Thai celeb's lucky name change goes viral

webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And this is news? Must be a slow day. Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well it's either this or one of the several threads running about Dennis Rodman or the many threads worrying about what Thai people think of all farang. I'm not sure which is worse, the mind-numbing content of some of these threads or the fact that I actually feel the need to click the links to check them out.

There may be something in this name changing lark.

My neighbour changed his name from plain old Somchai to Police Lieutenant Somchai and now at every restaurant and bar he goes to they ply him with free food and drink.

How lucky is that! thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Wifey's sister has also changed her name twice for good luck.

Even wifey changed her first name for better luck. Must have worked as she met me soon after!!!:-):-):-)

may not be so lucky for you though....5555555

Sent from my RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219 using Tapatalk

Wifey's sister has also changed her name twice for good luck.

Even wifey changed her first name for better luck. Must have worked as she met me soon after!!!:-):-):-)

We have a few Chinese friends who have done the name change thing with a view to better fortune etc.

Also Englebert Humperdinck from Gerry Dorsey seemed to work!

nothing to do with the fact he could sing????

Sent from my RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219 using Tapatalk

There may be something in this name changing lark.

My neighbour changed his name from plain old Somchai to Police Lieutenant Somchai and now at every restaurant and bar he goes to they ply him with free food and drink.

How lucky is that! thumbsup.gif

Don't think you or I could get away with that. Someone might think the "Farangs" are trying a scam.

The luckiest thing to happen to this person was the blend of genes which gave her the face and figure to become a minor celebrity in a silly land.

Playing around with her name has attracted some publicity, but it isn't going to change anything long term

The luckiest thing to happen to this person was the blend of genes which gave her the face and figure to become a minor celebrity in a silly land.

Playing around with her name has attracted some publicity, but it isn't going to change anything long term

Genes....?? More like surgeon's knife I'd imagine. Nose/t*ts/teeth look distinctly un-Thai to me..... Just one more from a long line of talentless attention whores... coffee1.gif

Such a typical thing to do in Thailand. Big headaches. Must really make parents around the kingdom proud knowing you carelessly misnamed your kid and therefore must change the name. Also sucks for future generations when trying to track your lineage.

"is now known as Khakkingrak Khikkhiksaranang."

Love this name although can't pronounce it unless I got hiccups.thumbsup.gif

Also good for people with a stutter!

I reckon what actually happened is she wanted to change her name to Kat but the typewriter key got stuck are the local amphur office

Yes I was thinking something similar. Kat King for example. . . news?

Anything can be news. How about current affairs?

Makes a change from the politicians who are about as sensible as actors anyway.

Genes....?? More like surgeon's knife I'd imagine. Nose/t*ts/teeth look distinctly un-Thai to me..... Just one more from a long line of talentless attention whores... coffee1.gif

Frequently taking off jeans may have also played some part, I suspect.