Yingluck to hold Suthep responsible too if violence breaks out

webfact

If you're perplexed about why we post here with such passion, if you don't like it, leave and don't let the proverbial door hit your ass on the way out. You're not contributing to the discussion.

I believe in anyone's democratic rights to express their opinions but it doesn't have to mean I have to agree with your opinions.

My main point is that a lot of the posters on here who seem happy about another military coup in the making have very narrow reasons for feeling such passion against Thaksin and his family?

Have any of you really suffered at the hands of him or his family while you have been living here?

The same can be asked about the people who defend the government so passionately. Are things so good that you're so happy to defend a corrupt proxy government that's squandering trillions of baht of their taxpayer money?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are things so good that you're so happy to defend a corrupt proxy government that's squandering trillions of baht of their taxpayer money?

I am sure your average tea party voter in America would say exactly the same about Obama "squandering" billions to finance universal healthcare to benefit the poor in the US.

However, even among the most anti-Obama ranters of America will you be hardpressed to find anyone who says that a government squandering money justifies a military coup and the abolition of the people's democratic rights.

Your other allegations of "corruption" and "proxy" government do not justify an overthrow of the legitimately elected government either.

Why are you as a westerner living in Thailand so upset about corruption anyhow?

Do you think that by removing the Shinawatras corruption in Thai politics will gradually disappear?

The western media is pretty unanimous in how they view this conflict in Thailand as a fight between a legitimate democratic government up against a die-hard elite which cannot accept that Isarn peasants are their democratic equals.

It makes me laugh how some expats think they will be more accepted by this Thai elite if they kowtow to their every prejudice and help them spread their lies and propganda in forums like this.

Edited by Mark Thaiford
  • Like 1

Are things so good that you're so happy to defend a corrupt proxy government that's squandering trillions of baht of their taxpayer money?

I am sure your average tea party voter in America would say exactly the same about Obama "squandering" billions to finance universal healthcare to benefit the poor in the US.

However, even among the most anti-Obama ranters of America will you be hardpressed to find anyone who says that a government squandering money justifies a military coup and the abolition of the people's democratic rights.

Your other allegations of "corruption" and "proxy" government do not justify an overthrow of the legitimately elected government either.

Why are you as a westerner living in Thailand so upset about corruption anyhow?

Do you think that by removing Thaksin corruption in Thai politics will gradually disappear?

The western media is pretty unanimous in how they view this conflict in Thailand as a fight between a legitimate democratic government up against a die-hard elite which cannot accept that Isarn peasants are their democratic equals.

It makes me laugh how some expats think they will be more accepted by this Thai elite if they kowtow to their every prejudice and help them spread their lies and propganda in forums like this.

It's even funnier that there are people who actually have the audacity to compare this government to President Obama's. I'm sorry but is he running the USA while taking orders from a convicted criminal and human rights abuser? His own party would impeach him if he did a fraction of the stuff they do here.

Only fools would compare a near failed state to a so called first world nation. If you want to compare 'democratic' governments to this one, you should be using better analogies. Marcos, Mugabe, Sukarno and others come to mind.

"She begged anti-government protesters to think of the country"

She never thought of the country herself except lining her own and her brothers pockets.

Hypocrisy at it's best.

so true! good one!

Edited by shiok

So what if you the lame duck PM wants to hold Suthep responsible? It's the army that's more important and the army chief has already said it will hold YOU and your government responsible if violence breaks out.
who the hack is General to speak that way? Is the general to command PM or should he take the orders from PM? If Suthep & his cos look down on law then they are responsible for whatever happens, they should be held responsible & General also should go to face the court-martial for not supporting the Government

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Suthep is responsible for the violence ? He has been charged with murder. He is a fugitive from justice masquerading as a street hero. In any responsible democracy he would be sitting in a jail cell, awaiting trial. Any more violence, he should be charged again...it is at his instigation

• Like 2

So what if you the lame duck PM wants to hold Suthep responsible? It's the army that's more important and the army chief has already said it will hold YOU and your government responsible if violence breaks out.

who the hack is General to speak that way? Is the general to command PM or should he take the orders from PM? If Suthep & his cos look down on law then they are responsible for whatever happens, they should be held responsible & General also should go to face the court-martial for not supporting the Government

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

New to this country? f you're trying to compare this country to your nice and safe 'first world' democracy, don't bother. This is Thailand and over here, the Army trumps the civilian government.

