American involved in knife incident at Central Pattaya Plaza

webfact

I would guess our friend from South Carolina will learn that there are worse places than home.

I.m sorry, I read both accounts and I can't find anywhere that says he is from South Carolina..........for my sanity,please show me where that information is:

facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif

He was born there according to his passport. My passport says I was born in a place I never lived so no we don't really have confirmed information about where his home is. Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What ever happened... I find Thailand very racist towards "blacks" in general...

The Thais have had this little saying for years, started when the Vietnam war was on, when there were many soldiers of African descent on R & R; "black skin black heart".

Asked 4 Thai people about this saying today and they all said it's complete rubbish. Never heard it among their friends or from their parents or their grandparents. You shouldn't make stuff like this up to support your own agenda; it's dangerous.

Man walks into a hole in the wall shop at 9am(look how small her shop is), but he's just another tourist window shopper. Woman gets fed up with the man playing with the items, she approaches him, speaks to him rudely, "you buy? you no buy, then get out"(or something of a similar nature). Man then gets angry, probably says "<deleted>", woman understands, voices get raised, husband appears and tries the usual Thai boxing moves on the man, our man gets a bit frightened pulls out his cheap Chinese switch blade and tells the pair to back off. Then the truth is that the tourist didn't touch her inappropriately, he was simply pushing the crazy woman away from him as she was trying to either claw or scratch his face while the husband was attacking him from another side. Anyone who has lived here for a short time knows Thais fight in "packs", especially against foreigners because they are extremely xenophobic when things go nasty. Tourist is angry, takes pictures, doesn't run away, waits for the cops to come so he can make a complaint.

But bad luck for the tourist, before he can say anything woman lies to the police, claims molestation, husband of course agrees. So man gets arrested, he doesn't understand Thai, he's lost. So next step, woman continues the complaint says man must go to jail but then police and woman agree money is better. Then woman demands a big wad of 1,000 baht notes, police then threaten man, pay up or go to jail for a long time. Embassy arrive, warn the tourist that no way he can win, the game is rigged, so advise him to shut up about innocence and negotiate, then pay them and go home. Man pays, woman and police share the money.

This has happened so many times over the years, its just another Thai trick or threat game. A lone tourist who has no witnesses to back his side of the story up. Another victim fleeced in the land of scams.

Better and more reasonable than he got all riled up from looking at sexy trinkets at 49 years old and @ 9 am in the morning that he just had to have some sex right now in broad daylight with an ugly broad.

I am with you Hawk. Your story makes more sense.

Edited by DeeMockMark

What ever happened... I find Thailand very racist towards "blacks" in general...

The Thais have had this little saying for years, started when the Vietnam war was on, when there were many soldiers of African descent on R & R; "black skin black heart".

Asked 4 Thai people about this saying today and they all said it's complete rubbish. Never heard it among their friends or from their parents or their grandparents. You shouldn't make stuff like this up to support your own agenda; it's dangerous.

Agreed there is an agenda of guilt for past actions mitigated by creating a certain reality of justification. Simple.

I'm confused - and a bit heart-broken I must admit. Here we have a thread about a black American supposedly attacking an elderly Thai female shop-keeper with a small flip-knife. And NOT ONE OF YOU have uttered the words "The last nail in the coffin for Thai Tourism". I need to hear this guys, 3 times a week at least. This comment - to any news of any sort, is what makes me feel at home here. Surrealism equals safe and sound for me. Guess that is not happening anymore and I will have to do as y'all and check out Prozac?

This incident will for sure be "The last nail in the coffin for Thai tourism" thumbsup.gif !!

• Like 1

Actually it is not rubbish or made up by me, it arose during the Vietnam war when many American black soldiers came here on R & R, many would cause all sorts of bother while on leave, fighting (cheating) with the Thais and fighting with the white American soldiers. At that time whites and blacks didn't mix, so fights would happen when the groups bumped into each other, so military police cruised the streets most of the night, one Thai soldier + one white American soldier both carrying loaded weapons riding in jeeps.

The Black soldiers were unpopular because they would simply take what they wanted, especially from street vendors, they often refused to pay for the bar girl's services, etc, etc. because they were only here for a few days they went wild.

I have no agenda so you are the dangerous one, as arrogance and ignorance are very dangerous.

