where to buy Xanthan gum or Guar gum

beammeup

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Never seen any though that is of no surprise on Samui. Maybe try health food shops? Xanthan gum is often used as a thickener for those on a gluten free diet.

Actually, starch is a thickener. Gluten is more of a stretchener(?). Makes food stretchy, like gluten. I once made some ice cream and added xanthan gum to the mix to see if I could simulate Dondurma, a stretchy Turkish ice cream. It worked.

Never seen any though that is of no surprise on Samui. Maybe try health food shops? Xanthan gum is often used as a thickener for those on a gluten free diet.

Actually, starch is a thickener. Gluten is more of a stretchener(?). Makes food stretchy, like gluten. I once made some ice cream and added xanthan gum to the mix to see if I could simulate Dondurma, a stretchy Turkish ice cream. It worked.

Awesome.

I just returned from the UK with a selection of gums to play around with.

I am surprised this thread is still alive I found some from an online health food shop in Bangkok. I ordered it online and they shipped it to my home. I can not remember the name of the shop just now. I stopped eating wheat. this stuff is good for baking.

• 1 year later...