'Bangkok shutdown' focuses on 7 significant areas

webfact

'Bangkok shutdown' focuses on 7 significant areas
By Digital Content

13890602081885.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 7 – The “Bangkok shutdown” on January 13 will zero in on seven major locations in the capital, according to protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban.

The rank and file of the anti-government People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) are anxiously counting the days to seize the capital, while Mr Suthep stood firm that the Bangkok paralysis will only slightly impact the economy, not by billions of baht as claimed by the government.

He said the PDRC will disassemble the stage and rally site on Ratchdamnoen Avenue on January 13 and disperse at seven spots in Bangkok.

The Government Complex on Chaeng Wattana Road, one of the seven spots, will be blocked to bar civil servants from reporting for work.

Other rally sites will be at Lat Phrao intersection which will be operated by Rangsit and Kasetsart universities and joined by Northern and Northeastern people, Victory Monument, Pathumwan intersection by Chulalongkorn University, Lumpini Park by Silom business group, Asoke intersection by Srinakharinwirot University and National Institute of Development Administration, and Ratchaprasong by Dr Seri Wongmontha and entertainment personalities.

Mr Suthep gave assurances that Suvarnabhumi airport and transport terminals will not be sealed off, and all public transportation services will be operated as usual.

He lashed out at Justice Minister Chaikasem Nitisiri for threatening to take legal action against protesters who take to the streets to occupy the capital.

Mr Chaikasem warned people who joined the massive demonstrations of violating the law but Mr Suthep said the citywide PDRC rallies will be in accord with people’s fundamental rights.

Mr Suthep and PDRC leaders will make another warm-up march in Thonburi today to encourage people to occupy Bangkok’s streets on Monday. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-01-07

"He lashed out at Justice Minister Chaikasem Nitisiri for threatening to take legal action against protesters who take to the streets to occupy the capital."

The Reds did it in 2010, so we have to be allowed to do it in 2014, although we heavily complained back in 2010, that no one was taking legal actions against...oh, what the f@#$....

Guys look at the situation seriously. This has been going on for the past 2 months, has anything really changed? There has been shootings, murders, arson, burnings, a lot of people have lost their jobs because they have opted to join the anti-government movement in the name of change, what change, if I may ask? u still have the same government, and after the voting has been completed, you will still have the same government.

Do you really think that Jan 13 will be the final push to overthrow the government? after so many promises in the past of final pushes?, or will there be other promises of the "Final Push" Have u ever thought of the after effects if after the 13th Jan, when to your dismay u find that nothing has changed? What are u going to do with your lives? will u still be able to walk as free men, will u still have your job/ business to go back to? or will u have a life behind the bars of a prison? think before u act.

Too old for multi-tasking and TIT4TAT helpline busy

Well folks here's the rub

Asked by Mia Annoy in the tub

She'd sure like like to focus

On the best ruckus locus

So tell me where's the HUB?bah.gif

Edited by RubbaJohnny

Yeah, what happened to the 20? Hmmmm

He is losing support and no longer has the numbers to cover all.

And why didn't the Great Peoples' Revolution take place on the 2nd, as our Dear Leader promised before the New Year holiday?

Nobody turn up for the party?

Could it be that the more mature and intelligent crowd have started to realise that He is a bufoon, and the only ones left are the "student" thugs who are always ready for a good old punch-up?

A photograph is circulating on social media of a whiteboard at Suthep Thaugsuban's anti-democracy whistle mob HQ which apparently reveals very sinister plans for the January 13 Bangkok "shutdown". Here is the an enhanced version with an English translation added.

1450256_10152132693766154_491665400_n.jp

• Like 1

A photograph is circulating on social media of a whiteboard at Suthep Thaugsuban's anti-democracy whistle mob HQ which apparently reveals very sinister plans for the January 13 Bangkok "shutdown". Here is the an enhanced version with an English translation added.

Tbh I'm skeptical. But there's nothing on the board that particularly surprises, except the plans to close airport and BTS. They'd be the give away that it's faked for propaganda purposes. On the other hand, what does it all amount to if they only shut down a few streets? Maybe those are the 'nuclear' options? Pinch of salt required obviously but it sort of seems realistic.

Terminate Internet Signals... this has to be fake as there will be blood on the streets if Thais can't update their Facebook status or chat with Line...

I tend to agree it may be propaganda, if it was the plan they will most likely change it now. The army has now also made a statement saying the government will be held accountable for any violence on the 13th.

If thats true then this plan may be the straw that breaks the camels back and forces the army to act.

Terminate Internet Signals... this has to be fake as there will be blood on the streets if Thais can't update their Facebook status or chat with Line...

I tend to agree it may be propaganda, if it was the plan they will most likely change it now. The army has now also made a statement saying the government will be held accountable for any violence on the 13th.

If thats true then this plan may be the straw that breaks the camels back and forces the army to act.

"The army has now also made a statement saying the government will be held accountable for any violence on the 13th"

I missed that report, please provide a link to the information...... if you can!

They could change the plan by not shutting down the internet, airport and Siam BTS. Stick with just streets and government buildings... but anyway, apart from the first three, the plan is probably pretty close to reality (what I'd be doing if I were them anyway). Even if the first three are real - why change it? Government have reinforced those places anyway, except maybe the BTS which will be impossible to prevent. Or maybe this is a bluff and they're actually going for somewhere the govt least expect? Except I can't think where that could be. I mean real or fake, those are the obvious things the protesters would try to do...

That, of course, was always Suthep's plan. Realisticly, his waffle about reform before elections was a non-starter, there simply is no way to do it within the present Constitution however much he twists and turns the wording. His only chance now is for the Army to stage yet another coup, and to do that he needs real rioting and bloodshed on the streets to give them the legitimacy to roll out the tanks.

• Like 2

"The army has now also made a statement saying the government will be held accountable for any violence on the 13th"

I missed that report, please provide a link to the information...... if you can!

Err foot in mouth now or after you read the article from head of the thai army and his mum ?

• Like 2

Try looking here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/694793-thai-army-chief-mum-regarding-possible-coup/#entry7258161

Thanks for the link

Why people keep whining and whining about Bangkok's shutdown? What's your problem? You do realize that Suthep's plan is unworkable without support of Bangkokians, don't you? So if Bangkokians want their city to be shut down for a day, so be it. One thing for sure, they didn't want their city burned and turned into battlefield in 2010.