Yingluck asks Suthep to help settle crisis

webfact

Yingluck does have a option open to her to resolve this crisis and that is to unleash her government forces to suppress the protesters in the most brutal fashion, and to call on her 'red shirt' followers to besiege Bangkok and to maim and kill as many of Suthep's supporters as they are able. In other words to totally crush the protests by using extreme physical force.

Is that really what those who refer to her as a weak and pathetic woman prone to tears really want.?

There is no easy solution to this crisis. If she were to resign her supporters would take the place of the current protesters and the conflict would rumble on and on

'Jaw Jaw not War War, as Churchill urged is the only way out. Already I can see Yingluck's conciliatory approach working. Many Bangkokian University students are now moving into her corner asking that the February elections take place unhindered. Moderate Thais with no great political affiliation just want their country to return to normality.

As was shown when Abhisit was heckled at a recent meeting, Suthep and Abhisit are not interested in taking part in reasonable debate to try to resolve the crisis whereas Yingluck clearly is.

• Like 2

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yingluck does have a option open to her to resolve this crisis and that is to unleash her government forces to suppress the protesters in the most brutal fashion, and to call on her 'red shirt' followers to besiege Bangkok and to maim and kill as many of Suthep's supporters as they are able. In other words to totally crush the protests by using extreme physical force.

Is that really what those who refer to her as a weak and pathetic woman prone to tears really want.?

There is no easy solution to this crisis. If she were to resign her supporters would take the place of the current protesters and the conflict would rumble on and on

'Jaw Jaw not War War, as Churchill urged is the only way out. Already I can see Yingluck's conciliatory approach working. Many Bangkokian University students are now moving into her corner asking that the February elections take place unhindered. Moderate Thais with no great political affiliation just want their country to return to normality.

As was shown when Abhisit was heckled at a recent meeting, Suthep and Abhisit are not interested in taking part in reasonable debate to try to resolve the crisis whereas Yingluck clearly is.

Not wanting to be heckled is an indication of not being interested in taking part in reasonable debate?blink.png

• Like 2

You clearly have very little understanding of the players who are involved and on the sidelines of this crisis.

If Yingluck 'unleashed the reds' they'd face the army not the mainly peaceful protestors. She is weak because she doesn't have any real power which unfortunately still rests in Dubai.

If you bothered to read earlier posts in this thread you would have seen that Yingluck and Suthep did meet for talks in early December and nothing was resolved. Continually trotting out empty words might influence some simple minds but does nothing to address the issue of her corrupt clan's desire to hold on to power whatever the consequences for the country.

You are right that moderate Thais would love to see a resolution of the crisis but I doubt if their version of normality corresponds with yours. Many Thais, including red shirt grass-roots were totally pissed off with the amnesty fiasco (the cause of the crisis) - even some of the more moderate red shirt leaders expressed their disgust. So, it's not at all clear that PTP retain their hold on the electorate of the north & NE, particularly if vote-buying was curbed.

As for the Abhisit heckler - much less that the various whistle blowers that have plagued Yingluck when she has the courage to stick her nose outside PTP strongholds.

• Like 2

Yingluck's own 10yrs old son was cowardly attacked by insane yellow people at his own school. Very vicious act indeed.

And as all the other criminal acts, it was covered everywhere in the press.

Thugs indeed... There were enough pictures posted also on this forum to convince everyone on earth... sleep.png

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You know that's a lie. Even the principal of the school said it didn't happen.

Try harder with your propaganda.

That hasn't stopped him from repeating the lie at least a half dozen times since.

Not wanting to be heckled is an indication of not being interested in taking part in reasonable debate?blink.png

Apologist logic is often extreme.

• Like 1

Yingluck has offered already so many opportunities to Suthep (and the Dems) to dialogue.

Each and everyone of these offers has been immediately rejected by her opponents.

And after so many attempts she is still offering more opportunities to reach a solution together... while Suthep and his thugs continue to make Thailand fall into chaos.

