British charity worker falsely accused of being a paedophile by police in Thailand is released

Rimmer

British charity worker falsely accused of being a paedophile by police in Thailand is released after spending 14 months in a 'hell' prison

A British charity worker who was falsely accused of being a paedophile and jailed in Thailand for four years has been released on order from the Thai Supreme Court.

Ian Charles Tracy, 47, was released from Nong Plalai Prison, Pattaya, just before the New Year after spending a squalid 14 months in the prison being treated as a child sexual abuser.

It is thought he was was mistaken for another British man - who has been arrested for child sex abuse and attempted murder of a juvenile.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2532621/British-charity-worker-falsely-accused-paedophile-police-Thailand-released-spending-14-months-hell-prison.html#ixzz2pLNzBqXS

--DAILY MAIL 2014-01-03
The original story is HERE

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the picture in the other thread and the one in the current news article, the man aged 14 years in 14 months.

Hope he will get compensated, however I'm sure no money in the world can make him forget what he went through.

Edited by PeterSmiles
  • Like 1

Feel sorry for this man...

And where is the compensation for this guy? well in Thailand it will be 0 baht. and his life ruined.

He must have pissed the police mafia bosses about something.

I wonder how many TV posters had him tried, convicted, and hung before his trial even started when his story was first posted?

One to start with, but there are more

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/579639-bail-jumping-brit-re-arrested-for-child-molestation/?p=5605049

xstar_big.png.pagespeed.ic.zb7cgAQhuy.pn

POPULAR

Lock him up until the case is heard. Simple.

Edited by PeterSmiles
  • Like 2

Hope he writes a book to shame those involved and to warn others of the dangers.

I also hope he makes a fortune from book sales and TV appearances and is able to turn his ordeal into something good.

The world is corrupt and as bent as a two-bob watch as my old man used to say.

Just make the best of it and try to stay out of the firing line.

• Like 1

I wonder how many TV posters had him tried, convicted, and hung before his trial even started when his story was first posted?

Get off your high horse before you fall off. There's an implicit or explicit (usually the latter!) if-guilty in all the posts you're referring to. For pete's sake, nobody means for an innocent person to be punished for crimes he didn't commit. 'Nothing wrong with condemning pedophilia or (actual) pedophiles. Find something worthwhile to wonder about...

So by naming this guy [later to be found innocent of all charges], his life will never be the same. 'kin poor fella!

Many years ago, as so many clergy members [in UK] were getting found out for kiddie-tampering offences, I personally felt that all the fun & frolics with my girlfriend's (also UK) nieces & nephews could be mis-read. That caused me to change completely, and upset the kids quite a bit because I was no longer the clown/fun-machine that I used to be.

Perhaps I was guilty of over-thinking, but it was a sad day when I changed my actions, just in case...

The Buddhas may help you if the "big guys" ever have their sights set on you. Sounds like he pi**ed off the wrong people.

"...for Thai people all farangs have the same name" Not too mention being guilty of the accused crime, regardless of evidence.

Always better to have a million or two Baht in bank just in case you get set up and locked up in Thailand by the police at least it will give you a chance of a get out of jail payment and then get some diplomatic and / or legal help to fight and prove your innocence, a bit of a shitty way of saying thank you to the charity voluntary workers in the country.

I doubt it being thailand, but I wonder if he could file a lawsuit. Nahh... what am I saying this is Thailand not America. In the US you could probably settle for a million dollar lawsuit for being falsely accused in situations like these.