Surprise for Mexican Salsa Verde Lovers

kikoman

On New Years eve we had lot of my wife's family come to our party, as they were looking around the yard they noticed my tomatillo plants and asked me why was I growing them, I told them they were imported seeds and an ingredient for Mexican food, they insisted that the tomatillo grow wild in the local fields and were called "Tang Tong" .

Day before yesterday my wife told me they would eat tang tong in their younger days after they had turned yellow and they had a sweet taste. I asked her to show me one of those plants, she left and about 10 minutes later came back with some Tomatillo, and they were tomatillos.

To day I went out with her to the fields and within 10 minutes after leaving home we found a tomatillo plant.

post-91962-0-95166100-1389164987_thumb.j post-91962-0-36195900-1389165019_thumb.jpost-91962-0-65571000-1389165071_thumb.j post-91962-0-94163200-1389165203_thumb.j

They look exactly like my Milpero Tomatillo, the smallest and sweeter tasting of the tomatillo family.

Please note my staked tomatillos pictures from my back yard, Same Same.

post-91962-0-87129800-1389165499_thumb.j post-91962-0-35555700-1389165533_thumb.j

So all of you Salsa Verde lovers in central Thailand look around for some free tomatillos, I will leave the plants I found alone till the tomatillo's are ripe then I will harvest them.

I live in Central Thailand, Nakhon Sawan, near the town of Lat Yao, I If you find any, please let me know.

Cheers

Where do you live what province, if you are willing to share that information,. I would like to know if they grow wild in what parts of Thailand?

I have more than enough for my needs the tomatillo's I am growing along with the local wild ones I will harvest!

I would believe they have to grow in other regions, Thanks for the post!

Cheers

I live in the northernmost, Chiang Rai. But I've seen them as potted plants in my wife relative house in Chiang Mai.

My wife also told me the wild ones are trans-seeded by birds... make sense~

Thanks again, Chiang Rai, a long ways from here!

Cheers

You can add Chaiyaphum too smile.png

We have this plant by the lake, or on the ricefields sometimes.

Wife said she also ate some as a kid...just like yours had...

Thank you Ting Tong, I have a brother in Na Bua Deang, I will ask them to keep an eye out for it, Is great in Salsa Verde!

Chaiyaphum added to the list!

Cheers