Police officer in Pattaya denies slapping Russian tourist

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love it when they get caught out on video cheesy.gif ..... Oh how the times they are a changing .......clap2.gif

Sorry mate.

Not for 2 or 3 decades yet mate!

A perfect example of why the red shirts and yellow shirts are gonna be fighting for years, not months to come!

If he had slspped my wife.....he would have to pick his arse off the ground

Like you, I have a strong wife as well. I must say though that my wife would not attack a policeman, because no good can come of that. The policeman has a gun after all.

T

I don't think it is as clear as most TV readers think when viewing the clip. Not sure Russian police would

have reacted any differently to there picture being taken. Obviously a heated conversation, giving police

around the world sass is never wise, especially here. Driving the wrong direction, no licence, did she have

her passport on her. Could very easily been arrested and spent the night in jail.

He vowed to punish the office in the most severe manner possible if he had been found guilty..

Yeah right! Like not including him in the latest scam or something?

..as the incident has harmed the image of Pattaya tourism industry cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

priceless. What image is that then??blink.png

From what I can see in the video, after watching several times, I cannot say that he touched her.

If you want to see real brutality, YouTube search for the state of things in USA. 1000's of examples.

Edited by papa al
  • Like 2

allowing bike renters to rent bikes to people with no valid license so that the police can collect money off them further up the road, and then allow them to keep riding the bike has nothing to do with the law or safety, the only description for it is a police operated scam and people have every right to complain about it

Are we forgetting TIT, like any other motor cycle incident in Pattaya a witness will come forward in a few days claiming the Ferang was at fault, never the less he did swing at her but looks like he missed. On the other side of the coin these people got to understand there are laws in Thailand and they must abide by them, typical of some people taking advantage if everything was in order the cop would have waived them on there way.

This is Thailand and she will be found to have provoked the officer and he acted in self defence. They worry about tourism but treat farangs like dog <deleted>, they wouldn't even stand in it, but where is your wallet and I will step over you.

In 2008 when I was doing an exchange program with the BIB for 3 months we were walking to a restaurant with the BIB and I saw a group of Thais kicking the <deleted> out of a farang. I pointed it out to them and they said if thai is wrong then farang will report, if not farang do wrong. I went to assist and was stopped by the BIB who made it clear it was not our my/BIB concern and we were going for food and drinks.

I know in my country if you were on duty or off duty with a group of police you would not turn a blind eye, the BIB I were with were on duty, in uniform and senior police members.

Sorry mate.....That was a full on slap and you need to lose your job!

I sure hope he gets what he deserves.

sorry Craig looks like I have messed your post up some how.

what I was trying to say was he qill probably get transferred to a non active post.

jb1

Edited by jimbeam1
  • Like 1

Whether his hand actually touched the woman's face with any force is almost academic, his actions, body language and facial expression tell the truth. He was using aggressive bully-boy tactics which is totally unacceptable, and should be punished.

• Like 1

Whether his hand actually touched the woman's face with any force is almost academic, his actions, body language and facial expression tell the truth. He was using aggressive bully-boy tactics which is totally unacceptable, and should be punished.

Like I wrote at post 57.

The offense of assault is complete. The video convicts the officer.

leaving him no choice but to wave his hand to swipe the phone away, Pol.Sgt. Nopkrit insisted.

Shoulda used the other hand to swipe the CCTV away as well.

Do not think he knew that he got caught on CCTV.

But good that they put up so many CCTV now, they can solve many cases.

That CCTV better be careful, might get hauled into court for confirming harming Thailands image.

"The officer then reportedly handed a ticket to the man and advised him to pay for the ticket at the police station (or settle on the spot, to his pocket), and kept their motorcycle key with him as he continued to patrol the area (never heard of such a thing before). The Russian woman waited for her boyfriend at the motorcycle, he added.

When Pol.Sgt. Nopkrit returned, he said, he saw the Russian woman attempting to move the vehicle away from where he left her, and he called a vehicle towing company to confiscate the motorcycle, because he feared it might be "lost" (Now that is a pile of horse manure! She wanted to be near it, which would seem to make 'losing" a bit difficult).

Seems he needs that police kit they were distributing a few weeks ago, look at section called "evidence" (evidence? we don't need no stinkin' evidence!) We Thai police. Who you gonna believe?

• 1 month later...

How sweet this would be, if it was true. Perhaps some tourists need some discipline! I have seen many unruly Russian tourists on Samui lately. I almost got into a fight with one the other night in a restaurant. He was so loud, rude, and obnoxious, that the mellow owner and chef came out from the kitchen to reprimand him. When even that did not work, I told him off in front of the whole restaurant. He gave me this look like I should assassinate you right now! Not my favorite people in the world. I hear there are some very kind and refined Russians out there, and I am sure it is true. Years ago I met some very nice ones. But we have not been seeing them on Samui lately. Where are they hiding?