Where to get prescription medicine in Bangkok?

russianrobert

Hi, I have a stomach condition that requires regular use of a specific medication that I got on prescription from a doctor in the UK. I have finished the medication and want to get some more. I don't want to have to pay to go to see a doctor, I just want to be able to buy more medication. Does anyone know where can I do this?

Thanks for any information

If SE Asia Pharmacy at Sukhumvit 12 doesn't have it, you will have to go to the hospital. Likely, any pharmacy has it and will sell it without a new script in my experience. Which is it?

Sent from my MyPhone A919 Duo using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It does depend on the drug. A much larger number of things are OTC in Thailand than in the West but there are some drugs that are provided only on presecription and/only by hospital pharmacies.

Not, however, any for a "stom,ach condition" that I can think of. If the drug is a PPI such as meprazole, nexium etc, no prescription needed in Thailand.

• 1 year later...

Anyone looking for Nexium I found a Pharmacy, Theo's Pharmacy on Soi Post Office 13/2 in Pattaya (near Bodega bar) that sells the 28 x 40 mg for 1400 baht. I have been on Nexium for years and because of the cost here decided to use the thai brands to no avail.

They helped in the immediate sense but didn't appear to help healing. After feeling ill for so long I decided to return to the Nexium to see if it helped, Bingo... arriving home I immediately took 80 mg and within 3 hours I felt 80% better. I was feeling so miserable I'd have paid double just to feel good again. I'm taking 40 mg every other day and haven't had a problem for months. Also Pharmacy will order them in if he has run out and will call you when they have arrived usually next day delivery. He does this with any other prescription medications needed.