Golf instructor in CM

gatsby32

I'm surprised I couldn't find any posts on this already:

I'm looking for an affordable golf instructor (thai or farang) in/around CM. For me, 1000B an hour isn't affordable. I'm pretty terrible at golf and only looking to put time & money into this new hobby if I can do so very cheaply.

thanks for all the useful advice! (and thanks also for the flames that are a'comin!)

Edited by gatsby32

Theres a very nice guy, Pakistani origin I believe, named Atif, who operates at Stardome Driving Range & Golf course. Perfect English of course, and reasonable hourly rates, not sure exactly how much but nowhere near 1000.

He is usually there most days from about 10am, just go there and ask any of the staff for Atif. He normally hangs out at the very top end of the driving range as close as you can get to where the golf course is.

Theres a very nice guy, Pakistani origin I believe, named Atif, who operates at Stardome Driving Range & Golf course. Perfect English of course, and reasonable hourly rates, not sure exactly how much but nowhere near 1000.

He is usually there most days from about 10am, just go there and ask any of the staff for Atif. He normally hangs out at the very top end of the driving range as close as you can get to where the golf course is.

http://www.stardomegolfclub.com/main.php?op=ProGolf

You'll only get what you pay for. 1000 baht/hr instructor will get you nowhere

LOL, no real golfer who has ever endured fruitless expensive lessons would ever come to that conclusion.

My most recent short game lesson was also the cheapest and most effective. 2hrs for 1000bt by the excellent Khun De at Sansai New.

Maybe I should change my avatar from sandmonster to sandmeister now smile.png

Assuming the instructor is a qualified teaching pro, cost has zero correlation to how effective the instructor is for you. Every hacker is unique.

Butch Harmon.. prob waste of time and money for most hackers at $10K per hour smile.png

You'll only get what you pay for. 1000 baht/hr instructor will get you nowhere.

And you know this because?

I play off 4 h.c

And you also play TO 4 hc?

And did you have lessons here to reduce your hc? If so, with whom and how much?

And if not, question still stands - 'you know this because'?

OP is a hacker who would probably be very happy to get down to 24 and probably needs help with grip, stance, swing-and keeping his head down! Not the same technical coach you will need to improve your game still further I guess.

You'll only get what you pay for. 1000 baht/hr instructor will get you nowhere.

And you know this because?
I play off 4 h.c

And you also play TO 4 hc?

And did you have lessons here to reduce your hc? If so, with whom and how much?

And if not, question still stands - 'you know this because'?

OP is a hacker who would probably be very happy to get down to 24 and probably needs help with grip, stance, swing-and keeping his head down! Not the same technical coach you will need to improve your game still further I guess.

Of course I've had lessons. Every day is a school day. However the standard of teaching in places like Stardome are a joke. If the op is a total beginner on a very tight budget he'd be better off looking at Youtube. Spike out at the Three Generation Golf Academy in Mae Rim is the only person I would recommend, but he's 2,500/hr.

I would give up golf before feeling every day was a school day. Depends why you play I guess. Just fun works for me and I dont want to work hard to improve.

But out of interest, sharktooth, have you tried the pro at New Sansai (mentioned above)? When I was looking around there the other day I watched him coaching a youngster who had more talent than I will ever have and I liked what I saw. Certainly wouldnt sign up for his 15 lesson course(not my thing) but may try a lesson with him if he comes recommended