Owner's manual in English

khrab

You guys here are awesome so I pop another question and hope I find advise:

More than a year ago I bought a second hand Honda City 2010. Of course it came with a Thai language manual only.

Since then I try to get a copy in English:

I tried so far:

The local Honda dealer: "can not".

Honda Thailand HQ Bangkok did not even answer my email.

Searched the net for a download link. Found only dead or wrong ones. Ended even up getting my cc charged. (But this is no point here).

Out of desperation I contaced Honda Australia. (The Honda City is sold from India to New Zealand and almost anywhere in between.) Knowing that the Australien specifications are (slightly) different, I could live with that. Any driver's handbook covers all the features the model might get. Even the ones not in your car. So no big deal. I can well notice if there is no remote trunk release or no Bluetooth hands-free system.

Anyway. Got a nice reply, the only one, from an Australien staff member telling he could not help because the Australien Citys are different.

Of course! I Know! But it is still basiclly the same car.

Now up to you: Any chance to get an English version. Hard copy or download. I don't care.

You can get one from Honda, you just have to be persistent, from experience they tend not to respond to emails and usually a letter written to the CEO or similar works better - don;t expect dealers to do much for you since they wont make any money out of it, suggest you ask in your letter how you can "purchase" a manual..

So in stead of emailing why don't you just give Honda Thailand a call?

Problem the right phone numner.

I tried but might choose a wrong one. The web site quotes several. I was transfered, put on hold and after a long time waiting my call got "lost".

facepalm.gif

• 7 months later...

I had to push to get an English manual for my Mitsubhishi Attrage. When i asked the dealer initially the reply was of course no can do. If you persist with the manufacturer they will get you one, cost me 500 baht. They obviously are available as these are global cars sold in English speaking countries.

So the Wife ordered it.When Honda see a Ferang name on a firm order the Book arrives before the Vehicle. Total Cobblers, re Honda.

May I quote myself?

More than a year ago I bought a second hand Honda City 2010.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...