Welcome To New Members - 2557/2014

Tywais

Hi There,

I have just joined TV today, but have been living here north of Chiang Mai for 12 years. I am with my Thai wife and son. What a great place it is. I wish I had made this move from Australia years before. I have recently built a house here. Looking forward to chatting to people in TV that have interesting stuff to swap.

Chiang Mai Falung

Hi,

I've used this forum as a resource for information a few times in the past but I finally decided to register and see if I can contribute... mainly tales of stupidity but the only thing better than learning from your mistakes is learning from someone elses!

May the wife be always off your back and may the road rise to meet you...something something.

Regards,

Jacques

• 3 weeks later...

I am new here and I want to join this community. People join any community for fun and joy, but I want to get some knowledge from moderator and other members of this site about ghosts. I did not saw any ghost ever, so I hope you all tell me the reality of it. My stay will be peaceful for all members.

Do you ever visit bus tours to grand canyon from los angeles?

Hi, Philosophically speaking it is quite difficult to prove the non existence of anything. I don't believe in ghosts but my wife swears by them. It has and still does, cost me a pretty penny to keep her ghost free. When we first met I rescued her from the clutches of loan sharks where a bad Cambodian lady had extorted money and gold to free her from a ghost she had sent. My wife was literally on her death bed until she paid up; she then recovered. The Cambodian lady has resent the ghost but now it is too the monks at Phisanalook that she has turned to for relief. Once a week she must go (600 km round trip) for five weeks and the monks there guarantee she will be ghost free by the end. To me, it is more a demonstration of the power of belief rather than proof of the supernatural. I just think my wife is menopausal. To her however, the ghost is a clear and present danger and if she does not do what she must, she will die.

Where i come from, the Aborigines have a similar thing where a bone is pointed and unless reparation is made to the pointer, the pointee wastes away and dies. Once again, a demonstration of the power of belief, not proof of the occult. I go along with it because I see how she improves after each visit. And if anyone here has lived with a menopausal spouse, they will agree that anything that works is worth doing. The Cambodian lady has made a lucrative profession out of extorting the gullible; however, the word here is the police are on to her and her hexing days are numbered. They have her mobile number from when she rang her previous victims in our village last month to re threaten. We have since changed her sim card. True story this but I aint afraid of no ghost but she is. Good luck on your search for the reality of it.

Hi guys,

I am Hugo a 36yr older from Spain and not exactly new to the site. I have never posted anything but I have been lurking for information here since I came to LOS. In the beginning I just googled for the info and since always (or almost) I ended up in this site, I just started looking for the info in the site directly.

I have been living for good in Thailand for 4 years now and about to marry a Thai lady. She has a son whom I am raising as mine (he is 6 now) and we will soon have finished a new house next to my inlaws in the Isaan area. I have been living in Pathum Thani for 3 years and the first one in Bangkok. Planing to sell the house in Pathum though.

I am not sure I will post much, I am not a really social guy, but I will definitely keep lurking and for all the useful info I have gotten here during the years:

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYBODY.

Hi there Thaivisa Forum Administrator. Thanks for accepting me into the forum. I've just had a quick browse into the different discussion topics. I find it quite interesting and informative. I've heard of this forum before but never get the chance to register until now. I'm a frequent traveller to Thailand and Bangkok is one of my favourites. I was just wondering if any kind soul can recommend me places to go at night i.e. clubbing and sorts. Nothing fancy just looking for some raw deals. Enjoy the drinks and company. I've heard several places but some are already closed i.e. CM2. .. Any recommendations would be most appreciated. Thanks all. Have a good one. Cheers

Hi just joined forum having tried others I live near Krasang Buriram province. I am married to thai and have lived here for four years. I come from England originally but lived and worked in Hong Kong for 15 years before retiring Hope to make contact with like minded contacts

Hi!

Lived here for 4 years - joined mainly for the useful information in the Biking Forum and for the info on Visas.

I'm in Bangkok so I hope to see some other Members in the Thai Visa Bar.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Been living in Thailand for 3 years now with my Thai wife and our son. Read postings on a variety of topics every so often.

Being an Asian living in Australia for much of my life, I hope I can offer a different perspective on many subjects.

Thanks!!

Edited by Bkkmal

Hi

I joined this forum several years ago when I do some research about visa and others for my ex. After that I barely check anything here. Just come back this year, apology.

I am Thai, female, 47 married to American Citizen and this month will be our first anniversary, oh yeah.

Living in Chiangmai for a month now. Hopefully we (especially my husband) can make some friends here (means in person)

I've found that this website is very helpful. If I've knew something which could help others, I'll yell

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

• Like 1

Hi

I joined this forum several years ago when I do some research about visa and others for my ex. After that I barely check anything here. Just come back this year, apology.

I am Thai, female, 47 married to American Citizen and this month will be our first anniversary, oh yeah.

Living in Chiangmai for a month now. Hopefully we (especially my husband) can make some friends here (means in person)

I've found that this website is very helpful. If I've knew something which could help others, I'll yell

Welcome (back?) And congratualations .

Sure yr man can find his way to the plenty of horeca places in CM. Gonna be not too hard to meet people there and make friends

Myself on the border from lao ,, mukdaharn have no trouble to meet people

Edited by retell

Hi

Sure yr man can find his way to the plenty of horeca places in CM. Gonna be not too hard to meet people there and make friends

He is kinda selective when it comes to getting to know people. Perhaps because working in base camp for so many years. But he is civilian.

