Ex patt clubs

neilf

I have been told that the only legal ex pats club is the pattaya ex patts club ie mr colov and that the others ie patt city are illegal and are subject to raid and arrest at any time soon

Sent from my GT-S5310B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Apparentlty niels announced that any meeting iof farangs on a regular basis in thailand has to be registered qitb the police and any such unregistered meetings are illegal

Sent from my GT-S5310B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So let me get this right.

To be legal, all ex-pats I see drinking with one another in bars, for example, and assuming they are not breaking any Thai law, have had to register this "drink" with the police ? cheesy.gif

Whoever was this person that "told" the OP this ???

And to elaborate a bit, if, say, there are 5000 bars in Pattaya, and, say, 20 foreigners have a drink at each of those bars per night, that's 100,000 foreigners meeting other foreigners. So, are we to believe the unknown person that told the OP that every one of these foreigners must have to report this meeting at the police station to remain legal ?

This story is almost as funny as the guy who was "Toilet-Bombed" 2 weeks ago.

Apparentlty niels announced that any meeting iof farangs on a regular basis in thailand has to be registered qitb the police and any such unregistered meetings are illegal Sent from my GT-S5310B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, I may have heard him say that.

Nevertheless Pattaya City Expats Club still has its weekly Brunch meetings and have never been raided yet....... it seems the police have better things to do.

Pattaya Expats Club....the legal one... :D does too.

I doubt if the former is raided, you would spend too much time in jail for eating eggs!

If the BIB were to raid either, that would be a coup for Thailand and its tourism better than north koreas recent arrest of the tourist who had been in the Korean War.

Lets hope BIB can 'think forward' better than the norks - especially as they have long known about both clubs, have visited them as guests & made announcements, and are always welcome.