Forget hotel

hermit666

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask .....are you a Thai?

The reason I ask, is that you are typing in a similar way to how "Thai" girls speak.....

No disrespect ....or... Insinuation intended

Edited by DD13

I remember my bus number but not my hotels name...can I get a standing ovation for stupidity?

Try to drink bottle of whiskey in the bus from bkk to pattaya. Then you can give standing ovation for yourself.

Edited by hermit666

He have 40,000 baht + passport in there room.

I very much doubt it. If the cleaner hasn't found it by now I'd be amazed. A proper place by now might have mentioned to the police that this guy had disappeared, in which case there might have been some chance they'd have put 2 and 2 together when he went to them with his silly story.

if he used a laptop when booking, the url of the webpage might be still in the browser's history. All he has to do is scrolling back in the history list to the day when he booked and re-open the link.

Better yet, always use Google search while signed in to your Google account, and your search history will be available wherever in the world you are as long as you're logged in.

Of course, there's also something to be said for saving a copy of your booking confirmation e-mail!!

if he used a laptop when booking, the url of the webpage might be still in the browser's history. All he has to do is scrolling back in the history list to the day when he booked and re-open the link.

Better yet, always use Google search while signed in to your Google account, and your search history will be available wherever in the world you are as long as you're logged in.

Of course, there's also something to be said for saving a copy of your booking confirmation e-mail!!

If you read the thread the guy paid in cash so one would assume he was at the physical location. Why would they send an email confirmation ?

<deleted> is email address?

Ok now I know this is a troll post. Why is it still running? It's not April 1st yet is it?

No, I just get pissed off when people talked about email addresses as my friend paid in cash at the hotel. Not booking, sry bad english.

Edited by hermit666

Hire a motocy, and go back to the bus station..

Retrace steps from the bus station to the hotel - best write down the number of the motocy or better take a photo..

When I was about 18 I did a similar thing in Cario, left the hotel without really knowing where it was or its name.

I did manage to find the hotel in 20 minutes, but it made me think.

Ever since then first thing I do when I check-in is grab the hotel's business card and put in my wallet..

always handy for getting a taxi back to your hotel when drunk

Edited by MrTee

Surly the maid would have been it to clean and change the sheets?

After not seeing him and seeing his room has not been used for over a month surly they should report it to the police or immigration?

But then I suppose the filing system down at Soi 9 is a wast paper basket, so even any inquiry may be fruitless unless by chance you can find a officer who may have taken a statement from the hotel, if the hotel took a photo copy of his passport I assume they must register all guests with immigration.

But if it is a small guest house they may be under the radar of immigration and revenue departments, if so going to the authorities may cause big problems for them.

Problem is if he goes to Immigration (or the police) they may think he is an over stayer and they will not let him go until it is sorted out so best he contact his consulate or representative so that at least there is someone who can clearly explain to immigration his story.

Another thing is that if the hotel has reported him missing the authorities may have reported him as missing to his embassy/consulate and there may be many people concerned for his safety so the sooner he contacts his consulate the better.

sry for delay, my laptop kaput and forget passwords.. We paid visit to Immigration on monday and the hotel has not informed police. Officer said it's unacceptable behaviour and they are going to be charged if found. My mate goes BKK today for new passport and flight is in two week. Hopefully we find that damn hotel.

• Like 1

sry for delay, my laptop kaput and forget passwords.. We paid visit to Immigration on monday and the hotel has not informed police. Officer said it's unacceptable behaviour and they are going to be charged if found. My mate goes BKK today for new passport and flight is in two week. Hopefully we find that dam_n hotel.

Still does not make seance...

Do you mean that the hotel has not informed the police of the missing guest, or the hotel did not register the guest with immigration? (I thought Immigration would be more concerned regarding the latter).

Where has your friend being staying for the last month without a passport?

Presume Immigration at Soi 5 has good access to their national database that enabled them to ID your friend and establish he has valid passport and visa.

OK.

First I think we are looking for a Gust House not a Hotel.

Bus 389, Did your friend stay on the the bus until it terminated at foodland Thappharaya Road?

Assuming he did, did he walk, get a taxi or bike to this "Hotel"?

If he walked, approximately haw far did he walk?

how many bars did he pass?

did he walk uphill or down hill?

Assuming he walked down hill did he get as far as the beach?

Ironically, the day after reading this thread, I happened upon a tourist and his wife would have been walking around for hours as they couldn't find their hotel.

I insisted that he let his wife sit and wait whilst I took him around on my motorbike. We found it, eventually.