PCAD Threatens Krabi Airport Seizure

Lite Beer

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Smart move by the stupid southern thugs. Not that any of them educated thugs work in the tourist sector, but just news like this will cause people to cancel trips to Krabi. The government may appreciate this now those planning to go to Krabi will go to Chaing Mai or other Issan cities.

Can you tell me where is good to visit in Issan cities? Sincerely I would like to visit that area but have no idea where and how to go?

I could tell you where to go.

Ahl rite ar kid...........( sorry about the phonetics...)

Nice one.

After Issan perhaps he should have a look at Penny Lane.

Smart move by the stupid southern thugs. Not that any of them educated thugs work in the tourist sector, but just news like this will cause people to cancel trips to Krabi. The government may appreciate this now those planning to go to Krabi will go to Chaing Mai or other Issan cities.

Can you tell me where is good to visit in Issan cities? Sincerely I would like to visit that area but have no idea where and how to go?

Ahl rite ar kid...........( sorry about the phonetics...)

Nice one.

After Issan perhaps he should have a look at Penny Lane.

Na. Sevvy park after 11... ;)

-mel.

• Like 1

Time for the government to look at temporary detention centres to deal with these hooligans

They'd have to be big, sort of like concentration camps, but there's plenty of room out by the airport. What's Thai for Stalag Luft?

• Like 1

Just sit back, relax, have a few beers and watch the fireworks!!!!!!!!!!!

This ought to be very interesting in the coming days, weeks, months and years.

I just wish that humble, rational people could replace the arrogance that is so pervasive in this society.

After all, it's really hard to lose face or save face when they wear so many different faces in the first place.

It is time for the masses of good people to jump on board and propel the pendulum to swing to the other side.

Enough of this extremely boring soap opera of corrupt, arrogant, selfish and awful people on all sides who are destroying the society. Unfortunately, the best way is to let the current elected government to play out and then campaign vigorously for change!!

Closing down airports, malls, intersections, public transport, utilities, hospital routes and similar venues is equivalent to committing an act of terror against the state. Most civil societies would never allow these types of heinous crimes to go on and on without any ending in sight. Burning down malls, crashing resort hotels and breaking up international forums, marching with weapons, and such antics are equally, if not much worse antics.

The new marketing slogan is "Despicable Thailand", NOT "Amazing Thailand". They lost the right to use that slogan a long time ago. Pull it back together and find some peaceful compromise out of this pending disaster.

Just sit back, relax, have a few beers and watch the fireworks!!!!!!!!!!!

This ought to be very interesting in the coming days, weeks, months and years.

I just wish that humble, rational people could replace the arrogance that is so pervasive in this society.

After all, it's really hard to lose face or save face when they wear so many different faces in the first place.

It is time for the masses of good people to jump on board and propel the pendulum to swing to the other side.

Enough of this extremely boring soap opera of corrupt, arrogant, selfish and awful people on all sides who are destroying the society. Unfortunately, the best way is to let the current elected government to play out and then campaign vigorously for change!!

Closing down airports, malls, intersections, public transport, utilities, hospital routes and similar venues is equivalent to committing an act of terror against the state. Most civil societies would never allow these types of heinous crimes to go on and on without any ending in sight. Burning down malls, crashing resort hotels and breaking up international forums, marching with weapons, and such antics are equally, if not much worse antics.

The new marketing slogan is "Despicable Thailand", NOT "Amazing Thailand". They lost the right to use that slogan a long time ago. Pull it back together and find some peaceful compromise out of this pending disaster.

Better than burning them or running amok through them terrorising patients.

Time for the government to look at temporary detention centres to deal with these hooligans

They'd have to be big, sort of like concentration camps, but there's plenty of room out by the airport. What's Thai for Stalag Luft?

Yes, good idea. Not like a concentration camp though. Rajamangala Stadium would be fine. Rice and water for a month until the election is over. It would do them good.,

• Like 1

Take a look at the picture in the OP!!w00t.gif

Middleclass Thais in a peaceful protest?? More like rent a mob from the south.

And can someone please explain to me, how killing the countrys tourist industry is going to eradicate corruption??

And as for the PAD not being involved?? Look at the guys headbans!

Stupid, stupid pawns for not realising, that they are being used!!coffee1.gif

I am sure that Gen Prem and Sondhi Limthongkul are sharing a few good laughs during their round of golf today!!

