Rice subsidies 101

williamta20012

sorry but its REALLY getting annoying listening to people who parrot the TV

let me educate the peasants!

A commodity is priced according to supply and demand.

- Demand is infinite (put your kid in a toy store or your husband in a tool shop and say every thing is free)

- over supply equals a price collapse, under supply equals a price spike

- efficiency equals tools and techniques created to produce a commodity using less time less cost and using less labour (this FREES UP land labour and capital WHICH WILL PROVIDE OTHER GOODS AND SERVICES MAKING OUT LIFE EVEN MORE COMFORTABLE! !!!!! if you dont like that go back and live in the jungle!)

now lets get to rice subsidies

if there is too much rice, why in GODS NAME IS A FARMER ASKING THE STATE TO STEAL OFF PEOPLE forcing them to pay higher prices?

I thought you just sit on your ass all day watching tv in issan. It seems obvious here that the dead weight is issan, they have to be cut loose and that land labour and capital can esscape their intellectual sloth and start producing goods and services that people WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why r issan farmers poor? thats easy.. but ill let u peasants figure that out, just look inside yout wallet and ask your self what is in there.

Doesn't seem any different from the Common Agricultural Policy of many of the EU member states. Essentially government subsidising what it considers to be a critically important industry, to protect it against international competitors and global markets. This protection can lead to an oversupply, as it did for some time with the CAP in Europe with the "butter mountains of the 80s.

You can call it stealing, but that's a fairly juvenile way of looking at how all governments operate - taxing and distributing.

Also consider the alternatives - a vulnerable agricultural industry which prices can collapse and do harm to the wider economy of the country.

Edited by celso
  • Like 1

Doesn't seem any different from the Common Agricultural Policy of many of the EU member states.

yea and you did you notice the ECB bailed out ireland, greece anf spain.

then did you notice the shot over the bow?? a Cyprus bail in.

why????????

my explanation didnt explain fractional reserve banking... its a tiny bit more complicated...

but the way they subsidize a commodity is by playing around with the debt markets/interest rates, then lending to the govt who then centrally plans shit!!

yes, like CHINA

there is a very dangerous vacuum that mathematically cant be filled ill explain it in another post one day, but the EU and many other debtor deficit running countries will see run away interest rates in the future...

Deary me, repeat after me: small farmers get nothing from this scheme, you obviously don't understand how it works. We got ฿13.- /Kg, some of the guys with debts to pay off, which is most of the small farmers,had to sell for ฿12. Driving past the rice mills there were huge queues, people waiting for days to sell at ฿12., even less in other places. Who gets ฿20.? Mill owners, big land owners (like a certain family in the Ching Mai area whose name begins with T). A lot of rice gets paid for twice by the government, some even gets illegally imported from Vietnam.

Please stop talking rubbish about the Isaan farmer's vote being bought by this scheme, at least around here people are mostly yellow shirts, (and not necessarily supporters of Suthep) the red shirts in Isaan are around Khon Kaen and Udonthani.

The question is not about supply and demand it is about corruption.

Educate the peasants? Well I guess you should come up to Isaan to do that, maybe you would get an education.

• Like 2

Such wisdom!

there is a very dangerous vacuum that mathematically cant be filled ill explain it in another post one day

Please don't!...us retards will never get it!

Thanks for putting your arrogant attitude out for all to see and be inspired from you economic genius you!

people who steal deserve no empathy

What money?

Many harvested months ago and still wait for payment.

My wife is one.

I ask her about the money for the rice.

" No money, they just give me a paper."

where is the paper?

" I give paper to bank, but bank has no money"

So you have nothing?

no comment.

Again....what money?

You call this buying votes?

Maybe some votes will be lost this time!

What money?

Many harvested months ago and still wait for payment.

My wife is one.

I ask her about the money for the rice.

" No money, they just give me a paper."

where is the paper?

" I give paper to bank, but bank has no money"

So you have nothing?

no comment.

Again....what money?

You call this buying votes?

Maybe some votes will be lost this time!

9 weeks and waiting. BAAC is broke.

Rest assured the PTP rice policy will be brought to an end by market forces.

Either the government is selling the rice or it is not.

The secrecy around claimed sales only makes sense if the sales do not exist, are in contravention of trade agreements or are corrupt.

The truth will out.

The thing to remember is that Thaksin wouldn't dare come up with a program that taxes the wealthy and distributes to the poor.

He does not want to change the system, he just wants to put himself at the top of the system.

The guy who cares so much for the poor changed the rules over night so that he could both sell his company and sell it without paying any tax whatsoever.

A real man of the people and the hero of red shirt farang (hilariously and pathetically).