Court shuns Pheu Thai Party petition

webfact

Court shuns Pheu Thai Party petition
By Digital Content

13891611048916.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 8 – The Supreme Administrative Court today rejected a complaint by the Pheu Thai Party, seeking the Election Commission’s renewal of election registration in Thailand’s eight southern provinces.

The court said election-related cases are in the jurisdiction of the Supreme Court.

A group of 29 Pheu Thai members sought the Supreme Administrative Court’s order to the Election Commission (EC) to reorganise election registration in 28 constituencies in eight southern provinces which had been disrupted by anti-government protesters.

They said protesters blocked the registration grounds, impeding them from submitting their applications during the registration period from December 27 to January 1.

Noravich Klalaeng, the group representative, said they would discuss if they would lodge a complaint with the Supreme Court.

Members of several political parties including Chart Thai Pattana, Bhumjaithai, Chat Pattana and some small groupings had earlier filed similar complaints with the Supreme Court which is scheduled to give its ruling later today.

Mr Noravich said the Supreme Court’s verdict may not cover Pheu Thai members who lodged the case with the Supreme Administrative Court.

“If the court’s order does not cover Pheu Thai members, we will file a complaint with the Supreme Court tomorrow,” he said.

The Supreme Administrative Court has received 10 similar cases from various political parties. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-01-08

Got to laugh. The smaller parties read the paperwork and file at the correct place, the PTP go to the wrong court. Would be even more ironic if they miss out because they got all wrong, and they were not automatically included in the Supreme Court verdict.

• Like 1

i have not seen a single election poster anywhere no has there been any pickups driving around trying to make us deaf from blasting out their rubbish promises etc , makes me think is there really going to be an election ??????

• Like 1

This seems to happen a lot. Someone need to put out a list of who does what, so cases go to the right court. No it's not mine, it's his, no it's your.

One would think that the government, with all its legislative authority and experts to hand such as the council of state would be able to:-

a) Ensure that every candidate that was put forward for election was in fact elligible

B) Ensure that they lodged their complaints at the right court

• Like 2

i have not seen a single election poster anywhere no has there been any pickups driving around trying to make us deaf from blasting out their rubbish promises etc , makes me think is there really going to be an election ??????

Where do you live?

Drive around the Ram Intra area. You'll see Yingluck's PTP poster about every 15 metres.

On one of our local roads running under the highway intersection there is a very large PTP poster, several of the stooges and the grand master himself!

• Like 1

A completely unsurprising ruling. The EC has the sole authority to extend registration. This basically takes Pheu Thai back to square one. On February 2, there will be 28 uncontested constituencies - three more than the maximum allowed to open parliament. The election will be deemed invalid, parliament will be unable to open, and the Pheu Thai administration will be in a perpetual state of dissolution.

"the Pheu Thai administration will be in a perpetual state of dissolution."

They always have been !

• Like 2

Where do you live?

Drive around the Ram Intra area. You'll see Yingluck's PTP poster about every 15 metres.

On one of our local roads running under the highway intersection there is a very large PTP poster, several of the stooges and the grand master himself!

please post a photo...

The 'system' is the 2007 constitution, the PhuaThai had no part in drafting the last constitution, the PAD did, and now they want to tear up that constitution as well and have the country ruled by a 'peoples council' dictatorship.

Instead of a "T" family dictatorship, like Indonesia Suharto and Phillipines Marcos?

Where do you live?

please post a photo...
No. 15 posters appeared all along the Barommaratchachonnanee Rd. right after the numbers had been drawn.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The 'system' is the 2007 constitution, the PhuaThai had no part in drafting the last constitution, the PAD did, and now they want to tear up that constitution as well and have the country ruled by a 'peoples council' dictatorship.

Instead of a "T" family dictatorship, like Indonesia Suharto and Phillipines Marcos?

And the "Lee"dynasty in Singapore.

Suthep thinks, the feudal council acts.

