Thai Army sends out vague signals on coup

webfact

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quiet frankly the whole shebang is Vague, we started out with a protest against the Amnesty Bill ending up with a caretaker government, elections in Feb, a boycotting democrat party, Rice farmers protesting , Suthep protesting (Still), people being shot and Thaskin Shinawatra dinning at the Hilton in Dubai, no wounder the Army is vague , trying to fathom the next move is like winning lotto ,now that's much easier.coffee1.gif

Vague?

Thaksin Shinawatra is still in power and that is what is driving the protests.

What is vague about that?

It's crystal-clear and everything else is just smoke 'n mirrors.

'In power' we are on the verge of a 'power' eradicating a whole political party...again!....you guys are so dim!

Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Thai Army, Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha, has provided vague answers to reporters when asked about a possible coup over the few weeks. Last month, the general refused to rule out a coup, stating that "anything can happen".

Now it appears to me that some people think that means there might be a coup.

Myself I believe it means the army may land a man on the moon same logic.

Perhaps the Anunnaki are behind it they are as vague as the Amarat people talk about.

sorry about the spelling on the Amasat.wai.gif

Personally I think the election will be postponed after the 308 PTP politicians are disqualified

How can in all rationality can you want to believe or expect that in the middle of a political crisis any panel of Judges will be insane enough to do such a thing to 308 formally elected politicians that were just doing there job?

There are just so many times that Thailand can do something stupid before the little credibility Thailand has left, goes right down the toilet.

Edited by indyuk
  • Like 1

love all the comments on here,makes me smile , if there is a coup maybe it might be a good thing or maybe not but what i see is a lot of people with there snouts in the trough , like politicians in a lot of country's including the UK, most are in politics for themselves not interested in what the people want just happy to line there pockets and i thing you will find that in most country's.

If the military in the UK took over from the crap government we have at the moment would it be a good thing ,sometimes I think yes get rid of all of them make sure none could ever run for Parliament again and have new people come in who will listen to what the people want. I know this will never happen as it would send the country back many years so we make do with a bad bunch and hope every 5 yrs when we vote we get it right. I am just a exsquaddie who moved for a better way of life,which i have.

Mainly it is up to the Thai people to get it right not us we should all be happy we live here if not go home because we will never change anything here

• Like 1

Personally I think the election will be postponed after the 308 PTP politicians are disqualified

How can in all rationality can you want to believe or expect that in the middle of a political crisis any panel of Judges will be insane enough to do such a thing to 308 formally elected politicians that were just doing there job?

There are just so many times that Thailand can do something stupid before the little credibility Thailand has left, goes right down the toilet.

Hey if you cant do the time then don't do the crime, they are all adults and must take responsibility for their actions.

"It also follows the ban on participating in politics from 111 former TRT party." "Yongyuth Tiyapairat, the party's deputy chairman, was deemed guilty by a court verdict on electoral fraud. Along with the coalition members of Thai Nation Party and Neutral Democratic Party, the People's Power Party was dissolved by the Constitutional Court on December 2, 2008,

In a democratic system there are rules, laws and policies that must be adhered to, so that a fair and equitable practice is maintained. It just seems a Thaksin government cant learn to play by the rules and always try to change the rules to suit their game.

Edited by waza
  • Like 1

What is not only rumors, is that care taker PM Yingluck Shinawatra is among the nominated for The Nobel Pice Price for 2013? Is someone of you, see qualification criteria for naming your candidate, today ready to propose Mr. Suthep? The price being awarded by Norway, myself a Norwegian, and by so I encourage all the Qualified to support Yingluck's nomination.

Sarcasm I guess but, if not....get real!

A military tribunal at The Vague ruled that the "C" word is not likely a civil war nor a coup.

"For Crisis sake" one heard them mutter.

A factional coup is an insurgency with a certain hue.

Leadership in exile suggests the proposed victim likes to eat watermelon.

Watermelon suggests that a unified coup is impossible if half the sets of ears burn when they hear the "C" word.

How about "Consequences"? That starts with a 'C'. Discuss that 'c' word and remove the threat by opening the eyes of the people to see what all these 'c' words mean for their future. People are hard of hearing banging the coloured saucepans on their heads.

We are just heading for "Crisis". Misery loves company.

If I were PTP I would quietly welcome a coup. 12 months or so military rule, get them to sort out the rice mountain, pay the farmers, remove the fuel subsidy, sort out the water management, infrastructure etc. THEN win the next election by a landslide and back to the feeding trough. Business as usual! Just a thought, Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You mean let other people come to clean you toilet and then come back to pooh again!

That's exactly the way it will be.....again!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Very parallel to the Labour/Conservative ping pong in the UK.

I believe it's the only way out of this impasse.

A military tribunal at The Vague ruled that the "C" word is not likely a civil war nor a coup.

"For Crisis sake" one heard them mutter.

A factional coup is an insurgency with a certain hue.

Leadership in exile suggests the proposed victim likes to eat watermelon.

Watermelon suggests that a unified coup is impossible if half the sets of ears burn when they hear the "C" word.