I have to send him to learn a language I guess :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Welcome all thumbsup.gif ............Yep, it is a good chat/information place to all meet. At times you may read what you don't want to read BUT on the whole you will find answers to those weeeeeeee things facepalm.gif that might be troubling you.........smile.png

• Like 1

Hi

He is kinda selective when it comes to getting to know people. Perhaps because working in base camp for so many years. But he is civilian.

555 a language ,,? Or Thai?

Hi

Opps! Thai language :-p

• Like 1

Hi

Me too have to get more serious with learning Thai , been here so long and know just some basics , however living here up in the sticks my lao/isarn has improved

Hi

Me too have to get more serious with learning Thai , been here so long and know just some basics , however living here up in the sticks my lao/isarn has improved

It's hard to push people to study others language unless they want to. My husband will be 60 next year. I told him he even can learn from youtube. There are many good ones. I think you have to hang out with Thais who can't speak much of English then you will force yourself to learn. Or else, it'll drive you nuts!

Hi

It's hard to push people to study others language unless they want to. My husband will be 60 next year. I told him he even can learn from youtube. There are many good ones. I think you have to hang out with Thais who can't speak much of English then you will force yourself to learn. Or else, it'll drive you nuts!

Found fb page ,,learn thai with mod ,, very clear ,good phoneticts ,and shes cute , maybe a tip

@retell (post #114). A timely, very nice find. 2 girls - Mod and Pear - who can clearly explain what it is they're teaching. I'll start my learning Thai journey with them and maybe shell out for private lessons down the track.

Edited by thaitakeaway

I am said new member, is this where I 'post' a general inquiry?

Well here goes, I live in THA MAKA Kanchananburi Province.

I am looking for an English speaking social group in Kanchananburi, any ideas please.

If I'm doing this wrong, please let me know. Alanzo

Hi

New also, though I've been trying to keep up with the visa saga on here for months.

Forgive me but I'm still confused......

Since the 12 August "crackdown" , can I still - on visa exemptions - do an eight-week visit to SE Asia along the lines of the one I did in Jan-Feb this year.....

(a) Fly into Bangkok from London, armed with return ticket for 58/59 days later but also with confirmed airline tickets for about 21 days later to a nearby country (did Phil last time but would probably do elsewhere this time)

(B) Spend weeks 1, 2 and 3 in Thailand - mainly in/around Nongkhai

© Fly out to nearby country for weeks 4 and 5

(d) Return and spend weeks 6, 7 and 8 in Thailand

(e) Return to UK.

British passport, male, mid-sixties, no matrimonial baggage. Would have required cash on hip. Planning to come out late this year/early next. Not looking to live in Thailand permanently (and certainly not work) but if it all went well could easily become a regular winter visitor in due course.

Guess my concern is that nobody seems to know how long do you have to be "out" of Thailand to avoid the "out/in" stigma. Clearly something more than same day/overnight. Will two weeks away mark me as a bona fide tourist or don't we really know yet?

BTW - if I return to Thailand - step (d) above by a land border, would I get 15 days or 30?

Thanks in advance for any info

I am said new member, is this where I 'post' a general inquiry?

Well here goes, I live in THA MAKA Kanchananburi Province.

I am looking for an English speaking social group in Kanchananburi, any ideas please.

If I'm doing this wrong, please let me know. Alanzo

Nope , on the top of the screen , go to forums , and in there you will find the general topics also

Hi

New also, though I've been trying to keep up with the visa saga on here for months.

Forgive me but I'm still confused......

Since the 12 August "crackdown" , can I still - on visa exemptions - do an eight-week visit to SE Asia along the lines of the one I did in Jan-Feb this year.....

(a) Fly into Bangkok from London, armed with return ticket for 58/59 days later but also with confirmed airline tickets for about 21 days later to a nearby country (did Phil last time but would probably do elsewhere this time)

(B) Spend weeks 1, 2 and 3 in Thailand - mainly in/around Nongkhai

© Fly out to nearby country for weeks 4 and 5

(d) Return and spend weeks 6, 7 and 8 in Thailand

(e) Return to UK.

British passport, male, mid-sixties, no matrimonial baggage. Would have required cash on hip. Planning to come out late this year/early next. Not looking to live in Thailand permanently (and certainly not work) but if it all went well could easily become a regular winter visitor in due course.

Guess my concern is that nobody seems to know how long do you have to be "out" of Thailand to avoid the "out/in" stigma. Clearly something more than same day/overnight. Will two weeks away mark me as a bona fide tourist or don't we really know yet?

BTW - if I return to Thailand - step (d) above by a land border, would I get 15 days or 30?

Thanks in advance for any info

Hi , better ask this question in the visa forum
  • Like 1

Hi guys, just joined today and so far have found some interesting and helpful comments, but am still navigating the forums etc.

I have a random question

I saw a forum today about domestic flights referring to people using their thai drivers licenses as ID

I have an Aussie drivers license and and international permit

Is there some kind of benefit of having a Thai drivers license? I wasn't going to bother but maybe there is something I am missing?

Cheers