHANNEL

EG....above...and that was for the Arse game!

Edited by wilai

I can confirm that all the FA Cup games will be shown live on either Thai channel 7 or 8.

Arsenal v Everton (Channel 7)

Sheffield United v Charlton (Channel 8)

Hull v Sunderland (Channel 8)

Man City v Wigan (Channel 7)

I think you are wromg about the Arsenal game?

7,45PM on a Saturday night, footall instead of the soaps, no chance!