Wow rolleyes.gif

She really should be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize !!!

Offering things like that when you KNOW you're going to "win" the elections in the end is not a real offer:

During the Mr. "T" regime the constituencies have been altered to fit the TRT party. Very large constituencies with large numbers of voters would give one party only one seat (These they changed and were Democratic strongholds) much smaller constituencies, with much fewer people were divided up in several constituencies with one seat each. This means that even when people did not vote a 100% for the TRT they would still have a "glorious victory" over the Democrats. It was all made to match the TRT.

In numbers: The TRT and Dems had respectively: 15,744,190 and 11,433,762 people vote for them. A difference in % of the population of resp. (TRT, Dems) 48.41% and 35.15%. (say 13%) This was NOT reflected in the seats in Parliament by the self dividing rule of the TRT who changed the constituencies. (TRT/ Dems) 265 seats against 159 seats or in seats 106 (!!). If this had been in the range of anything like 225 to 196 this would have been a fair and acceptable result. (the difference being about 13%) or in seats 29. Read that again: The difference in what would have been an acceptable and fair divide in seats was 29 but it became 106 !!! This would have allowed (just an example) the Democrats to team up with some other parties and still form a Government. Besides in the opposition it would have given them lots more control.

Then due to certain constituents differences it could have been anything in the range of 210 to 235 for the TRT and 190 to 220 for the Dems and it would be acceptable, justifiable and explainable.

NOW do we understand why this system is unacceptable and nothing near free and fair elections?

Useless to make comments due to the fact it's really none of our business. Am sure everyone who has posted comments comes from the most perfect country on this Earth. If one doesn't like what is going on and or has a problem with it I suggest they return to their perfect country and stop complaining.

My dear friends .... gaining advantage is what democracy is all about. In my country (The United States) the votes are also "bought." The votes are bought by making promises in advance, and then paying off the constituency with goodies (business; government contracts; construction projects; reforms) after the election.

Some countries just put the cart in front of the horse. Those who don't support a majority elected government are indirectly begging for fascism.

clap2.gif

That is all nice and I understand that. But corruption in America is not as bad as here. Here it is off the scale. That is what Thaksin would like to convinice everyone in the world that demoracy is clean here and that it is elected my the majority. I certainly welcome any party that can govern this nation well, but it must do it with transparency and for the goodness of Thailand. Or else if it is all about the majority and minority have no say, then can it be call demoracy? And is it truly the greatest system in the world? No one that supports election can tell me if the PT or any other govt will contine business as usual or change anything. The PT difinately showed their true color. So can they be trusted with the safety of democracy. Or is democracy is just a tool for them. All you hardcore fundamentalist view about democracy seem to think that election is the only think that democracy is. But honest and ethical governance is also part of democracy. Do you see it here with this govt. That part of democracy broke a long time ago. How to fix it is the big question. This is where the disagreement is.

So can you please stop comparing apple and orange. Or apple and rotten apple. Which ever you like.

Agree that an honest and ethical government is also part of democracy. And if the government is not honest, then the people should be made aware and then vote them out in the next election. What we SHOULDN'T DO is dismantle the entire democratic system and try to stop elections just because the bad guys keep winning. It's time to ask ourselves WHY they keep winning and propose policies and campaign against that. Put it another way, when a corrupt businessman can go on trial and still get away with murder because of his influence, is the right answer to say "Screw the law and justice system! It's time for mob rule!"?

Glad that you agree with honest government, but as long as the govt hides its crime from the people, how can voters make an inform decision. Hence is the problem. Then we still don't have a solution and the govt. will continue to abuse the system. To win an election will be to give free stuff away and incur more debt. I am not oppose to any populist program, as long as the budget can support it. I am not oppose to any party. Do you a for seeable future where reform will create better transparency and accountability by the govt? With one of the main core part of democracy hijacked, will Thailand ever have democracy. Soon it evolve into some thing other than democracy, where everyone is treated fairly and the safety of the nation is secure. Again everyone always state the obvious. But never have a solution that is tearing the nation a part. Which is a critical part of democracy has been destroyed.

