Singapore Airlines A380 plane in emergency landing

Maestro

Let me guess ; you re american and proud of US company...

However EADS and its Airbus 380 busted Boeing on the match versus the dreamliner

Without US technology and manufacturing there would be no Airbus.

"For the production of its jetliners, Airbus spends 42 percent of its aircraft-related procurement in the U.S. – buying more parts, components, tooling and other material from the United States than any other country. Workers in more than 40 states help build Airbus aircraft, supporting 226,000 high-quality jobs across the U.S. Airbus is the largest export customer for the United States aerospace industry." Link

Well if we need to play that game who invented the jet engine???

Further to this rather silly game it would appear that the Dreamliner is not even a US made plane as Boeing has outsourced, according to some sources (see below), at least two thirds of its manufacturing overseas, largely to Japan, continuing and accentuating the trend seen with the B767 and B777.

In the world of globalisation few things are what they seem to be....

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/boeing-goes-to-pieces/

And that's why the B787 is having so many issues I presume?...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/01/18/is-outsourcing-to-blame-for-boeings-787-woes/

Boeing lost its way, and for the 787 they were allowed to be their own certification organ. The result was sub- optimal

I have absolute confidence in the engineers and designers of Airbus and Boeing. Also in the manufacturing process.

Give me that over dealing with rush hour in bkk (or Los Angeles) or one of these overnight bus rides in TL ANYDAY!blink.png

In life Shi*t happens. Its how we deal with it that defines us.

If it was me, I'd kiss the ground as soon as i got off, and then catch my connecting flight w00t.gif

In closing let me say, I'm glad that no one was hurt. (knock on wood)

Let me guess ; you re american and proud of US company...

However EADS and its Airbus 380 busted Boeing on the match versus the dreamliner

Without US technology and manufacturing there would be no Airbus.

"For the production of its jetliners, Airbus spends 42 percent of its aircraft-related procurement in the U.S. – buying more parts, components, tooling and other material from the United States than any other country. Workers in more than 40 states help build Airbus aircraft, supporting 226,000 high-quality jobs across the U.S. Airbus is the largest export customer for the United States aerospace industry." Link

Well if we need to play that game who invented the jet engine???

Dr. Hans von Ohain, a German. Link

From that article...

"Dr. Hans von Ohain and Sir Frank Whittle are both recognized as being the co-inventors of the jet engine."

• Like 1

Why won´t me all be friends and find a compromise?

French, Brits, Germans and later Americans ALL contributed a lot the modern world, we´re all great cowboy.gif

There were many american planes that weren´t safe too or had some incidents before they became safe and reliable planes. But overall US birds are great machines......Except DC10´s

Airbus doesn´t produce crap planes either, they are state of the art and are build to be foolproof due to permanetly assisting flight computers. Unfortunately the intention to reduce human errors with more computers was also the reason for some accidens of Airbus. Incidents happend because of the complicated and sometimes confuseing Airbus flight computer systems, that´s true. And many pilots were´t trained properly or didn´t fully understand what happend with the plane because they didn´t know why or how the plane tried to rescuse itself. Also Airbus made the mistake of not bulidng all planes in the same way (layout) as the old ones, when new technology was availabe they just used it and the cockpit design and everything was different from other models, more confusion, even for experiencend pilots. Airbuses are great, safe, reliable but can be tricky if a pilot doesn´t know his plane inside out Source: Friend of mine, Lufthansa Pilot smile.png

The A380 still is an impressive piece of human ingenuity and for now the most advanced plane in the skies. It has faults yes, but i´m almost sure it will become something like the 747, wasn´t perfect too at first.

Edited by I knew this would happen
  • Like 1

I'd like to inject something here for the sides queuing up to debate Boeing/Airbus or US versus Euro innovation.

To us, the general public, it is to our advantage if both Boeing and Airbus remain viable. Prior to Airbus there was really only Boeing for jumbo jets for a long period of time. Lack of competition is not good. Boeing had no external reason to develop new technologies when they owned the market. Now they are forced to innovate as fast as they can to retain market share. Having Boeing pushed by Airbus (or vice versa) is good for the flying public.

Sky had an interesting report on the nascent Chinese commercial aircraft industry this morning.