Army: Tanks Are For Children's Day, Not Coup

Lite Beer

If Thai Children′s Day is celebrated on the second Saturday of the year, how does it fall on Friday the 10th this year?

They will be moving in to place on Friday 9th, ready for Children's Day on Saturday 10th.

Again, Friday is the 10th, and Saturday is the 11th.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tanks are for Children's Day - with the way that these politicians and the "color" people are behaving, we all know who the real children are. I can also further guess that these tanks are getting ready for the Children's Day (massacre), meaning 13-January, when tanks will roll out to shut these idiots out. Wishful thinking is they will blast away at both yellow and red and hopefully, also taking the remaining PTP and Democrates with them. Then, Thailand can really start the re-building process!

At least the Army is the only one honest about their intention in Thailand!

Nurse! Nurse! Someone's left his door open again crazy.gif

• Like 1

I'm glad they are still setting this up for the weekend.

My sons love it. They get to climb all over tanks and

helicopters and stuff themselves with free goodies.

A great day out for the family every year.

I've gotta disagree man...

So what would be a great day out for the family? Getting drunk?

I'm glad they are still setting this up for the weekend.

My sons love it. They get to climb all over tanks and

helicopters and stuff themselves with free goodies.

A great day out for the family every year.

I've gotta disagree man...

So what would be a great day out for the family? Getting drunk?

Don't be absurd...

Tanks and artillery for Children's Day! What could be more perverse? Perhaps they should show graphic vids of what battle tanks and such do to towns and human flesh.

Or should we wrap them in bubble wrap and give them candy all day and not let them see the world as it really is?

Really, there are tank and war museums all around the world that serve to act as an educational tool and reminder to everyone what our countrymen (and I mean all countries) have done for us in the past wars, is this perverse also, I don't think so!

Maybe you should stick to what your screen name says you do best buddy.

Tanks and artillery for Children's Day! What could be more perverse? Perhaps they should show graphic vids of what battle tanks and such do to towns and human flesh.

I can remeber when a tank came to my kindergarten for a party day, fundraiser, birthday or something.

It was AWESOME.

I think I was out of kindy but my brother. 3 years younger was there....

This was 1979 in Australia

Wonder how many tanks they actually need to keep the kids amused??!! Any more than 3 and it's a coup!!!!

What are they actually trying to teach the kids?? - that tanks are good fun to play with?? Just asking!!!!

No, it's to teach the kids when they see one that a coup is coming.

Yes, it is called "Guilt by Association"

If Thai Children′s Day is celebrated on the second Saturday of the year, how does it fall on Friday the 10th this year?

Think about the precedent made. What's to stop rescheduling army day to the 13th now? thumbsup.gif

Or even moving Christmas and Easter a week ahead here..

"children are invited to ride on tanks or jet fighters"

How on earth can a jet fighter give a 'ride' to a child, do they strap them to the weapons-pods under the wings, or sit on the pilot's lap, or what ! blink.pngrolleyes.gif

I am sure that they can squeeze in 4-5 kids on the pilots lap without any safety belts, I have seen 3 kids and 3 adults on a Honda dream motorbike, so 4-5 kids should be no problem for a Gripen or F-16 jet. This is the land of possibilities!

• Like 1

I remember as a child in Australia visiting Australian ships and Aircraft Carriers and have a memory of as about a 6 year old ascending from the bowels of the HMAS Melbourne on the aircraft lift. US Ships on their visits were alway open and welcoming and I have sat as a child in many aircraft and helicopters and enjoyed hearing stories about flying them from the airment detailed to each plane. I am not sure who enjoyed them most, The kids or the military personel many of whom were far from their own children.

Here they do one better. I understand they provide flights for many lucky children in helicopters and cargo aircraft.

There were tanks and APCs available to but a ride in the back of a Saracen or a DUCK did not make up for sitting in the hot seat of a Phantom.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1