One killed and over 20 injured in Thai school bus accident

webfact

One killed and over 20 injured in a school bus accident

1-7-2014-10-31-11-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

RAYONG: -- One student was killed and over 20 others were injured when a school bus crashed a road barrier and ploughed downhill into a roadside pineapple plantation in Rayong province Tuesday afternoon.

The dead victim was a Mathayom 1 female student of Chalerm Phrakiat school. The driver of the bus was seriously injured while over 20 students sustained minor injuries.

Pollice said that the school bus was taking the students homes from the school which is located on a hill. While heading downhill, the bus suddenly experienced brake failure and crashed through a road barrier and plunged into the pineapple plantation before it overturned, police added.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-killed-20-injured-school-bus-accident/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-08

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Student dies in Rayong accident
The Nation

30223751-01_big.jpg?1389138934495

RAYONG: -- A pick-up truck carrying about 30 students lost control and crashed into a road barrier in Rayong's Muang district yesterday, killing one and injuring 26 others.

The pick-up truck, carrying students from Srinagarindra the Princess Mother School Rayong, was going downhill when it reportedly had a brake malfunction and crashed into the road barrier before overturning several times and landing in a pineapple plantation at 4.30pm in Na Ta Kwan sub-district.

Police found the body of seventh grader Sukritta Khanthong in the wreckage, while the injured driver Nawarat Laomahong and 25 other students were rushed to hospital.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-01-08

Dreadful. Condolences to the families concerned.

Just look in the picture at how the boy is going to be transported to hospital....pitiful.

That's what they use for EMF why is it pitiful, O forgot not up to those western standards left behind.

• Like 1

Dreadful. Condolences to the families concerned.

Just look in the picture at how the boy is going to be transported to hospital....pitiful.

That's what they use for EMF why is it pitiful, O forgot not up to those western standards left behind.

"That's what they use for EMF why is it pitiful, O forgot not up to those western standards left behind."

Here at Thai Visa unfortunate events like this, or actually any event, is just one more opportunity to bash Thais and Thailand. If only Thailand were just like the paradise the posters came from back in farang utopia (and from which the same whiners fled because they couldn't afford the expense of living in a nanny state).

Yes, well-paid,well-trained drivers of well-maintained vehicles would be nice as would state-of-the-art emergency transport. And, as we all know, back in the west all of these things are "free," if you ignore the burdensome taxes, unchecked fiat currency printing and trillions in debt being used and which will be our special gift for future generations.

In the meantime some sympathy for the family of the deceased child might be nice from all those who consider themselves spokesmen for the advanced western civilized world.

Stuff and nonsense!!

• Like 2

Makes me very sad, our son is in M.3 and I've taught many M.1 kids before. Hope there's a heaven for innocent young people. Rest in peace, young girl.

Hope the others will have a speedy and fully recovery.-wai2.gif

Use lower gears...not a chance. Assuming that the vehicle has a manual rather than automatic transmission, I would bet that most drivers--professional or otherwise--don't shift into a lower gear, but rather into neutral when power is not needed, e.g., when going downhill or when approaching a stop sign. Saves gas, I guess. It's a new and dangerous way of thinking.

Sad sad story my heart goes out to those involved,

But it is to true that to many people drive with little or no respect for safety of them selfs or others. All you need here is some flowers hanging from your mirror and pray for luck and you will be fine there will be no need to drive sensibly.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Poor kid... I've seen up to 25 kids stuffed into a van.

...........and 25 kids hanging loose ON a van.

The bus companies may have a care factor of close to ZERO, but surely the schools should be taking some responsibility how the students get home.

post-157796-0-34475700-1389154409_thumb.

Edited by Radar501

The management of the road systems by both the police and the government has become a total disgrace and even with threats from a Russian Tourist Organisation a few months back absolutely nothing is being done to improve the situation. I live in Rayong myself and the standard of driving here is not only appalling but selfish,lazy and totally out of control> Don't think I have ever seen any sort of controls. What more is there to say!

Poor kid... I've seen up to 25 kids stuffed into a van.

...........and 25 kids hanging loose ON a van.

The bus companies may have a care factor of close to ZERO, but surely the schools should be taking some responsibility how the students get home.

Your pic is the worst case I've ever seen... Amazing that the government wanted trillions for trains and children have to risk their lives to come and go from school. Honestly, they just don't care.

Edited by Local Drunk