Where to buy a helmet?

Jack Mountain

Hi,

I want to buy a helmet for my GF's daughter, where can i buy one with a good quality/price ratio?

First i was thinking to buy an expensive one (1000+ Baht) but GF said 'better not cuz the maffia will take it if

you not drag it with you all the time'. So, what are the options if we compromise a little?

I am thinking myself that it most be possible to find a reasonable helmet for let say 500 Baht.

Pls, give me your thoughts about this ...

TIA

Edited by Jack Mountain

Yes, probably the best range of helmets from 200b to thousands for superbike full face.Bought two there yesterday as moving from a rented bike to my own so needed helmets as well.Huge range with a decent amount of childrens helmets as well

if you use a motobike that has a trunk under the seat, you can park off and stash an expensive helmet inside it no fear of having it stolen . . .

In my experience, good quality helmets are bigger than underseat storage spaces. Yamaha Nouveau and Honda AirBlade, to name two, don't hold a Bilmola.

• Like 1

how much is someones head worth ???? sure as hell these cheap crap plastic so called helmets will not do a damn thing think long term and buy the best you can for her you won't regret it if neccaserry fit a top box to store it in there not expensive and when she is not there or wearing it you have extra storage as well win win situation.

• Like 1

It amazes me that Thais want to risk their lives and buy cheap helmets . If you want a lifesaving helmet , it will cost you 2000 ++ -

If your GF wants to gamble with her own daughter then fine but if it was my money I would pay for a real helmet .

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

if you use a motobike that has a trunk under the seat, you can park off and stash an expensive helmet inside it no fear of having it stolen . . .

In my experience, good quality helmets are bigger than underseat storage spaces. Yamaha Nouveau and Honda AirBlade, to name two, don't hold a Bilmola.

you should try again, put it in upside down, but only after you removed the trash that thai pre-owners has left in there . . .

I was surprised to see how much one can stash into a Yamaha Nouvo underseat storage . . two bottles of Jacks, glasses, ice cubes and some club sandwiches will always do, and it's not even half full yet . . .

but you might be right, really BIG helmets probably won't fit . . worth a notice . .