Yingluck's own 10yrs old son was cowardly attacked by insane yellow people at his own school. Very vicious act indeed.

Thugs indeed... There were enough pictures posted also on this forum to convince everyone on earth... sleep.png

That hasn't stopped him from repeating the lie at least a half dozen times since.

What more could you expect --- the truth for a change.

My dear friends .... gaining advantage is what democracy is all about. In my country (The United States) the votes are also "bought." The votes are bought by making promises in advance, and then paying off the constituency with goodies (business; government contracts; construction projects; reforms) after the election.

Some countries just put the cart in front of the horse. Those who don't support a majority elected government are indirectly begging for fascism.

clap2.gif

That is all nice and I understand that. But corruption in America is not as bad as here. Here it is off the scale. That is what Thaksin would like to convinice everyone in the world that demoracy is clean here and that it is elected my the majority. I certainly welcome any party that can govern this nation well, but it must do it with transparency and for the goodness of Thailand. Or else if it is all about the majority and minority have no say, then can it be call demoracy? And is it truly the greatest system in the world? No one that supports election can tell me if the PT or any other govt will contine business as usual or change anything. The PT difinately showed their true color. So can they be trusted with the safety of democracy. Or is democracy is just a tool for them. All you hardcore fundamentalist view about democracy seem to think that election is the only think that democracy is. But honest and ethical governance is also part of democracy. Do you see it here with this govt. That part of democracy broke a long time ago. How to fix it is the big question. This is where the disagreement is.

So can you please stop comparing apple and orange. Or apple and rotten apple. Which ever you like.

Agree that an honest and ethical government is also part of democracy. And if the government is not honest, then the people should be made aware and then vote them out in the next election. What we SHOULDN'T DO is dismantle the entire democratic system and try to stop elections just because the bad guys keep winning. It's time to ask ourselves WHY they keep winning and propose policies and campaign against that. Put it another way, when a corrupt businessman can go on trial and still get away with murder because of his influence, is the right answer to say "Screw the law and justice system! It's time for mob rule!"?

According to your statement, the solution is that all politician should promise populist policies such as the Rice Scheme to win the heart of the voters? So the next politician should come up with even a greater populist program that would cost the nation even more money. And can not balance the budget or worst bankrupt the government. This statement is not some fantasy that I came up with, it's happening today. Do you not see that?

Do you see what the core problem is with this government? it's the non transparency and non accountability by the government. If you have that functioning, then politicians will think twice what they promise and if it doesn't work, there is a way to stop from continuing. But your solution is wait for the government to fix this.

So if the protesters did not what they did, do you think the Rice Scheme will continue with more borrowing? Do you think the 2 Trillion Infrastructure project will obtain their funding? Do you think the water project will also obtain their funding? Will we know that parliament broke the law with the constitution. Will we know that the government conspire to overthrow the government? Do you think the Amnesty Bill will be stopped? Do you think the government will police after themselves?

Edited by aimbc
  • Like 1

I read some people here confirm that Suthep brought 6 million protesters in the street of Bangkok... THAT was the biggest lie ever :lol:

Useless to make comments due to the fact it's really none of our business. Am sure everyone who has posted comments comes from the most perfect country on this Earth. If one doesn't like what is going on and or has a problem with it I suggest they return to their perfect country and stop complaining.

Lol. You obviously haven't gotten the word. It's a global village now... I'm sure we'll give your suggestion all the careful consideration it deserves.

Yingluck to Suthep: "Oh please, let's be friends and let bygones be bygones. I'll be PM and you can be...well...er...uhhhh...I'll be PM <insert smiley face here>. "

Lol. You obviously haven't gotten the word. It's a global village now... I'm sure we'll give your suggestion all the careful consideration it deserves.

