What type of permit for starting a new life in Thailand

Come here on a tourist visa and check out these possible employers, then if you can get full time work, you can get the appropriate visa when necessary...

Go for interviews and tell them that you will relocate here when you have the job.....Or make like you are living here now and see if that makes a difference.....

You work in Italy, but what country/color are you? Thais are biased towards blacks, and others, No offence meant.

when you say '

biased towards', do you mean Thais are for, or against, 'blacks', etc...?

All ignorant and unwarranted comment(s) which should be removed by the MODS

Take your girl to Italy,, in the future after many years in Thailand you might hate it and want to go back to Italy, then, who will give you a job, what about your social security and pension, who will take care of you when you are sick, also who will pay yore hospital bills in Thailand, think before you leap. You are going from a rich country to a poor country, so you will be poor there, you will not be a king as many people think, your money will dry up quick, so where will it come from, Thai workers in general are paid poorly, you will be paid less than them unless you get a good contract, look hard, think harder. I go to Portugal for 6 months and work then in winter i go to Thailand for 6 months and spend it all, then i do it again.

I invest several millions baht in similar situation. I'm IT Infrastructure manager.

Yes, actually no one want to offer you anything until you here. Also, your personality will be judged from many angles, and the most important now is your stability here. The most important thing is to obtain first legal job here. The first job may be not the what you expect. So, be prepared to some loss in money and interesting projects. The stability is your relation to Kingdom. A lot of foreigners come to short period of time, then move to another place.

Thank you for your answer... I know any employeer needs a guarantee of stability. I'm willing to gain that stability, but I can't afford to leave what I have now: a successful career with many benefits, without know what I can gain when I will be there...

I'm not lazy and I am curious. I've been in Thailand as tourist few times, but I'm willing to learn the culture, the language, and create a stronger bond with this country.

I know it's not easy, I opened this thread cause I don't know where to start this new experience..

......So the question will be why ? why you are leaving behing those benfits ? what is waiting in Thailand better than that ? Girlfriend ? Change your life because of a woman that you meet in holidays ( probably payed ) ??

. Im sorry but IMHO you are about to make a big mistake and you are not the first and for sure will not be the last one

Edited by Wavnarok

I invest several millions baht in similar situation. I'm IT Infrastructure manager.

Yes, actually no one want to offer you anything until you here. Also, your personality will be judged from many angles, and the most important now is your stability here. The most important thing is to obtain first legal job here. The first job may be not the what you expect. So, be prepared to some loss in money and interesting projects. The stability is your relation to Kingdom. A lot of foreigners come to short period of time, then move to another place.

Thank you for your answer... I know any employeer needs a guarantee of stability. I'm willing to gain that stability, but I can't afford to leave what I have now: a successful career with many benefits, without know what I can gain when I will be there...

I'm not lazy and I am curious. I've been in Thailand as tourist few times, but I'm willing to learn the culture, the language, and create a stronger bond with this country.

I know it's not easy, I opened this thread cause I don't know where to start this new experience..

......So the question will be why ? why you are leaving behing those benfits ? what is waiting in Thailand better than that ? Girlfriend ? Change your life because of a woman that you meet in holidays ( probably payed ) ??

. Im sorry but IMHO you are about to make a big mistake and you are not the first and for sure will not be the last one

I forgot to tell that the reason for leaving my country it's not only about my girlfriend. I'm really into asian culture and I feel like Thailand could be a fresh start for my life. I'm so bored and sad about the economic, social e political situation in Italy, and I don't see a future for me here anymore.

So I take care of all your advices here and find how to make my decision.

thank you.

What exactly are your skills? You may get lucky and have the ones needed to work for a western company remotely, this can in some cases mean full western salaries (more, in fact, if you structure your arrangements efficiently). There is a shortage of experienced programmers worldwide, and with 10 years advanced programming with a very up to date skill set and you could be very well remunerated as a remote worker, but there aren't many other aspects of IT that would be in the same position.

As for working for a company here - taking an IT job onsite here, programming or otherwise, you're more often than not competing with a local pool of candidates, in an environment where they aren't generally seeking expats - therefore you're not likely to see particularly good money, and may find it challenging to get hired.

My recommendation is that, as you say you have a secure and well paid job, you try to convince your current employers into allowing you to work remotely perhaps at a discounted rate, and perhaps from Italy initially. Get agreement to drop down to a couple of days working from home and take it from there, build up trust and show that you can do the job from home. For some relevant information regarding methods and approaches should you opt to try this approach, check out the Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

I'm so bored and sad about the economic, social e political situation in Italy, and I don't see a future for me here anymore.

No matter how bad it is at home, I am betting it's better than having no job in Thailand, or a lower income job than the one you have now.

If you fall on the bones of your ass in Thailand, there will be no one there to pick you up, no social security or other sort of dole.