Are we maids destined to be treated unfairly?

justicia

You are lucky you were not beaten.

Or raped.

There is not much protection offered to domestic workers anywhere.

No one cares.

This is the way it has always been.

This is the way it always shall be.

Welcome to the world created not by god but by humanity.

agreed, you are so smart, I bet you read the news every day.... I cant read the news its tooo hard for me.

employers are so evil, every time I go to buy a coffee I see them beating there workers .... with whips and chains!!!

they even hit me if I dont tip them enough.

I was in the super market the other day and I was raped twice by the owner

I know!!! lets triple the taxes.

lets paint them pink so we know who are the ones providing goods and services to us!!

workers are not forced to work for an employee they are free to fuc_k off back to the shit hole they came from!

Fun is fun,

However, I have hired domestic workers from Vietnam, Manilla, Indonesia, all living with our family group. They were all hard workers, and we treated them fairly, I hope they would agree.

I have had these girls working for us since 1990. Most stay about 3 years and then they must return to their home country.

They sometimes would tell me about the circumstances of their friends or acquaintances, and there were many heart wrenching stories.

This same thing has been happening since the days of Dickens, nothing new.

They told me of rapes and beatings, not many accounts but a few.

Their lives are very tough even in the best of working circumstances, because as foreigners they can be dehumanized to some degree, and then exploited.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you from your English is very good? If you have worked for someone and can prove it, the department of labour will take your case, they are not really interested if you have a WP or not.....if you are owed money they will get it for you

the OP is quite obviously a Filipina.

How does that diminish her in any way?

Was it supposed to?

Only in a Typhoon.

We all feel diminished in a typhoon.

Actually, as you know, the people who hire these Filipina workers do not see them as being on their level.

They are often not treated as people with feelings, and are diminished by this experience.

• Like 1

Or raped.

No one cares.

Or beaten and raped while forced to wear a proper maids uniform.

(sorry, I couldn't help it)

or god forbid graped!thats the same as rape but there was a bunch of them

It's a nice writing idea to tell the maid's story through your own eyes. You as a native English speaker can do it much better than she can. At least I presume that's what you are doing. Either that or you're a not very clever troll. But anyway, a discussion on the treatment of maids can't hurt - if anyone is interested.

I get a strong feeling that this lady is a Filipina.

Or raped.

No one cares.

Or beaten and raped while forced to wear a proper maids uniform.

(sorry, I couldn't help it)

or god forbid graped!thats the same as rape but there was a bunch of them

If you mean "groped", yes this happens far to frequently.

Ask any domestic worker and you will find that most have been groped.

This brings them shame and brings them to tears.

Sometimes the LaoBan will force the girls to submit to being felt up, while lying in bed.

Yes, that is right.

For the old guys, these girls will share the same room.

And will often be subjected to pawing from their dog bosses.

This is true, and I have seen it first hand in a small village in Taiwan.

These workers are often treated like they have no rights, and are not fully people to be respected like any other local person,

They are just foreigners, and not even white foreigners.

Sorry,

But I do take this subject very seriously,
Because I have gotten to know many of the girls who work for these old fat fcks,

The ones that abuse these girls, just because they are working to support their family back home,

And do not have a voice in their new country.

And yet these same girls will care for and protect as their own,

The bosses young children.

If you have your own company you can hire a non Thai person as long as they're paid the requisite salary and you have the appropriate amount of Thai staff to support the work permit.

A friend hired a girl from the Philippines as a home help as he wanted his son to practice English at home also.

Make a formal complaint to labor department or leave it. No point continuing this topic otherwise if you're not going to listen to or are unwilling to follow the only constructive advice given.

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

It's a nice writing idea to tell the maid's story through your own eyes. You as a native English speaker can do it much better than she can. At least I presume that's what you are doing. Either that or you're a not very clever troll. But anyway, a discussion on the treatment of maids can't hurt - if anyone is interested.

I get a strong feeling that this lady is a Filipina.

Note to self " be sure to read all threads before responding"

If the repliers worked for someone in their own country and did not get paid, I'm sure they would not like the abuse from TV members when they ask for help. OP did what she was asked and ripped off by a tight ass bitch. Karma love.

We pray that all turns out great for you and this year will be better.

It's in the past, learn and live.

• Like 1

Where are you from your English is very good? If you have worked for someone and can prove it, the department of labour will take your case, they are not really interested if you have a WP or not.....if you are owed money they will get it for you

Yes, just go up to the desk that says "Troll".......

This is not trolling, don't be so quick to yell troll at every turn.

This is just posting a hypothetical so that we may debate and evaluate a part of our reality.

Narrow minds are such a drag.

Skip all that. Cut to the chase.

I would be knocking on her door. Pay up lady. Face to face, phone calls are not working for you.

There are a few holes in your story..

Why did you just leave her house?

Whos looking after her kids?

Where are you from and how did you get the job?

If it's an agency, can't they help?

My thinking as well - Where is the contract..??

Weekly payment may be preferred to Monthly...

PLUS - an important point - With such English language skills, why not teach English.

Some smaller schools hire from India and the Phillipines for English teachers, both because their skills are excellent and they cost less that western teachers. Work Permits are provided by the schools.

• Like 1

This is just posting a hypothetical so that we may debate and evaluate a part of our reality.

Based on false pretenses (a lie)?

Sounds like the precise definition of a troll post to me

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well, if you say so.

But to me it is a chance to teach a lesson about man's inhumanity to man,

And maybe learn something so that we can be just slightly better the next time around.

You could say, this is like reading the Bible, because as we know everything in the Bible is literally true,

Except for the allegory about that Bathsheba Broad.

Narrow minds at work,

Watch out!

• Like 1

Well, if you say so.

And maybe learn something so that we can be just slightly better the next time around.

You could say, this is like reading the Bible, because as we know everything in the Bible is literally true,

Narrow minds at work,

Watch out!

Then why not approach the subject as such instead of lying and saying you are someone you are not?

Seems to me the ploy is to garnish sympathy from the reader with a sob story (a made up, pre-fabricated lie) so that the op can "teach people something" based on his biased views. People obviously wouldn't have the same reaction if they knew the op were some western middle class person posing as a minority woman now would they?

Discourse in a forum should be open and honest, the op is just a liar, hence the term "troll."

Fir maybe the first time on Thai Visa ... without reading through all the posts ... I'm simply going to say TROLL.

WHY

"I am just a maid. I posted my ads looking for a nanny job here in thaivisa and I was happy when there were immediate responses to my ads."

"I work one month and that was my first month to work."

The OP joined a few hours ago.

You can post on TV, wait a reasonable amount of time, get hired, work for some time ... but have joined a few hours ago ... facepalm.gif

Happy to be proven wrong.

http://www.thaivisa....t/#entry7163392

??????

the OP is quite obviously a Filipina.

Yeah, the English skills and 'God' bit were a bit of a give away biggrin.png

Well, if you say so.

Narrow minds at work,

Watch out!

Then why not approach the subject as such instead of lying and saying you are someone you are not?

Seems to me the ploy is to garnish sympathy from the reader with a sob story (a made up, pre-fabricated lie) so that the op can "teach people something" based on his biased views. People obviously wouldn't have the same reaction if they knew the op were some western middle class person posing as a minority woman now would they?

Discourse in a forum should be open and honest, the op is just a liar, hence the term "troll."

Think your being a bit harsh, requiring all posters to be open an honest will decrease the number of posts considerably LOL.....TV is full of Walt's