Anti-govt protest leader out on bail

webfact

Protest leader out on bail

pichit-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Ratchadapisek Criminal Court has granted a bail for a protest leader despite the objection from the Department of Special Investigation.

The suspect, Pichit Chaimongkol, spokesman of the Network of Students and People for Thailand’s Reform, was arrested by police on Sunday night after he left the protest site at Ratchadamnoen road to Seacon Square shopping mall for some business.

He was later handed over to the DSI to face criminal charges which include illegal trespassing of government buildings at night, incitement of public unrest, intimidation and violation of the Internal Security Act.

Pichit was brought before the court on Tuesday by the DSI which has wanted him to be further detained for 12 more days for interrogation until January 11. The DSI also rejected his bail.

Pichit’s lawyer, Mr Suwat Apaipak, told the court that DSI tried to block Pichit’s temporary release on bail by claiming that the public prosecutor was not present to consider the bail.

However, the court decided to grant him temporary release on a 100,000 baht surety.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/protest-leader-bail/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2013-12-31

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

protesters do have serious money behind them, they are untouchables, no matter how serious charges are against them.

would they, at least, pay for the damage to the buildings, vehicles, road infrastructure, obstructing governmental offices which they made during their 2 months occupation of the town centre.

Edited by londonthai
  • Like 2

How in hell can you get away with destroying public property, inciting public unrest, intimidation and violation of ISA, and get released on a 3000$ bail??bah.gif

Something very rotten in the state of Thailand!!

So what is new??whistling.gif

• Like 2

Seriously what is the point of arresting him in the first place??sad.png

A few hours later he is back on the street to continue his undemocratic rape of the country!!

The "legal" system here is only worth one comment!!

attachicon.gif51o1Y3JArUL.jpg

Would that be as opposed to the democratic rape of the country when the caretakers were previously the democratically elected government that acted illegally?

Ridiculous.

What a great way to fan the flames.

How will pro-government forces respond to this?

Probably shooting anyone with a warrant.

I'm due to be back in Thailand in a couple of weeks. My wife no longer wants to go. Not because she is worried or scared, but because she is embarrassed and ashamed to be Thai.

He was later handed over to the DSI to face criminal charges which include illegal trespassing of government buildings at night, incitement of public unrest, intimidation and violation of the Internal Security Act.

He also blew a whistle, spit his gum out and spit on the sidewalk. Tarit should be allowed to interrogate him for days, weeks, years, whatever it takes to appease some TV posters that have a conveniently short memory when it comes to damage done by protesters.

• Like 2

protesters do have serious money behind them, they are untouchables, no matter how serious charges are against them.

would they, at least, pay for the damage to the buildings, vehicles, road infrastructure, obstructing governmental offices which they made during their 2 months occupation of the town centre.

How about Taksin? Who is really untouchable? Who would pay for the burning down buildings in Bangkok few years ago? Funny comment from you indeed.

• Like 2

Did the red shirts in 2010?

Though Suthep has said people would be compensated, But words are cheap!

Ridiculous.

I'm due to be back in Thailand in a couple of weeks. My wife no longer wants to go. Not because she is worried or scared, but because she is embarrassed and ashamed to be Thai.

Good! why come back to Thailand if you two are ashamed of Thailand. I'm Thai and I love my country. Please stay away and mind the affair from wherever you are from.

Edited by bunny11kk
  • Like 2

He also blew a whistle, spit his gum out and spit on the sidewalk. Tarit should be allowed to interrogate him for days, weeks, years, whatever it takes to appease some TV posters that have a conveniently short memory when it comes to damage done by protesters.

And more fool you if you really think any of this has to do with damaged property caused by the protesters!

Sometimes I wonder if some posters here actually read the OP before they post?

The OP is about a yellow freed on bail by a clearly yellow-friendly "judge".

Despite that, about half of the posts are from anti-Thaksin posters repeating their same old mantra over and over again!

The fact that there were thugs on the roads in 2010, does not justify the thugs of 2013!!coffee1.gif

Edited by soi41
  • Like 2

Ridiculous.

Good! why come back to Thailand if you two are ashamed of Thailand. I'm Thai and I love my country. Please stay away and mind the affair from wherever you are from.

Just what this thread needed. An ultranationalistic and xenophobic poster!!bah.gif

There's something wrong with being patriotic, believing in one's own country? Where did you see the "ultra" bit and the xenophobia in that post, he's referring to another Thai?

• Like 2

How in hell can you get away with destroying public property, inciting public unrest, intimidation and violation of ISA, and get released on a 3000$ bail??bah.gif

Something very rotten in the state of Thailand!!

So what is new??whistling.gif

He hasn't got away with anything, he's been charged and is on bail. What's the "rotten" part of that, do you want bail to be denied to anyone who is arrested?

• Like 1