Yingluck to Suthep: "Oh please, let's be friends and let bygones be bygones. I'll be PM and you can be...well...er...uhhhh...I'll be PM <insert smiley face here>. "

What is your solution?

I hope you are the only one silly enough to take your own advice.

• Like 1

I read some people here confirm that Suthep brought 6 million protesters in the street of Bangkok.

Ideally, if your think someone has posted a lie, then confront that individual poster, not troll along with repeating your own lie.

Yingluck has offered already so many opportunities to Suthep (and the Dems) to dialogue.

Each and everyone of these offers has been immediately rejected by her opponents.

And after so many attempts she is still offering more opportunities to reach a solution together... while Suthep and his thugs continue to make Thailand fall into chaos.

Wow rolleyes.gif

She really should be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize !!!

Offering things like that when you KNOW you're going to "win" the elections in the end is not a real offer:

During the Mr. "T" regime the constituencies have been altered to fit the TRT party. Very large constituencies with large numbers of voters would give one party only one seat (These they changed and were Democratic strongholds) much smaller constituencies, with much fewer people were divided up in several constituencies with one seat each. This means that even when people did not vote a 100% for the TRT they would still have a "glorious victory" over the Democrats. It was all made to match the TRT.

In numbers: The TRT and Dems had respectively: 15,744,190 and 11,433,762 people vote for them. A difference in % of the population of resp. (TRT, Dems) 48.41% and 35.15%. (say 13%) This was NOT reflected in the seats in Parliament by the self dividing rule of the TRT who changed the constituencies. (TRT/ Dems) 265 seats against 159 seats or in seats 106 (!!). If this had been in the range of anything like 225 to 196 this would have been a fair and acceptable result. (the difference being about 13%) or in seats 29. Read that again: The difference in what would have been an acceptable and fair divide in seats was 29 but it became 106 !!! This would have allowed (just an example) the Democrats to team up with some other parties and still form a Government. Besides in the opposition it would have given them lots more control.

Then due to certain constituents differences it could have been anything in the range of 210 to 235 for the TRT and 190 to 220 for the Dems and it would be acceptable, justifiable and explainable.

NOW do we understand why this system is unacceptable and nothing near free and fair elections?

Every constituency is about 170,000 voters. The Democrats changed it from a multi seat constituency before the 2011 election. Before, each 500,000 voter constituency elected 3 seats to the winner.

The reason PTP got a higher percentage of seats compared to votes is because they won seats with small percentages of the vote. They got the largest percentage, but the rest of the vote was spread amongst a lot of other parties. The winner can get the seat with just 30% of the vote.

Sent from my phone ...

I find it quite disturbing how so many TV members are content to see this as a black and white situation - "Yingluck bad therefore Suthep good".

This ultra simplistic view which sees only the flaws (real and perceived) in Yingluck's administration, overlooks how incredibly dangerous any government involving Suthep would be; someone who apart from having his own huge corruption record, has absolutely no record of respecting either democracy or human rights.

In fact it is "Yingluck good and Suthep bad"

Everyone realize that now rolleyes.gif

I think this kind of sums up the reading and comprehension powers of the average poster on this thread?

• Like 2

Let us not forget the central player to all this unrest is Thaksin and his extended family.

With all their money you'd think the Shin family would just sit back and enjoy their life but sadly in Asia face is more important.

A wise gambler know's when to cash the chips in.

Does anyone seriously believe a Democrat government would be any less corrupt than the Pheu Thai government? I would welcome more intelligent economic policy from any government but I believe Suthep to be a dangerous totalitarian worse than the Shinawatras. The last Abhisit government did not do anything much or help Thailand progress.

It would seem that the last six years showed the Democrats led government to be less corrupt than a PheuThai led government. Thailand has been sliding down on the corruption index the last two and a half years.