Not long ago all posted it is the rich elite...do they look like rich elite? Than other posted it is only the bangkok middle class. Do they look like Bangkok middle class?

The south is furious against Thaksin and what happened at the rubber price demonstrations made it even worse. You don't need to rent a mob in the south

We were going to go to Ban Krut but around 400 so called rubber farmers from the deep south beat us to it.

Rent a mob they were throwing pingpong bombs filled with acid at the local police, attacking the press and burning their van, planting 2 bombs at the local headmen's homes.

All the other rubber farmers accepted the governments offer but not these and who was their landlord?

Oh yes these are the pawns of the elite.

In the picture they are all youths. Vocational students anyone?

• Like 1

And can someone please explain to me, how killing the countrys tourist industry is going to eradicate corruption??

I am sure that Gen Prem and Sondhi Limthongkul are sharing a few good laughs during their round of golf today!!

Were you ever young? All modern protests all full of outraged youth, the future leaders in most other countries. By the way I can only see two guys wearing head bands, can you tell us what they say as i,m sure many readers haven,t a clue either.

Red press sympathizers spinning fear with intent to further aggravate the situation. Many quotes from PCAD have perhaps been taken out of context. We all know on the 13th of January, proposed road closures in Bangkok could indirectly cause the cancellation of flights or even an Airport to close.This is nothing new. I dare say, ‘Khaosod English’ have been using ‘Google Translate’ to interpret Mr Detchart quote from Thai to English. For example, at the end of one critical quote used, they had the audacity to misspell his name as ‘Dechart’ instead of ‘Detchart’. If Khaosod English were ever challenged in a potential defamation case they would perhaps most likely say, as part of their defense, “ohh sorry lost in translation due to misspelling and misunderstanding”. Perhaps ignorance with respect to lack of education is a useful tactical technical defense in Thailand.

Edited by MK1

Yes, good idea. Not like a concentration camp though. Rajamangala Stadium would be fine. Rice and water for a month until the election is over. It would do them good.,

, the OP is about what may or may not happen to Krabi airport in the future, which hasn,t happened yet or are you hoping it happens. for your love of Thailand.

Not long ago all posted it is the rich elite...do they look like rich elite? Than other posted it is only the bangkok middle class. Do they look like Bangkok middle class?

The south is furious against Thaksin and what happened at the rubber price demonstrations made it even worse. You don't need to rent a mob in the south

the South was furious against Thaksin from the moment he was elected, I couldn't believe my ears when that happened 13 years ago.

• Like 1

Right... don't need to rent a mob as they all are....

• Like 1

Red press sympathizers spinning fear with intent to further aggravate the situation. Many quotes from PCAD have perhaps been taken out of context. We all know on the 13th of January, proposed road closures in Bangkok could indirectly cause the cancellation of flights or even an Airport to close.This is nothing new. I dare say, ‘Khaosod English’ have been using ‘Google Translate’ to interpret Mr Detchart quote from Thai to English. For example, at the end of one critical quote used, they had the audacity to misspell his name as ‘Dechart’ instead of ‘Detchart’. If Khaosod English were ever challenged in a potential defamation case they would perhaps most likely say, as part of their defense, “ohh sorry lost in translation due to misspelling and misunderstanding”. Perhaps ignorance with respect to lack of education is a useful tactical technical defense in Thailand.

You really think Thai care about you speaking only one language , 555, its not a misunderstanding , but its time you understand it !

how killing the countrys tourist industry is going to eradicate corruption??

But that is because the country is now so over reliant on tourism.

One thing that really upsets me is the overdevelopment and systematic ruination of Thailand's natural beauty over the last ten yrs.

Koh Lipe, as an example.

Thailand's over reliance on tourists has lead to greed, corruption, huge damage to the environment and wildlife and also more danger for travellers.

Perfect timing. Please shut down Phuket airport too so that the tourists from the high season need to stay here and our hotels and restaurants owners would be very busy. Perhaps they would buy properties here during the airport shutdown too. The weather here is very good indeed, please stay here and don't leave.

Send Farangs and Chinese home! Close the airport!!

