Green Lantern versus One Million Moms

Suradit69

Doubtless they'll also disclose that he's moslem when they want a bit more publicity through vacuous political correctness.

Not really sure who reads the Green Lantern comics these days, but I would guess the demographic that subscribes to Green Lantern might be described as vacuous, but not very attuned to political correctness.

The rumors about one of the Teletubbies being gay, as I recall, didn't do much to draw in a wider PC crowd.

The Reverend Jerry Falwell, a former spokesman for America's Moral Majority, has denounced the BBC TV children's show. He says it does not provide a good role model for children because Tinky Winky is gay.

Obviously the Rev Falwell is into children's programming and quite possibly comic books given his apparent IQ.

A BBC spokeswoman said:

"As far as we are concerned Tinky Winky is simply a sweet, technological baby with a magic bag."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/276677.stm

Obviously being sweet, adorable and having a magic bag equates to gay in some people's minds.

Edited by Suradit69

Ach, he's been out gay for over six months now. I'm sure if they were going to kick up a fuss they would have done so already. There's about three or four guys who call themselves the Green Lantern anyway- they just picked the most obscure one so that fans wouldn't complain or cause a fuss.

I can't believe I knew all that without even googling it. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Ach, he's been out gay for over six months now. I'm sure if they were going to kick up a fuss they would have done so already. There's about three or four guys who call themselves the Green Lantern anyway- they just picked the most obscure one so that fans wouldn't complain or cause a fuss.

I can't believe I knew all that without even googling it. rolleyes.gif

"I can't believe I knew all that without even googling it. rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif"

That's either awe inspiring or a little frightening ... possibly both.

And I mean that I'm suitably impressed that there's an apparent need for multiple Green Lanterns and also that you knew all that.

Edited by Suradit69

I thought Batman and Robin were the gay couple...

But good to hear about the Green Lantern. It is certainly a marketing move by DC Comics, but if they think this increases sales, it says something positive about the perception of gays in the general population, at least according to the DC marketing team.

Edited by onthemoon