Suthep is responsible for the violence ? He has been charged with murder. He is a fugitive from justice masquerading as a street hero. In any responsible democracy he would be sitting in a jail cell, awaiting trial. Any more violence, he should be charged again...it is at his instigation

I agree he has charges to face from 2010, but if you read what he has been saying recently, in this bout of demonstrations, he is telling his supporters to be peaceful. I am not supporting him, just pointing out an inaccuracy in what you say. It seems that sometimes you are very quick to pick up the cudgel....

Why do you bother to make silly statements like that when you already know this country is nowhere near to being a 'responsible democracy'?

So what if you the lame duck PM wants to hold Suthep responsible? It's the army that's more important and the army chief has already said it will hold YOU and your government responsible if violence breaks ut.

Democracy is not meant to work where the democratically elected government has a gun to his head. Does it in your home country?Is the army more important than the government there? . Many western countries he would be behind bars by now for trying to over throw a government democratically elected, and probable incitement to cause riots..

Its also the army chiefs government.

• Like 1

Rather than comment on other poster's comments, why not comment on the topic at hand?

Some posts have been removed.

My comments have been about who is responsible if violence breaks out.

The posters on thsi forum who support Suthep's grab for power are irresponsibly fanning the flames of what could become a protracted and violent conflict.

How many of these posters would actively encourage the US military to stage a coup against Obama or the UK military to stage a coup against David Cameron?

You have been a member of TV ONE DAY. How many discussions have you read since 2006? I can tell you most farangs here don't like Suthep, but they hate Thaksin even more for what he and his family have done to this country. Corruption over the last 2 years has been rife. Anyone who pays tax is sick of it, and not just middle class Bangkokians. The rice farmers are sick of being lied to and not being paid. Noone in the current crop of politicians is fit to run the country. Everyone is out to look after number one, and their cronies. This is exactly why there have been endless coups, and we are overdue for another one. This is not going to end until a party comes along to serve the people and not just get into power to rape the coffers and take care of themselves.

So what if you the lame duck PM wants to hold Suthep responsible? It's the army that's more important and the army chief has already said it will hold YOU and your government responsible if violence breaks ut.

Democracy is not meant to work where the democratically elected government has a gun to his head. Does it in your home country?Is the army more important than the government there? . Many western countries he would be behind bars by now for trying to over throw a government democratically elected, and probable incitement to cause riots..

Its also the army chiefs government.

Yeah news flash here. This is not one of those 'many western countries'. Why do you people keep insisting on comparing this country with other western democracies when this country is nowhere near being that? This is a third world country where democracy has unfortunately failed so far. And until things change and there are reforms, the fact remains that the military here trumps the civilian government.

Why can't both Yingluck & Suthep arrange the "peace" debate in the front of the public through live TV? It will not cost anyone's life.

Suthep asked Yingluck to join him in a live debate but she turned it down. The puppet just can't answer anything without asking the fugitive what she should do. They should have Suthep debate directly with the real boss in Dubai by satellite link up....clap2.gif

I think she should do the debate. Anyone disagrees otherwise?

• Like 1

I can tell you most farangs here don't like Suthep, but they hate Thaksin even more for what he and his family have done to this country. Corruption over the last 2 years has been rife. Anyone who pays tax is sick of it, and not just middle class Bangkokians.

So Farang expats hate Thaksin because of his corruption and farangs do not like it because they have to pay higher taxes because of it.

The Shinawatras have been in control of Thailand for a long time now so I guess that is why so many expats have gotten so angry with them. Corruption will not go away with the Shinawatras, however. It will be just as blatant and widespread as it has always been even after the Shinawatras may be driven out of Thailand. The only difference will be that all the ill-gotten gains will now go straight to the Bangkok elite with nothing whatsoever for the rest of the populace. But I guess that is why you are so indignant about what the Shinawatras "have done" to Thailand as they have actually done something to improve lives for the general population.

Being indignant about what the Shinawatras "have done" to Thailand also rings a bit hollow as your average Thai person has never had it so good as he or she does now. The Thai economy has boomed for the past 15 years in case you didn't know.

• Like 1

DPM is effectively Thailand's Commander in Chief and of course she is responsible for everything that transpires in Thailand. However she is only responsible for defending her people and their lands from the actions of a commoner that has given. himself and illusory mission.

Prime Minister Yingluck is in effect Thailand's Commander in Chief at this time in the sense that the Commander in Chief appears to report to her and or is out ranked by her as Minister of Defence.

Of course she is responsible for ameliorating any tragedy that descends upon the Monarchy, yet only responsible for her people and their Thailand.

The actions of a third party against the interest of the people and their Monarchy are only her responsibility because the perpetrator is in fact Thailand's, and it's people's, enemy.

Edited by indyuk