Where do you live?

please post a photo...
No. 15 posters appeared all along the Barommaratchachonnanee Rd. right after the numbers had been drawn.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Haven't seen many till now. Saw some from the BRT bus along Narathiwat Rd. The 'boycot' seems to have effected the use of campaign posters, at least in parts of Bangkok.

Where do you live?

please post a photo...

Will this be enough?

post-94947-0-55939700-1389168976_thumb.j

post-94947-0-88337600-1389168988_thumb.j

post-94947-0-84482600-1389169003_thumb.j

post-94947-0-49321200-1389169018_thumb.j

post-94947-0-21359300-1389169030_thumb.j

post-94947-0-29759800-1389169062_thumb.j

post-94947-0-98963700-1389169096_thumb.j

I think he was wanting a picture of the poster with the grandmaster himself...

Will the provinces not be covered with by-elections? It would seem logical that the law had an option for what to do with provinces where for some reason the election process could not take place along the national election.

So their incompetence is excused by the fact that it wasn't a system that they created ... Hhmmm, interesting...!!

• Like 1

Saw 4 Trucks with the yingluck posters yesterday on the way to Udon Thani , funny thing happened in the village i live in, a guy was polling for yingluck and the people he was shouting at through his speaker told him to go away ( or was it mar si may) so they might just be in for a surprise, then my wife spoiled it for me , she said how much do you pay ?.................coffee1.gif

Seems yet another wheel has fallen off, getting very wobbly now.

Article 190 amendment bill unconstitutional, court rules
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Constitutional Court Wednesday ruled that the amendment to Article 190 of the Constitution was unconstitutional.

The amendment bill was aimed at allowing the government to sign international deals without having to seek legislative approval on a negotiating framework.

It was to allow the government to bypass the legislature to negotiate any deals except those impacting territorial integrity, sovereignty, relevant laws enacted by Parliament and the opening up of free trade.

The court ruled that the amendment bill and the amendment method violated Article 68, which prohibited the unconstitutional way of acquiring state power.

The complaint against the Article 190 amendment bill was filed by former Democrat MP Wirat Kalayasiri.

• Like 1

Source please Here is one showing the dishonesty in the existing Government. https://soundcloud.com/fabulous-103-fm/weekend-news-from-thailand-1

Your source please

I think he was wanting a picture of the poster with the grandmaster himself...

Will the provinces not be covered with by-elections? It would seem logical that the law had an option for what to do with provinces where for some reason the election process could not take place along the national election.

I might be wrong but I think you are trying to use western logic which in it's self is illogical in an eastern culture.

"Whats the difference between the Supreme court and the Supreme Administrative Court? Yeah got to laugh, they sound the same to me."

Makes me think of Pizza Hut: they have the "Super Supreme" pizza. After they go to Supreme Court they will be told they have to go to the "Super Supreme Court" and then referred to the "Super Duper Supreme Court" and so forth.

Bugger the 'Reds' and bugger the 'Yellows'.

Whatever they want - is OK, since Thailand is a democracy.

Whatever they do - is against National interests and National Security!

Paralyze BKK, Occupy Shopping Centers, Put them on fire, Occupy the Airport, Surround and Paralyze Parliament, PM's house, Ministries, beat, shoot at and kill each other at demonstrations = ALL of these actions are unconstitutional and illegal.

I said it before and will repeat it many times more:

Thais Talk too much of democracy, but have no understanding of Law and Order.

As to Yingluck - I wish she had more balls. She has done nothing wrong, except she has done nothing about preventing the Coup.

Saw 4 Trucks with the yingluck posters yesterday on the way to Udon Thani , funny thing happened in the village i live in, a guy was polling for yingluck and the people he was shouting at through his speaker told him to go away ( or was it mar si may) so they might just be in for a surprise, then my wife spoiled it for me , she said how much do you pay ?..............coffee1.gif

i believe you like fairy tales a lot and you like to tell fairy tales storys too :-D