Price of life/wife: An honest appraisal

laolover88

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly a notable distinction. "girlfriend for hire" with or without kids to also pay for.

Truly mind boggling the nonchalant attitudes about "compensated girlfriends"

Any thoughts about the gf's that like you because they simply like you, enjoy time together, without being on your payroll ??????

not in thailand when you are 50 plus. Edited by FiftyTwo

You want to look at your relationship first, if your happy here then shouldn't be down to money,

Also I don't get why you take on her kids and now want to decide to dump them because it doesn't look good on a balance sheet,

We don't know all the ins and outs, but playing with people's lives because your euro goes a bit further here,

An example ,if a rich Arab went to a housing estate in Newcastle moved in and sent her 2 kids to private school,

Then decided to move on knowing they would be back in government school,with no conscious whatsoever,

Why bother in the first place, also you say 1 kid is yours, so now there are many that will be hurt from the fallout,

You need to live has a family , and budget we'll and talk to each other.

If she still insists on her 20 K and you know she doesn't use it all for the family and her own expenses,

And is gambling or drinking,then your better off out of it.

My 2 pence worth

• Like 1

Sure. Many of you right. But

I am happy here, unencumbered, well not too much, with history and debt. I have dealt with wallet moths. Go away!

The g/f and her family are reasonably wealthy.

She and they have their own businesses, land and money. They don't need mine. They look after my daughter. It is my

way of 'contributing'. Just get the sense that it does not all add up! Maybe I am short of adventures

• Like 2

i guess if your choice of beer is of equal quality to your choice of what you see as attractive in girs, then - yes i can see where your coming from. but in the real world your most likely viewed as an unatractive lecherous old man. a mirror willl give a good indication as to how you appear to otheres. you may find them attractive (beauty contestents - hehe) but im sure they dont reciprocate. well you know they dont. but it couldnt be about the money as they know that anyone drinking cheap piss is a cheap charlie. so now im confused smile.png

That just isn't true, I have several regular bars I visit where the ladies actually choose to sit with me in preference to much younger foreign guys. No lady drinks, no money changing hands. And they know I don't want to take them somewhere more private.

Some of the girls like to spend time with a guy that can speak their language for a change, no matter what his age.

Not that it really makes much difference at my age. Four 18 year old women prancing around in short skirts, how ugly can they be? But if you really think changing my beer drinking habits will improve my women I'll give it a shot.

555, my idea of attractive, 20 years younger than me and weighing less than 60Kg.

Anything more is a bonus!

Edited by FiftyTwo

Clearly a notable distinction. "girlfriend for hire" with or without kids to also pay for.

Any thoughts about the gf's that like you because they simply like you, enjoy time together, without being on your payroll ??????

not in thailand when you are 50 plus.

Not true. Learn the language, work out, eat healthy, look neat and well dressed develop positive self image and greater self esteem and confidence. In reality age 35 woman in thai society feels like she is over the hill.

• Like 1

If you start to measure your relationship in monetary terms, it is time to leave!

For her sake!coffee1.gif

My god, there are some really Cheap Charlies around!

This brand must be a bestseller in Thailand!attachicon.gif3226.gif

one of the worst comments ever! every relationship is based on monetary terms ,especially in sea where there is no welfare net . Its what every women wants , to be looked after financially and protected .Personally I would never look after another mans responsibility's mine come first somchais would be way down the list .

Chris. this is Thailand and I believe that you are not correct when you describe her children as another man's responsibility.

There are hers, always were and always will be.

The OP said that he was not a young man but we do not know how old, how long they have been together, we know so little.

As someone pointed out, a salary of 20,000 would be excellent money for a Thai to earn.

Further to that, she would manage Everything with that amount.

A young man might earn a little more than 10,000 and quite happily live on that.

If I were the OP, I think I would say that I can no longer afford to take care of things as I had.

I would say that I can give the G/F 30,000 per month and she must manage the family out of that - including her parents, food, electricity, water, cloths, Buddha everything. 30,000 is the sort of Big money a Thai could earn working in an outside country.

He would pay for treats like the occasional restaurant, trips but not more.

A Thai wife and husband, both working in good jobs would be lucky to earn 50,000 per month - and live like kings.

If with this change in funding she kicks up, then as has been said before. Leave.

Move to a new town, vanish.

When you meet your next potential G/F, discuss money with her.

Agree what is acceptable and go with that.

I should add that buying the book Thailand Fever and reading it would be something that the OP should do - better late than never.

The good thing about that book is that the G/F can read the same but in Thai.

It can be used to explore specific difficulties, in both directions.....

My guess is that when the golden goose is gone, so will she not stay and the bubble will burst.

Remind me - what is the minimum wage in Thailand?

Do millions manage on less than that?

Best of luck OP, Unless you do a midnight flit, I suspect you could be in for a rough ride.

If you do a midnight flit, leave her some cash. She will lose face Big Time.

By now she will have bragged to friends and family how good you are.....

If you reduce the support - again, loss of face.

I see no good outcome, on the balance of probabilities, may be better to leave and start again but much wiser.

• Like 1

You have just confirmed why are young petty Thai girls with older Farangs men.