Last minute news for you in case you did not notice:

In spite of all the assembly plants owned by Ford, Toyota, Honda, etc. Thailand does not have a single car designed, built, sold and bought by Thais and you want foreign investment to get out of Thailand too?

Xenophobia!!!

You probably like to enforce the 12 Mandates of 1938 decreed by Pibunsongkran.

I have news for you: if the airports are closed, hotels will have to close, bars and restaurants will close, ancillary services and factories such as companies that make rear view mirrors, beer, linen and cleaning services, bar girls, and thousands of Thais that work for cheap in all areas related to industry and tourism will be sacked. No job, no money to feed the family. Tourism alone is between 6 to 8 % of GDP.

I can see that you love Thailand... You would like to see Thailand go into the toilet with your bile and Xenophobia.

Very good post!!clap2.gif

But you are asking the impossible here. You are trying to get a Thai to connect the dots!!coffee1.gif

The red ashirt supporters are just hilarious to watch. I think they get all their ideas from Thai soap operas.cheesy.gif

the protestors say

Such measures include shutting down of roads, highways, or even airport, according to Mr. Detchart, adding that the shutdown would only be temporary in order to ease the impact on commuters and tourists.

and the red shirt posters have them shutting the tourist industry down completely and putting forth hypothetical situations and expect Thais who have more to do with there lives than answer idiotic hypothetical questions.

I like the poster who explained all by blaming it on google translation. Obviously has never tried to translate some thing with Google.

Not saying I back them as I feel they are about as useless as the red shirt clowns we have here in Chiang Mai.

If any of them want to do some thing that would count go to Bangkok that is where the government is and all they think about.

These outlying areas will not be listened to.

Keep up the Milton Berle comedy hour Fellows and Gals.clap2.gif

Besides Krabi airport I would suggest to these yellow funny guys to shut down the whole south and starve themselves to death... Not forgetting to invite Suthep and the Dems to join the festivities, of course biggrin.png

In the meantime the majority of the people will go back to their normal lives, together with the government that they elected democratically (a few times already)...

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just dripping with the milk of human kindness aren't you.

I might be wrong but I think he wants an intelligent answer.

• Like 1

Red press sympathizers spinning fear with intent to further aggravate the situation. Many quotes from PCAD have perhaps been taken out of context. We all know on the 13th of January, proposed road closures in Bangkok could indirectly cause the cancellation of flights or even an Airport to close.This is nothing new. I dare say, Khaosod English have been using Google Translate to interpret Mr Detchart quote from Thai to English. For example, at the end of one critical quote used, they had the audacity to misspell his name as Dechart instead of Detchart. If Khaosod English were ever challenged in a potential defamation case they would perhaps most likely say, as part of their defense, ohh sorry lost in translation due to misspelling and misunderstanding. Perhaps ignorance with respect to lack of education is a useful tactical technical defense in Thailand.

You really think Thai care about you speaking only one language , 555, its not a misunderstanding , but its time you understand it !

This is not about Thais caring if foreigners understand it or not.

This is about Thais translating Thai to English but translating it in a way that it makes it misunderstood.

Get it? If you can't speak English, then hire someone to translate it to English - or don't translate it at all.

He justified the possible seizure of these public transports by claiming that the election cannot go ahead as called by Ms. Yingluck because Thailand needs a drastic "reform" before any election can take place; PCAD leaders have demanded that an unelected "People′s Council" be established to implement "reforms" deemed necessary by the group.

Just smells of a tantrum, to me.

• Like 1

Seizing the airports is a bad move and I think Suthep knows that, I don't think he would tell people to do so...

And you really believe that don't you?

He had no involvement in the last airport occupation is that correct?

Seizing the airports is a bad move and I think Suthep knows that, I don't think he would tell people to do so...

And you really believe that don't you?

He had no involvement in the last airport occupation is that correct?

As long as it is to gain power and overthrow democracy to pave the way to his (own) "people's council" (with himself as a head of.... (Whatever that might be)), Suthep will consider every option.

And since his yellow thugs have quite a bit of experience when it comes to airport seizure, I would not be surprised to see a few of these "paralized" too...

I guess that the beautiful well groomed old ladies with a classy hairstyle supporting Suthep will chose to occupy Suvarnabhumi. It's more comfortable than the old Don Muang :)

Some fun coming for sure...

To send Thailand into chaos is what he wants anyway...

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by gerry1011