Cable TV shows a DVD 'screener'

ukrules

I was sitting in the living room last night reading something on my tablet when I noticed something on the screen of the hollywood movie playing on the TV which was dubbed into Thai.

It was a copyright notice from a DVD screener !

In case anyone doesn't know what a screener is - it's s preview copy sent out by the studios for review purposes before it's normal release.

This was an older movie but it's kind of hard to believe they shown a screener with the 'dvd screener for review purposes' / copyright warning and 'not for public display' intact and on TV through the cable network.

This is Thailand I guess !

Why would this surprise you?

My satellite signal is pirated, and so are most of the films shown on some of the channels. Few countries in this part of the world properly police IP, usually only the largest networks are in full compliance.

The surprise came more from the fact that they went to the effort to dub the entire movie into Thai without at least disguising the fact that it's a screener.

So they put a lot of effort into dubbing it but zero effort into finding something that at least looked legitimate.