• Like 1

By George I believe he's got it! That's why every older man I know of is living in Thailand. Now we can work on the next mystery for the ages, "Why do young men come to Thailand?"

i dont understand all you people saying you should not give the girlfriend money,however i give my wife 25,000 a month but she pays all the bills buys food,pays the school fees for her son,sends money for her other son and daughter who do not live with us,she never asks for more, but to give 20,000 a month just for pocket money seems much to much,my wife always has enough to buy things for herself such as clothes,magazines,music,so maybe the op should ask her to chip in with the money he gives her.

• Like 1

i dont understand all you people saying you should not give the girlfriend money,however i give my wife 25,000 a month but she pays all the bills buys food,pays the school fees for her son,sends money for her other son and daughter who do not live with us,she never asks for more, but to give 20,000 a month just for pocket money seems much to much,my wife always has enough to buy things for herself such as clothes,magazines,music,so maybe the op should ask her to chip in with the money he gives her.

I second that,spot on

• Like 1

I second that,spot on

I third that.

• 1 month later...

Been looking to buy a new car Fancy a Mazda CX5 Can fit most of the family in that !!!1.200,000 about same as UK At

the end of the road guy has a Merc 190 for sale. I got 2 of those in the UK,,,,cost £1500 had for ten years. He wants..

aged much the same, 20 years, £4000/ 200,000B. no sun roof, unlike UK.. but has air con.....what gives here?

For 200,000 B deposit

We can buy a new Yaris/Jazz/Hilux paid for in 2 years at x per month

There seems sometimes a total obsession with money on many posts- the price of a beer - how much to give the gf/ bf / family etc.

Surely all you need to do is balance money in and money out, from the outset make it very clear that you will not fork out for new cars, houses,family etc etc.

My bf fully understands he has to go out to work to provide himself money to spend- I will pay for everything else- so has a nice condo, car and a house ( for the dog)

I intend to depart this mortal coil totally broke after whizzing around the world a few times and feel no obligation to leave anything.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I guess for me I have always found i save 50% of my costs of some thigns by having a girlfriend but i guess i have only been with western women with their own jobs and money... at the moment my girlfriend makes alot of money and is generous so i don't even pay 50% of the rent and she fills the food up in the fridge.. one of the benifits of feminism is the women have money and don't want you to pay for them ever.. i dont think i could ever shack up with a women that might be in it for the money

there are some stupid farang in LOS. Every week Im reading about farang buying gf's parents a new car or OP paying 20k a month. What is this for?

My gf would be shocked and offended if I said I wanted to pay her monthly money.

I dont know why so many farang settle for these trashy thai women with kids to other thai blokes.

there are some stupid farang in LOS. Every week Im reading about farang buying gf's parents a new car or OP paying 20k a month. What is this for?

My gf would be shocked and offended if I said I wanted to pay her monthly money.

I dont know why so many farang settle for these trashy thai women with kids to other thai blokes.

More than we know, our children can be born from another's seed. Not always but it happens. Even to the obviously jaded.

Not true, a weak rationalization for being taken. Find one in her thirties, at least. They usually have a bit of maturity, not so into consumer overdosing, and can see the value of a decent guy. If you are not a decent guy, I would go with the one night stands option: cheaper by far, they don't get to know the full depth of your jerkishness, variety, etc. Do you need a woman 24/7? Physical disability or something?

• Like 1

seems like you take care of all living expenses including her two kids - so why do you pay her 20k min per month. seems simple really. if she wanted to be with you and you had a normal relationship then you wouldnt be paying her to stay with you. that is technically called something else. i mean when you hire a girl it is ... well you know.

there are many girlfriends for hire in Thailand without having to take care of someone elses kids. an old friend of mine had a terrible embarrising habit of asking bar girls where ever he went, how much they would want to live with him. it ranged from 10 to 20k per month (but no kids). so you are paying over top rate plus plus smile.png

Any thoughts about the gf's that like you because they simply like you, enjoy time together, without being on your payroll ?????

Given all the women unable to find suitable male companionship due to the significant gay / ladyboy / low end male % how difficult can it be to find a non remunerative one?

For older expats...VERY!

By George I believe he's got it! That's why every older man I know of is living in Thailand. Now we can work on the next mystery for the ages, "Why do young men come to Thailand?"

Maybe because we all like to come and go in Thailand?-coffee1.gif

It seems rather simple, don't settle for a woman who can only spread her legs. There are plenty of productive good girls out there. Pick one who wants to learn, wants to help you succeed and one who is less interested in others than in you.

• Like 2

Not if you're willing to settle down with someone near your own age.

But that's just crazy to me, the older I get the younger I need my bedmate to be.

And of course that takes money - not any more so here than back home - in fact a lot lot less.

And those that are trying to paint a picture that this isn't how 90%+ (IMO 99%) of the Thai/farang relationships work here, it just ain't so.

Those of you here that think you're young & hansum, or more "respectable" in your own eyes all fine and good, but stop disparaging those of us that make the normal choices here - normal for here that is.

Maybe one day Thailand will be rich enough that few can afford to outright rent their women, but you'll just have to wait for that day to arrive through the natural development cycle.

• Like 1