I do not know where all this black nonsense comes from ,i have a black friend ,he never has any problems ,ok some people are predujuced ,it happens the world over against other nations people ,some Thais hate white people ,,posters on here keep going on its about his colour ,that has nothing ,i repeat nothing to do with the original story ,its a tourist pulls a knife and assaults a woman ,thats it end of it ,NOTHING ABOUT HIS COLOUR. so for Gods sake drop it.

I do not know where all this black nonsense comes from ,i have a black friend ,he never has any problems ,ok some people are predujuced ,it happens the world over against other nations people ,some Thais hate white people ,,posters on here keep going on its about his colour ,that has nothing ,i repeat nothing to do with the original story ,its a tourist pulls a knife and assaults a woman ,thats it end of it ,NOTHING ABOUT HIS COLOUR. so for Gods sake drop it.

That +1

And obviously a lot of posters on TV hate Asians. Great to see the biggest bigots accusing Thais of being racist..........

,its a tourist pulls a knife and assaults a woman ,thats it end of it ,NOTHING ABOUT HIS COLOUR. so for Gods sake drop it.

Actually the headline should read, "Thai shop owners assault tourist, tourist pulls out knife in self defense".

Off topic posts removed, Everyone is sick of reading on this topic about race or colour the topic title is:

American involved in knife incident at Central Pattaya Plaza

Next poster to even hint at it goes on holiday.

• Like 1

,its a tourist pulls a knife and assaults a woman ,thats it end of it ,NOTHING ABOUT HIS COLOUR. so for Gods sake drop it.

Actually the headline should read, "Thai shop owners assault tourist, tourist pulls out knife in self defense".

Why ? that is not what is reported .

I would guess our friend from South Carolina will learn that there are worse places than home.

Do you know Mr.Harris well enough to know what state he hails from?whistling.gif

His passport states that he was born somewhere in South Carolina.
Unless you're one of those U.S. government (90-day rotation) expat "pretenders", how would YOU have access to his passport information? Huh? whistling.gif

Actually Mr.Harris has the physique of the West African (probably Nigerian) genome. His "skin" COLOUR is obvious. There are many British citizens with the exact same features. Back to the topic. The story smacks of typical Thai Negrophobia.

Why ? that is not what is reported .

Obviously we will never know the true story.

Either the guy is a bit nuts or thinks all women in Pattaya are whores to fondle and he made a mistake. When she went crazy on him maybe he pulled a knife and maybe her husband was there and maybe lots of things.

Or, maybe she is an <deleted> who doesn't like certain people including those who browse or make funny comments at 9 AM and she pulled the knife not him.

We just don't know because both stories are believable.

Why do black people always use the "racist" card ,no one has mentioned his colour it is immaterial.

What a foolish respond, I'm "white" and what I found to be is just a fact. If you want an easy example; Thai want to be more white and say it is beautiful. I tell them no it is fashion and you can be beautiful either way.
  • Like 1

Do you know Mr.Harris well enough to know what state he hails from?whistling.gif

His passport states that he was born somewhere in South Carolina.
Unless you're one of those U.S. government (90-day rotation) expat "pretenders", how would YOU have access to his passport information? Huh? whistling.gif

I often wonder how people such as yourself even manage to obtain a passport in the first place, so I strongly suspect someone helped you, in order to get rid of you.

• Like 1

I guess that we have read upper is the vendors version.

Did somebody know the version of the "farang"?

I would like to hear what he says about it.

What were happen if the American did not bear a knife ?
Probably then there were no news.

It should be as usual, thai vendors got angry with a farang who is looking and asking for long
time without buying anything. And start a scuffle with the result of some of them lightly/medium injured.

First thing I have to say is I think it is a mistake to bear a knife even if you justify is for self defense, everywhere and for everyone, not only in Thailand.

We already know how usually thais are. They got no any customer service skill. They just seat there and wait for the money. It is quite easy to get in a trouble like that.

I was not there, but is like if were there. I have in my mind images of several similar cases ( without me showing the knife ) that have happen to me.

You are asking for prices or just looking and they are getting more impatient.

I have had many discussions and I suffered myself many times a rude treatment from thai vendors, and I always I left the place with anger and feeling amazed of how stupid can be some people here.

Many people just let the situation pass because they don't want problems, but I have been experienced myself how impatient and unfriendly can turn out thais when they got angry.

That's why, excepting the knife showing, I can perfectly understand that man who did not want to being pissed off of the shop by impatient vendors.

• Like 1