Allegations of Pattaya Police Brutality involving Russian Female Tourist

webfact

Looks to me like he was trying it on because he wanted some whisky tea money, what with it being new year and all, they knew what was going on and refused to hand it over. Looks like the girl took a photo of him with her phone, he got angry because he didn't want evidence of what he was doing because really he knows it is wrong so he lashed out and slapped her. I would wager if there hadn't been 10 witnesses around and cctv he would have wrestled the phone from her and taken it with him. Since he didn't it is just 'he said she said' and they probably can't speak Thai so don't know what he really said anyway. A shining example of what is wrong with the police force here...Since there is clear evidence here he should be called in and questioned and disciplined for his poor behaviour. He should also compensate the poor girl he here, don't care what she may have said to him, she didn't deserve that.

• Like 2

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The officer did everything right. Hopefully these tourists kicked out of the country.

Absolutely right! When the video went "viral", the "cop in question" was called in by his supervisor and was going to be disciplined or fired. Later, the girl in the video went in and explained what really happened. She was trying to take a photo of the policeman and he didn't want her to do so. He was "fanning away" -so to speak - the phone-cam and, on the video, it "looks" like he smacked her. All of this was on the local news here in Pattaya earlier today.

That's exactly what happened. You can see the phone in her hand as she steps backward and raises it to frame the shot. The BIB walks swiftly up to her and swats it out of her hand. Not that I'm saying it was OK for him to do that, but he sure as hell didn't strike her across the face.

But hey, why let the facts get in the way of a good story. coffee1.gif

The officer did everything right. Hopefully these tourists kicked out of the country.

Next time it could (hopefully) be you, your wife or sister getting a wallop. Then we can all meet up and laugh....

thumbsup.gifclap2.gifthumbsup.gif

I don't always understand the reasoning behind a moderator's decision what posts to delete, but neither do I worry about it much. In this case, the moderator gave a pretty good explanation. Far too many times threads are exploited in order to do nothing but bash, insult and slander Thailand. if you are in this country, whether as a tourist or resident, yes, it is your host country. What else do you call it?

This thread is about an allegation of police "brutality" (one slap is brutality? give me a break). But these kinds of stories seem to be used as an excuse to start waving the same old tripe about how corrupt Thailand is.

Thailand, I am ashamed for all these insults that are flung at you. I wish civility was the guiding principle for our dialogues.

Edited by Rimmer
Quoted reply of removed also removed
  • Like 1

Any man that strikes a woman is lower that whale shit. You lose the right to be called a man the moment you lay hands on a woman in anger - there can be no excuse and it is a cowardly and despicable act. This officer needs firing.

What an odd statement. I worked as a 'doorman' for many years. I have restrained and ejected women many times. Never struck one, wanted too though. So I laid hands on a woman, not in anger, ergo I am not a man. Well Richard Head/Stuffinator a drunken English female chav can push a glass in your face just as fast a male one, and they think because they are female that they can 'act up' and get away with it. Some women do cross the line that males think twice about (in case they get a slap), and it is sometime difficult to restrain oneself. I always say if you act like a lady, you will get treated like a lady, but if you want to play big boy's games then you play by big boy's rules and accept whatever happens.

Restraining a lady who is trying to cause you or others harm is not the same as striking her as you quite rightly pointed out. But you point about a lady playing big boys games should accept big boy rules is nonsense.

This is a thin line and it shouldn't be crossed by men. My other half is 44k, I am over 100k and no matter how angry she gets about stuff I would never hit her, even if she lashed out at me. I might restrain her if she lost it but hitting her absolutely not, no matter what big boy games she was playing.

If it was a man attacking me then yes I would defend myself and I would hit him, of course but I could not hit the misses..

Think about what you're saying fella, it's not right.

I would say she got off lightly. She clearly cuffs him around the back of the head at 59 seconds, she copped for a little slap which has got to be better than handcuffs to the police station, a night in a cell, charged and sent packing back to whereve she comes from. She got off lightly, he did the right thing.

• Like 1

Toxic pig deserves to lose his job.

Wrong. These girls clearly didn't want to pay the ticket and refused to accept it and just started taking off. The officer tried to stop them, but one of them struck at him. In America they would have been slammed to the ground (rightfully so), hog tied and in for a 5 year minimum bid.

Next time it could (hopefully) be you, your wife or sister getting a wallop. Then we can all meet up and laugh....

I live in this country for many years. I have never had any problems. You know why? I'm not looking for them. That's it. I know police officers in Thailand, they are good people. And yet - I know very well Russian. So I'm one hundred percent - officer did everything right. Hopefully it will not take a penalty of more than one hundred baht.

Thank you for your input Sergeant Somchaibiggrin.png .

Although very grainy it does appear the this officer actually assaulted this woman first when he walked towards her and the bike and seems to have pushed her. She then moves away from the bike onto the pavement and he follows her and seems to strike her.

Also do you notice, after the strike, he seems to walk away from the situation, perhaps realising he has gone too far ?

Whatever, if what my aging eyes told me from this grainy CCTV are right then this policeman assaulted her twice, and that arrogant attitude is totally unacceptable. No wonder the BIB are laughed at, policemen like this are nothing more than a rule of their own.

I remember some time back reading on here that policemen have to pay big bucks to get stationed in Pattaya and it was inferred in that write up that this was because the opportunities for huge back handers etc were abundant . Could this give these law enforcers a false sense of security and allow them to become bully boys I wonder ?

• Like 1

The video only shows some sort of altercation going on and towards the end it clearly shows that the woman with the black hair shouts at the officer and tries to push him aside, prior to him restraining the woman with a smack in the face and probably well deserved.

Besides all that there is no way of knowing what started this and what the altercation was all about?

I am sure the police would have dealt with this matter much differently in the Motherland, only need to read the headlines to see how Russian justice works.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 1

They're called in our country BIU's

Bullies in Uniforms

Here we have a supporter

The lowest form of coward and his supporters. Pathetic little creatures.

Toxic pig deserves to lose his job.

Wrong. These girls clearly didn't want to pay the ticket and refused to accept it and just started taking off. The officer tried to stop them, but one of them struck at him. In America they would have been slammed to the ground (rightfully so), hog tied and in for a 5 year minimum bid.

The alleged offense could very well have been based in "fiction" in which case objecting and/or refusing to be extorted is not inappropriate.

1. Don't show your fore-finger to the police if you are tourist in abroad !

2. FCK police don't hit a girl if you are so brave you can find a man who will kick out your idiot ass !

I'm so curious what will be the brave sergant's version. May be: this girl jumped to majd right hand.

Edited by Loles

She tried to interrupt a policeman on duty (may be thought it will be unpunished because she is a woman), so the policeman did everything correct.

if she was not agree with what he was doing she should go by legal way but not trying to fight with police..

Ukrainian russian-hater come, here we go smile.png

I'm pretty sure that slapping tourists in the face isn't the legal way to proceed either.

Edited by saroq

I read the comments on the Thai people on youtube - everyone chooses the side of the woman.

As a man, and especially as a police officer, you shouldn't hit a woman in the face. It's a big professional mistake.

If the woman really pushed him first, there are other ways to restrain the woman.

Also, knowing the background of the Thai police, it's perfectly possible they were involved in some kind of scam.

This needs to be checked.

I completely agree with the comments of the Thai people on youtube - it show that they have more reason and good manners than some people on this forum.

Edited by kriswillems
  • Like 2