Copy and paste from Pattaya One

PeterSmiles

Why isn't it possible to copy a partial text from a Pattaya One article and paste it in a Thaivisa post ?

http://www.pattayaon...estival-begins/

Try to copy a line from the article linked above and try to paste it in a post. You can post the link like I did, but not a part of the article.

I've noticed this several times before, however it is possible to paste the copied part in whatever other website or forum, but not Thaivisa.

Officials who opened a Water Safety Festival, which runs from 25th December to 2nd January claim that it has been a good year for Marine Safety in Pattaya with no accidents.

This remarkable claim was made despite Pattaya experiencing its worst marine accident in living History in November when 6 people died and over 100 were injured after a Ferry sank off the coast of Pattaya.

- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/113281/controversial-pattaya-water-safety-festival-begins/#sthash.Li59u0dE.dpuf

Weird, the pasted text does not appear in the post window (quick or full editor) however the text and see more link do appear in the post if you submit it.

Using FF 26 and Windows 8 Enterprise.

Hello Peter, I've just tried it with Firefox and got the same result as you.
When I copy the text with Chrome and Java I got the link to the source added, if Java is off plain text.

When I use Firefox, copy from Pattayaone.net and paste in google.translate.com it works also.

From there c&p to Thaivisa also successful. So it must be a combination between Firefox, Pattayaone and Thaivisa...

It has something to do with the CSS on Thaivisa. If you turn off CSS on thaivisa.com you can paste the text directly from pattayaone to thaivisa, but the site is very hard to read without css.

So I would rather recommend to use Chrome for that case.

• Like 1