As for the Abhisit government not doing much, well. We did have this 'global financial crisis' in 2007-2008 with the previous two governments in 2007 only busy trying to get their big boss back in power. Also the 'riots' in 2009 and the March to May revolt in 2010 didn't make it much easier for the Abhisit government to help Thailand progress.

Anyway, we still have Ms. Yingluck wanting to talk to k. Suthep so desperately that the police is prepared to forcefully hunt him down.

What is your solution?

<sigh> Well, for the 3867th time, revoke Thaksin's passport, actively seek his extradition, ensure he actually serves his time, and criminalize ANY contact with him by ANY elected or appointed office-holder or official. Launch a formal inquiry into the ties between the YS government and Thaksin, and publish a report on the degree to which he has influenced government policies. In other words, bring the populism out into the daylight and start unraveling it. Reform the constitutional framework so that majority parties can't simply change it at will. Others have posted their ideas for necessary reforms as well.

But having looked down upon us all from on high and deemed our comments "useless", why do you even ask?? (Not that I actually think anyone in a position of actual influence pays any attention to what's said here, but free speech and the exchange of ideas and views, and political argument, are never useless, IMO... However there IS something very dysfunctional about telling people to shut up & go home)

• Like 2

Does anyone seriously believe a Democrat government would be any less corrupt than the Pheu Thai government? I would welcome more intelligent economic policy from any government but I believe Suthep to be a dangerous totalitarian worse than the Shinawatras. The last Abhisit government did not do anything much or help Thailand progress.

Of course reversing and/or corrupting every positive policy initiate made under PM Abhisit simply to further demonize political opponents does mean there's precious little evidence left of those policies to cause embarrassment for the ruling clique now in power.

She has asked the lunatic Suthep from day one to talk and sort out the problem, Suthep has always refused to try and settle the mess he caused like an adult but wants to carry on like a spoilt little rich kid throwing a tantrum.

Suthep wants to talk publicly.

Not behind closed doors in a sneaky manner

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

you mean not behind closed doors in a civilised manner. The guys just a blagger, he has no interest in democracy, the general Thai public. He's just an attack dog for the rich and powerful of BKK who don't want to lose a sinlge baht to the great unwashed (as Arthur Daley would say)

That shows how much you know about things.

Suthep's manor is southern Thailand.

That is where his support base is and mainly consists of the rural farmers.

He is mister south to Thaksin's mister north

• Like 1

It would seem that the last six years showed the Democrats led government to be less corrupt than a PheuThai led government. Thailand has been sliding down on the corruption index the last two and a half years.

As for the Abhisit government not doing much, well. We did have this 'global financial crisis' in 2007-2008 with the previous two governments in 2007 only busy trying to get their big boss back in power. Also the 'riots' in 2009 and the March to May revolt in 2010 didn't make it much easier for the Abhisit government to help Thailand progress.

Anyway, we still have Ms. Yingluck wanting to talk to k. Suthep so desperately that the police is prepared to forcefully hunt him down.

A complete non-seqitur! - Come on you can do better than that! and remember they weren't elected?

Edited by wilcopops

She has asked the lunatic Suthep from day one to talk and sort out the problem, Suthep has always refused to try and settle the mess he caused like an adult but wants to carry on like a spoilt little rich kid throwing a tantrum.

Suthep wants to talk publicly.

Not behind closed doors in a sneaky manner

you mean not behind closed doors in a civilised manner. The guys just a blagger, he has no interest in democracy, the general Thai public. He's just an attack dog for the rich and powerful of BKK who don't want to lose a sinlge baht to the great unwashed (as Arthur Daley would say)

That shows how much you know about things.

Suthep's manor is southern Thailand.

That is where his support base is and mainly consists of the rural farmers.

He is mister south to Thaksin's mister north

Thailand South and BKK middle class - sold Phuket to his rich friends - many expats are paying him rent!

Edited by wilcopops

A complete non-seqitur! - Come on you can do better than that! and remember they weren't elected?

Elected MPs elected Abhisit PM, just like do for all PMs.

Sent from my phone ...