Saving Emails From Outlook Express To My Documents

Smithson

I need to get my computer formatted and want to save email messages.

When I go to: File>Export it sends the emails to Outlook (not Outlook Express), but I want to save them to a folder in My Documents, is this possible?

You can drag messages from your Outlook inbox into a folder on your desktop (or wherever). However, if you have thousands of them then I suggest exporting them to Outlook. From there you can then export all your messages and contacts as a .pst file, which is easily restored (back into Outlook).

Outlook express is like Outlook with all the good features removed!

You can drag messages from your Outlook inbox into a folder on your desktop (or wherever). However, if you have thousands of them then I suggest exporting them to Outlook. From there you can then export all your messages and contacts as a .pst file, which is easily restored (back into Outlook).

Outlook express is like Outlook with all the good features removed!

Cheers for that! My only problem is Outlook is in Thai, so I'll have to figure it out!

Here's another method -

1. Right click over your Inbox in Outlook Express, then go to "Properties"

2. Look below the line that reads "The folder is stored in the following file:". It should look something like:

C:\Documents and Settings\________\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{1EAD3F7B-xxxx-4B1F-8B67-261E12AE9BAA}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Inbox.dbx

3. Browse to that folder stated above, then copy all the files in that folder to somewhere safe.

4. Once the computer has been restored, repeat steps 1-3, but this time copying all the files back to that folder from where you backed them to. Remember to shut down Outlook before attempting to copy the files back.