Question about re-entry permit

I just have a question about re-entry permit when you have a retirement Visa. Yesterday I just completed my 90 day reporting which allows me to stay until 1 April. My Visa itself expires on 13 October .

I wasn't planning to leave the country during this time but because of the political situation I would like to have a single re-entry permit available as a contingency.

What is the procedure? Do I just purchase one at immigration and can that be “ activated “at any time to suit my own needs? And then I can stay out of Thailand as long as need be but my visa until October will still remain active. Is that correct?

Edited by Asiantravel

A re-entry permit be valid until the date your extension runs out. Once you have it can be used at any time. You can stay out of the country for as long as you want as long as you return be before your extension expires.

A single entry costs 1000 baht a multiple is 3800 baht.

A re-entry permit be valid until the date your extension runs out. Once you have it can be used at any time. You can stay out of the country for as long as you want as long as you return be before your extension expires. A single entry costs 1000 baht a multiple is 3800 baht.

thanks wai2.gif

"Yesterday I just completed my 90 day reporting which allows me to stay until 1 April. My Visa itself expires on 13 October ."

Incidentally, your 90-day report does not allow you to stay, or have anything to do with permission to stay. It is simply reporting your address, as every foreigner has to do who stays more than 90 consecutive days here.

If you don't do it, it doesn't reduce or change the time you are allowed to stay, it merely makes you subject to a fine for not doing it.

If you do it, it doesn't extend your permission to stay - that is exclusively and only dependent on how long your extension or visa is stamped "permitted to stay until ____"