How about "Consequences"? That starts with a 'C'. Discuss that 'c' word and remove the threat by opening the eyes of the people to see what all these 'c' words mean for their future. People are hard of hearing banging the coloured saucepans on their heads.

We are just heading for "Crisis". Misery loves company.

But we already have leadership in exile.

The reds ready to split Thailand in two pieces...I think they overestimate their popularity...facepalm.gif

Its not the reds, Suthep started the splitting, or did you wake up this morning from a long sleep ?

Perhaps he woke up earlier when Yingluck tried to illegally ramrod an amnesty bill through for the red shirt financier, her brother, which started all of this.

Plus the small matter of a 2.2 Trillion loan.

A coup has felt inevitable for weeks. If it is going to happen it may as well happen before the 13th, rather than people having to go through all that standstill annoyance.

To be honest i thought the coup would have come earlier..........but, as they say, better late than never!

whatever you think about this government then this government elected by the people. So topple this government or put them out of power ahead of time will of course be the same as a coup.

so who makes the coup opesitionslederen or his lamb. If they succeed then it is a coup without the military has been mixed into the problems.

Why is it a coup to protest the corruption of this govt? Why is it a coup to protest the "give thaksin whatever he wants amnesty bill"? Why is it a coup to exercise your democratic right to protest?

Yes suthep has taken a different path towards fascism but the original protests that called time on this corrupt, inept, intolerant govt were a democratic expression of discontent at this govts behaviour, not a coup.

Edited by Bluespunk

What is not only rumors, is that care taker PM Yingluck Shinawatra is among the nominated for The Nobel Pice Price for 2013? Is someone of you, see qualification criteria for naming your candidate, today ready to propose Mr. Suthep? The price being awarded by Norway, myself a Norwegian, and by so I encourage all the Qualified to support Yingluck's nomination.

I think that was a satirical piece by a Thai journalist.

Quiet frankly the whole shebang is Vague, we started out with a protest against the Amnesty Bill ending up with a caretaker government, elections in Feb, a boycotting democrat party, Rice farmers protesting , Suthep protesting (Still), people being shot and Thaskin Shinawatra dinning at the Hilton in Dubai, no wounder the Army is vague , trying to fathom the next move is like winning lotto ,now that's much easier.coffee1.gif

Vague?

Thaksin Shinawatra is still in power and that is what is driving the protests.

What is vague about that?

It's crystal-clear and everything else is just smoke 'n mirrors.

'In power' we are on the verge of a 'power' eradicating a whole political party...again!....you guys are so dim!

Is it a political party, or is it organized criminality that is being eradicated?

If I were PTP I would quietly welcome a coup. 12 months or so military rule, get them to sort out the rice mountain, pay the farmers, remove the fuel subsidy, sort out the water management, infrastructure etc. THEN win the next election by a landslide and back to the feeding trough. Business as usual! Just a thought, Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The PTP won't exist soon and they will all be banned, and I think part of the reforms will include life bannings, not 5 years.

There is a very nice report in today's Bangkok Post that says that the NACC will be indicting the lot of them, not just the 308 but Yingluck and her cronies who were cleared of the first charge but will be included in the additional charge. Go read it... It will cheer you up.

My, you've been busy, joined this morning and 11 posts already - even got a fan club. Welcome to the forum, I'll look forward to your input.

By the way the report you lauded - it didn't cheer me up. In fact it made me wonder why anybody would still think that the Constitution Court is anything other than politically tainted.

Perhaps you could explain your thoughts on a coup and how it will benefit Thailand.................

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

The PTP won't exist soon and they will all be banned, and I think part of the reforms will include life bannings, not 5 years.

There is a very nice report in today's Bangkok Post that says that the NACC will be indicting the lot of them, not just the 308 but Yingluck and her cronies who were cleared of the first charge but will be included in the additional charge. Go read it... It will cheer you up.

Sounds like Yingluck is about to join her brother in Dubai for an indefinite time clap2.gif

"However, Lt.Gen. Charnchai Phuthong, commander of the Second Army Region, downplayed the ongoing rumours about the coup by insisting that the army will only support a peaceful and legal path to resolve the political conflicts."

Interesting to see the difference in emphasis. Tongue in cheek, we might speculate about what the reaction will be in 1st Army HQ in Bangkok if the 2nd Army starts manoeuvres in the Saraburi area.

Edited by citizen33

The arrogant and selfish group of the Bangkok expat crowd once again here, supporting the crooked yellow elite. You would throw to the wolves the majority of Thai people, just for keeping your daily business going as usual. Isaan should burn, according to you. Democracy means nothing to you, it must be really inconvenient for you!

How dare those Thais outside Bangkok demand their rights?! They should just bow before their masters and be thankful. Their feudal slave masters know what is best for them!

troll

• Like 2

... Read Chris Baker's book Jungle Book. The amazing Chris Baker points out how corrupt deals get done for decades in Thailand by corrupt politician "signaling" to each other.

I believe the book by Chris Baker is called "A History of Thailand".

The "Jungle book" was written by thai writer "Chang Noi".

Both are about Thai history and politics afaik.